- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
This lovely terraced cottage, with its feature flint walls, is situated in the thriving coastal town of Birchington, with the delights of Minnis Bay beach only a short walk away.
This Minnis Bay cottage is an ideal retreat for small families, groups of friends or couples seeking a comfortable and welcoming base for a holiday exploring this pretty part of the Kent coastline.
Flint Cottage is quaint and cosy with two attractive bedrooms furnished with a traditional, period cottage style, one with distant views stretching towards the sea, beyond the fields at the end of the lane.
The charming sitting room is just the place to put your feet up in front of the woodburner and watch a film or absorb yourself in an interesting read, whilst outside, the sheltered courtyard comes with a shady spot under the honeysuckle, so morning coffee on a hot summer's day can be leisurely enjoyed.
The town of Birchington is one of many busy seaside resorts thriving along this part of Kent’s coastline, providing a good selection of amenities within a short stroll of this Minnis Bay cottage.
Popular Ramsgate, Margate and Broadstairs are all within easy driving distance, or better still, pack a picnic, put on some comfortable shoes and set off on a ten-minute walk across fields to beachcomb your way along the bay.
Walkers and cyclists are spoilt for choice when staying in Birchington, with The Viking Coastal Trail offering 32 miles of coastline scenery to discover.
Historic houses, golf courses and quaint villages boasting quirky shops are also within easy reach of this pretty Kent cottage.
At the close of a busy day spent on the beach, return to this beautiful Minnis Bay cottage and settle beside the warmth of the woodburner.
Two double bedrooms (one with access from one side only). Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburner.
- Gas central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Free, unrestricted roadside parking 2 mins walk
- Lockable bike storage
- Enclosed courtyard with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 5 mins walk
- Beach 10 mins walk
- Note: There is a right of way through garden for emergency services
- Note: Due to steep, narrow cottage stairs, care should be taken and may not be suitable for those with limited mobility.
- “Delightfully cosy cottage”
- “We were very lucky to be able to get a last minute booking for this cottage considering it appears to be fully booked now up until September. It has been decorated with enormous style and thought and everything was of the highest quality. It was extremely comfortable and perfect for the two of us. There is a very sweet garden and we were lucky to be able to eat outside every day. Birchington and Minnis Bay are close by and parking there was very easy. Good shops and a super beach - very simple and unspoilt. There is also very easy access to the buses and station and we enjoyed exploring the coast from east to west. All highly recommended!”
- “Convenient, comfortable, clean, charming cottage”
- “Flint Cottage is in an excellent location to explore Kent. There is a railway station at Birchington, making it only 1 and a half hours from St Pancras International. There is a bus stop a few minutes walk from the Cottage. Short drive to the Turner Contemporary, Margate. Other seaside towns and Canterbury are easy to get to. Birchington itself has plenty of places to eat and drink ( including a microbrewery) and it is lovely to see so many independent shops. Dante Rossetti is buried in the local churchyard. Flint Cottage itself is charming with very good facilities and a lovely outside space. We stayed during a heatwave but the wood burning stove makes the Cottage an all year round venue. The welcome pack was much appreciated.”
- “We had a great holiday. Birchington town centre had good shops and was in walking distance from the property. The nearest beach, Minnis Bay, had a lovely family restaurant which served enjoyable food. The Cottage was cosy, pretty and felt like home.”
- “We had an exceptional time there. The cottage was very cosy, have recommended it to others. Would be very happy to come again.”
- “Flint Cottage is delightful, extremely clean and with a lovely outside space. Lots of storage space and the décor has a unique charm.”
- “It was a cosy well equipped cottage in a good area for walking and using public transport. A really pretty enclosed sunny garden with quality garden furniture.”
- “Really liked the proximity to the beach and think it would be a great place to stay in the Summer. The cottage was also really quaint and the décor was lovely. It was also close to the motorway and easy to get around.”
- “A truly delightful cottage and location which contributed to a very relaxing stay.”
About the location
Margate 3 miles; Ramsgate 7 miles; Broadstairs 7 miles; Canterbury 13 miles.
Minnis Bay is a long sandy bay with a Blue Flag beach backed by grassland and cliffs. It is a popular choice for families looking for a quiet, safe beach for children to enjoy, with a children's play area with a paddling pool. There are coastal cycleways and footpaths, and for the more athletic, there is a variety of watersports including sailing, windsurfing and sea canoeing to try. Minnis Bay is part of the town of Birchington, where you will find local shops, pubs, restaurants and a railway station. Beautiful Canterbury can be found only 13 miles away with its history, culture, cathedral, river trips and theatre. Minnis Bay has been a well-kept secret with its beautiful, sandy beach and its many amenities, but now it's your chance to explore this lovely part of the Kent coastline.