- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Found in the peaceful rural hamlet of Yafford on the southern end of the Isle of Wight is this attractive, semi-detached 18th century stone barn conversion. Sympathetically converted, this Yafford cottage retains much original character, with stone walls, exposed beams, and wooden floors throughout. Quietly situated in the grounds of the owner's farmhouse only a mile from the sea at Atherfield, 2 miles from the picturesque village of Brighstone, this Yafford cottage is close to great walks, as well as the Round-the-Island cycle route. All the attractions of Blackgang Chine are a short drive from this Yafford cottage, and the superb beaches of Ventnor, Shanklin, Sandown and Compton are all easily accessible. This Yafford cottage makes a great base, any time of the year. Note: This Yafford cottage can be booked with Ref. 3812 to accommodate up to 8.
One eaves room with 5' double with additional single folding bed available on request. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin & WC. Open plan living area with kitchen with exposed stone walls, dining area & sitting area. Note: Stairs open directly into double room.
Electric heating system. Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, TV/DVD, selection of books/games. Electricity inc. in rent. Bed linen inc. in rent. Travel cot & highchair on request. Off road parking for one car. Small private, enclosed lawned garden with furniture. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Village shop & pub 1.5 miles. Note: As there is a large pond close to the cottage, dogs must be kept under control. Note: As the folding bed, travel cot and highchair are shared between both properties, these items are available on a first come, first served basis. Please check availability when first enquiring. Please bring your own bedding and linen for the folding bed and cot.
Note: As the folding bed, travel cot and highchair are shared between both properties, these items are available on a first come, first served basis. Please bring your own bedding and linen for the folding bed and cot.
- Last minute
- “Willow Cottage I.O.W”
- “This is a small well presented and well equipped cottage. Very comfortable bedroom excellent bathroom good kitchen and a pleasant out side space for a drink before supper or for al fresco dinning. The owners were very welcoming and helpful. Altogether to be strongly recommended.”
- “A welcome escape from the Olympic madness.”
- “Living so near the olympic stadium we'd planned for months to get away from the crowds, road closures and hype. This getaway was perfect. A lovely spot, very quiet and isolated, near the sea and clifftop walks. And some very good eating places nearby. A plain but comfortable cottage, perfect for 2 people or a small family. An extra is the little sunny garden at the back. The owner, who is on site, is friendly, welcoming and helpful but also very discreet. We would definitely go there again.”
- “Delightful,rural escape to peace & quiet”
- “Friendly owners with lovely labrador made us feel very welcome. Well-equipped cottage,clean & airey. Peaceful lacation, fab for walking our Westie. `White Horse` @ Whitwell good portions & prices. Tennyson Down an old favourite & Mottistone Manor & grdns a first. Would have been perfect if living room opened out onto garden”
- “This is the best cottage we have stayed at! It was spotless, very well equipped and the owners were very helpful.”
- “Very quiet and peaceful. We may look into moving here on retirement!”
- “Very isolated in a gorgeous location on the Island and perfect for couples.”
- “The owner made us feel very welcome. She had provided lots of information about local pubs etc. Which was particularly helpful in respect of our dog.”
- “The cottage was just what we wanted. Quite large enough for 2, comfortable, well appointed and everything worked, the heating system was very effective. The owners were very pleasant and at pains to ensure that we had all we needed. We would highly recommend this cottage.”
About the location
Niton 5 miles; Brighstone 2 miles; Shorwell 1 mile.
Situated at the southern end of the Isle of Wight, near Brighstone Bay, and 2 miles from the picturesque village of Brighstone, the hamlet of Yafford, well known for its 18th century watermill, can be found in an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, abounding in wildlife. Yafford is an ideal base for birdwatchers and walkers, while cyclists are well catered for, as Yafford is on the 'Round-The-Island’ Cycle Route. The beach at Atherfield is just a mile away, and within a short drive are the attractions at Blackgang Chine, and the lovely beaches of Ventnor, making this a great ‘year round’ holiday base.