- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
This immaculately-presented, south-facing studio apartment is one of two holiday apartments at 102 Gills Cliff; it sits in a stunning elevated position high above the charming Victorian seaside town of Ventnor, on the south coast of the Isle of Wight, and conveniently situated at street level, this Ventnor studio apartment sits two floors above Ref.
Connected to the owners' house, yet retaining complete privacy, this wonderful Ventnor apartment boasts panoramic views across the English Channel.
Lavishly appointed throughout and offering light and contemporary accommodation, this luxury Ventnor holiday retreat is the perfect choice for a romantic getaway in this idyllic part of the Isle of Wight.
This spacious, open plan self-catering studio in Ventnor is designed with your comfort in mind, and from the opulence of your king-size bed, you can enjoy the outstanding panoramic coastal views, an absolute delight to wake up to!
Sliding doors open out onto the south-facing balcony; with its comfortable outdoor chairs it is perfect for enjoying a tranquil breakfast, while soaking up the sun and appreciating the picturesque views of Ventnor and the English Channel.
This beautiful Ventnor self-catering apartment is a cosy hideaway, one that will complete any romantic break on the wonderful Isle of Wight.
All third floor, accessed at street level. Open plan studio accommodation with king-size double bed, sitting area, dressing area, kitchenette & dining area. Shower room with shower, basin & WC.
- Gas central heating with electric convector heater and gas-fired water heating system
- Single electric hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, TV with full Sky, DVD, selection of DVDs, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent, please bring own beach towels
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Balcony with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 5 mins walk, pubs and restaurants 10 mins downhill walk
- Harbour 10 mins walk, bus stop 2 mins walk
- Note: Ventnor is set on a very steep hill, it may take longer to walk back from the beach, shops etc
- Note: No babies or children
- Note: Although accessible from the parking space, the property doesn't offer wheelchair access.
- “Stunning view”
- “We had a really warm welcome on arrival and were shown everything we needed. The view from the french widow in the bedroom, looking over the balcony, really was stunning. Watching the boats sailing by was a great pastime. There is everything you need there for 2 people. Cooking facilities could be considered to be limited- but we used the microwave and toaster- ther rest of the time we ate out or brought food in. The house is well positioned for travelling around the area. I was not brave enough to walk down- relying on my skills to back us on to the road and away down the Zig Zag Road. You can link with the main route or smaller routes by turning left or right at the top of the road. Access is good- although if you have mobility issues there is one small step up to the from door and one slightly larger step down into the property. Wifi very good and the television/sky/dvd is a bonus. A good rental- try it”
- “outstanding view”
- “this is a really nice place to stay in ventnor, with your own parking space just outside your door, inside its light and spacious, from the bedroom there is an outstanding sea view, the owners are so friendly and helpful, there if you need them. there was milk and orange juice in the fridge, and chocs and port in the bedroom along with other nice extras, the owners really do everything they can to make your stay enjoyable.”
- “Room With A Superb View and a Well-Appointed Apartment”
- “We weren't disappointed with our stay at Room @ The Top - perched high above Ventnor, the bedroom balcony gave us a breathtaking view over the town and out across the English Channel. The studio apartment is decorated to a very high and tasteful standard throughout, with plenty of wardrobe space for hanging and storing clothes. The bathroom has a lovely shower. The bed is king-size and very comfortable. Cooking facilities are a little limited, with a portable double electric hob and a microwave (i.e. no cooker), but there are plenty of places to eat out nearby! There's a fridge, toaster and kettle provided. What makes the Room @ The Top extra special is the attention to detail provided by the owners: welcoming gifts included tea bags, milk, breakfast cereal, some port and chocolate peanuts - and there's free wi-fi, which is very handy if your mobiles can't get a signal there - which ours (Vodafone) couldn't - and the Sky HD box (non-recordable) and fair-sized TV in the bedroom is also a bonus if you prefer to stay in during the evening. The off-road parking, right outside the front door, is also very welcome. All in all, Room @ The Top is well worth checking out if you plan to spend some holiday time on the Isle of Wight. Highly recommended.”
- “Fantastic and exceptional”
- “What a fabulous stay we had! A beautiful, comfortable and spacious apartment, with a gorgeous view over the water from the balcony. Ian & Marie the owners are lovely and very helpful. Nearby if you need anything, but out of sight if you don't. Basic but useful kitchen facilities, free wifi and Sky on a large flat screen tv, off street parking and even fluffy white robes with slippers waiting for you to relax and get comfy in! Truly outstanding, we will be back soon.”
- “The apartment was excellent. The view from the veranda was breathtaking. I am happy to recommend to anyone wishing to stay on the Isle of Wight.”
- “Excellent accommodation, lovely views from the balcony/bedroom. The hosts were very helpful if needed but kept a low profile also. Super walks to Ventnor and excellent bus service to enable access around the island. Excellent information available at accommodation and in town of places to see and how to get there; altogether a great week.”
- “Lovely place to come back to after a day's sightseeing; felt like home.”
- “An immaculately presented and comfortable apartment, equipped with everything you could possibly need for your stay and stunning panoramic views overlooking Ventnor. The owners were extremely welcoming and hospitable and the off-road parking was a huge positive. We would strongly recommend to any couple and would happily visit again.”
- “An excellent apartment, with good decor and a very welcoming atmosphere. The views from the very high level balcony were stunning. The apartment had recently been refurbished and the charming owners should be congratulated on the results.”
About the location
Newport 10 miles; Cowes 15 miles.
The quaint Victorian seaside resort of Ventnor is located at the southern end of the island and accessed via an array of steep winding roads set amidst beautiful scenery. Sheltered by St. Boniface Down, one of the island's highest points and an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, this charming town has a uniquely mild micro climate enabling tropical and exotic plants to grow throughout the area. The gently sloping sandy and fine shingle beaches provide excellent facilities for watersports and offer a range of stunning coastal paths to explore, while the harbour sells a broad range of fresh fish and locally-caught seafood. A good variety of shops, pubs, cafes and restaurants line the esplanade, whilst the Botanical Gardens are within easy reach and well worth a visit. With plenty to see and do around the island for all the family, including great walking and cycling opportunities, medieval castles, historic houses and a variety of gardens and waterfalls, as well as the unspoilt fishing bay, this great holiday destination has plenty to offer all year round, and it's easy to see why it's known as the prettiest place on the Isle of Wight.