- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
This delightful, semi-detached cottage sits at the end of a quiet country lane in the charming rural hamlet of Marshside in the heart of the beautiful Kent countryside.
Built in 1776, this character cottage near Whitstable is the perfect place for families looking to enjoy time together.
Three attractive bedrooms make up the sleeping accommodation, and the layout of this Marshside cottage has not changed since its design in the 18th century.
The master bedroom still provides the only access to the other bedrooms, making it the perfect quirky, family cottage.
The welcoming sitting room at this Marshside cottage benefits from comfortable seating and a homely woodburning stove, whilst the kitchen, decorated in a typical country style, offers an ideal place to dine together with pretty views out to the garden.
Outside this cottage near Herne Bay is a large enclosed rear garden, a perfect place to dine alfresco as the sun goes down, or you can try your hand at catching one of the little fish that swim by in the fenced stream that flows idyllically at the end of the garden.
Surrounding your Marshside cottage is an abundance of footpaths and cycleways, with the Kent cycle path, The Viking Coastal Trail, adjoining the fields at the end of the lane, moments from your doorstep, and the Saxon Shore Way leading straight past the cottage.
After a day exploring Canterbury, Herne Bay, or Whitstable all within ten miles of your cottage near Whitstable, why not stop for a refreshing pint direct from the cask?
When you have finished exploring, return to the cosiness of this delightful Marshside cottage.
Over three floors. Three bedrooms: 1 x double with access to 1 x single and 1 x second floor double. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburning stove. Snug.
- Electric radiators with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Enclosed lawned garden with patio, BBQ and furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub 8 mins walk
- Note: The stairs are steep and winding
- Note: There is a fenced stream running at the bottom of the garden, dogs and children must be supervised
- Note: There is right of way across the rear pathway to the next property
- Note: Access to the second floor double bedroom and the first floor single bedroom is via the master bedroom.
- “Lovely cottage within easy reach of lots of attractions - particularly the local wildlife areas.”
- “The cottage was very old and quaint, the garden was lovely and the surrounding fields and streams perfect. We were near our favourite sea-side town, Whitstable, and near to many good sites of interest, gardens and houses, art galleries. The weather was great.”
- “A very good holiday in a perfect and functional house.”
- “The cottage was beautiful and surroundings lovely. A nice welcome was guaranteed by two bottles of beer and milk!”
- “The cottage was very quaint, comfortable and the furnishings were very sweet. The owners left very useful information about best beaches, pubs, walks and places of interest which we used as we were unfamiliar with the area. The garden was lovely, our grandchildren loved the size as well as the small stream at bottom of garden.”
- “The cottage was so quirky and beautiful with wooden beams and bare brick throughout. We enjoyed the peace, relaxing by the open fire and having beaches a short drive away. The dogs loved the garden and the wildlife that came to say hello. The bed was so comfortable, which always helps when you're trying to have a restful holiday.”
- “The cottage was absolutely lovely. Very welcoming, cosy and all amenities were very well provided. The surrounding area is equally as lovely and the whole experience was wonderfully relaxing and stress free - just what we were looking for!”
- “Lighting the log fire and sitting back, soaking up the cottage's historic character was ideal; very cosy and relaxing.”
About the location
Reculver 3 miles; Herne Bay 5 miles; Whitstable 8 miles; Canterbury 8 miles.
Marshside is a small hamlet located in the heart of the Kent countryside offering visitors the perfect place to relax in a tranquil and rural location. This part of Kent is an ideal place for those who enjoy outdoor pursuits. For those who like to fish, Marshside Fishery offers two lakes brimming with tench, chub and bream. Ramblers of all abilities can explore the Saxon Shore Way alongside riverbanks and through marshes, and the Kent Cycle Path, the Viking Coastal Trail, runs straight past the village. With the coast just a few miles away, you can spend a sunny day on the beach or visit nearby Whitstable where the fishermen land their catch daily, the perfect place for traditional fish and chips. Discover Canterbury, less than ten miles from Marshside, with its cathedral, theatres and shopping. If you don't want to travel, then make straight for the local country pub, which offers cask ales and traditional hearty fare using local produce. Marshside is one of Kent's well-kept secret locations.