- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Brighstone 1 mile.
This 300-year old detached barn conversion is situated in a quiet, rural hamlet next to the owner&
8217;s home, in a stunning location one mile from picturesque Brighstone on the Isle of Wight.
Lovingly appointed throughout and providing light, spacious and contemporary accommodation, this Brighstone cottage is perfect for couples, a family or friends looking to get away from it all.
Set entirely over the ground floor, this cottage near Brighstone features original beams, two spacious bedrooms and a large open plan living area with comfortable seating for you to sink into at the end of an eventful day.
Outside this Isle of Wight cottage you will find a quaint gravelled patio area with furniture and barbecue, and here you can plan your day as you admire the surrounding beautiful farmland and views of Brighstone Forest.
The charming village of Brighstone lies in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, with its coastline designated as a Site of Special Scientific Interest.
The village benefits from a bustling year-round community offering a pub, a Post Office and several shops, as well as a recreation ground providing football, cricket, a children&
8217;s play area and tennis courts.
Take a walk from the village up to The Longstone, two old and mysterious standing stones that look out towards the sea.
The landscape in this part of the Isle of Wight whispers bygone times as far back as the Bronze and Iron Ages, so why not take a picnic and have fun looking for clues in the nearby Neolithic sites?
A superb Brighstone cottage, to be enjoyed throughout the year.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- Electric central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, small washing machine (in bathroom), TV with Freeview, DVD, selection of books
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent, please bring own beach towels
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Gravelled patio area with furniture and BBQ
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops and pub 1 mile
- Beach 1.5 miles
- Note: There are 5 steps to the front door
- Note: TV reception can be intermittent due to the location of this property.
- Last minute
- “Sycamores Barn is on the outskirts of the lovely village of Brighstone. It's so quiet, you only hear the birds. Just half a mile from the beach down a footpath, it was the ideal base for our needs. The beds were comfortable, and the lounge was great. There are a couple of well stocked shops in the village, and good food at local pubs. We went to the local church on Sunday and found it very welcoming and friendly. We will go back!”
- “Very friendly welcome and plenty of information regarding many places to visit. A very central location on the island within walking distance of the beach. Very quiet and peaceful.”
- “We were made very welcome by the owner, it was in a lovely setting with a great view.”
About the location
Newport 7 miles; Yarmouth 8 miles; Cowes 12 miles.
A charming, picturesque village, Brighstone is situated in the South West of the Isle of Wight, and is well known for its terrace of chalk cottages with their neatly trimmed thatched roofs, and is well served by a local shop, Post Office, tea rooms and a pub. A visit to the local museum gives a fascinating insight into village heritage, where smuggling was once a flourishing occupation! The sea is less than a mile away, with beaches at Brighstone and Compton Bays, and the nearby coastal path provides visitors with access to the scenic cliff top gardens at Blackgang Chine, the sandy beaches at Ventnor and the world famous “Needles”.