“I would add that the landlord was ...”I would add that the landlord was most helpful in ensuring our stay went well for us.
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A wonderfully bright ground floor coastal apartment in the heart of Ventnor town, on the south side of the Isle of Wight.
A charming apartment, perfect for a romantic break, close to local transport, shops, restaurants and beautiful walks.
On entering into Buckingham House, you will find the apartment's entrance to your left-hand side, just before the main staircase.
Walk into the beautifully and thoughtfully appointed open plan living area, filled with some nostalgic antiques that have been lovingly brought back to life, a truly wistful and romantic ambiance.
Pass through the modern fitted kitchen area into the beautifully light and cosy double bedroom.
Take a peek into the rattan storage boxes, where you will discover some useful bits and pieces for your dog, like bowls, drying off towel, poo bags and treats.
From the sitting room, follow the corridor down three steps to your shower room.
Enjoy mooching about the many boutique and antiques shops that Ventnor has to offer and zigzag your way down to the sea, passing terraces that have been beautifully planted with sub-tropical plants.
For a relaxing day, walk along the beach or esplanade to one the many pubs, restaurants or cafés.
Alternatively, you can simply sit on one of the many benches and watch the world go by.
Enjoy the many stunning walks, especially along the coastal path from Wheelers Bay to Steephill Cove, stunning beaches and breathtaking vistas.
A truly wonderful romantic apartment, perfectly located to relax and enjoy the enviable micro-climate that Ventnor enjoys all year round.
All ground floor. One double bedroom. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- Gas central heating
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, DAB radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- On road parking (out of season) with additional parking in 2 long stay pay and display 2 mins walk or free parking 10 mins walk
- Three well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops and pubs 3 mins walk
- Note: No children or infants
- Note: There are 3 steps down into the shower room, which may mean the property is unsuitable for the less mobile
- Note: Although there's no private outdoor space/garden at this apartment, there is a dog walking area 5 minutes' walk away and the beach is a ten minute walk away, which allows dogs from October to March
- There's other beaches nearby that allow dogs all year round.
About the location
Newport 10 miles; Cowes 15 miles.
The quaint Victorian seaside resort of Ventnor is located at the southern end of the island and accessed via an array of steep winding roads set amidst beautiful scenery. Sheltered by St. Boniface Down, one of the island's highest points and an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, this charming town has a uniquely mild micro climate enabling tropical and exotic plants to grow throughout the area. The gently sloping sandy and fine shingle beaches and coves provide excellent facilities for watersports and offer a range of stunning coastal paths to explore, while the harbour sells a broad range of fresh fish and locally-caught seafood. A good variety of shops, pubs, cafes and restaurants line the esplanade, whilst the Botanical Gardens are within easy reach and well worth a visit. With plenty to see and do around the island for all the family, including great walking and cycling opportunities, medieval castles, historic houses and a variety of gardens and waterfalls, as well as the unspoilt fishing bay, this great holiday destination has plenty to offer all year round, and it's easy to see why it's known as the prettiest place on the Isle of Wight.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute