- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
This beautifully-presented, semi-detached bungalow is located in the quiet village of Herne, just over a mile from the beach at Herne Bay.
Luxuriously appointed throughout to provide spacious, contemporary accommodation, this Herne cottage is ideal for friends and families who are looking to enjoy this part of the Kent coast.
With modern fittings in the well equipped kitchen and sumptuous seating in the sitting room, this Herne cottage gives visitors the chance to rest and relax before exploring the walks and beaches along the coast.
The dining room is located in the large conservatory and overlooks the well-maintained cottage garden where you can sit and plan the day ahead.
The intimate village of Herne offers visitors the chance to enjoy life in a quiet Kent village with a local shop, pub and church.
Strode Park hosts music events during the summer months where you can take a picnic and dine alfresco while the music plays.
Just over a mile away is Herne Bay with two miles of seafront where you can sample everything from candy floss to fish and chips.
If history and culture are what you are looking for, then Canterbury Cathedral is only 7 miles away whilst Whitstable, with its famous oysters, is just 3 miles along the shore.
This perfect Herne cottage is to be enjoyed at any time of the year.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 2 x double, 1 x single. Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Sitting room with electric fire. Conservatory with dining area.
- Gas central heating with electric fire in the sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 2 x TVs (1 with Sky, 1 with Freeview), DVD, selection of books
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Enclosed lawned garden to rear with patio and furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 10 mins walk
- Beach 1.5 miles.
- “This was a home from home there was every thing that you could want ,the beds were the most comfortable beds we have ever slept in ,I really recommend this bungalow.”
- “Brilliant Place”
- “Last year we rated this property a 9 out of ten, mainly because of a problem with the tele and the driveway, this year both problems had been sorted out so now we are very please to give it a 10 out of 10, brilliant property and hope to stay again this Christmas”
- “Great location and very convenient for the bus stop if getting around by public transport.”
- “It was so relaxing in the bungalow, like coming home. It was also very convenient for Herne Bay, Whitstable and Canterbury.”
- “The bungalow this year was even better than last year! (I didn't think it possible) Lots of upgraded furnishings, new TV and a new block paving drive.”
- “Very comfortable and relaxing property ideally placed for getting to all the Kent coastline and Canterbury. Herne village almost a rural idyll and the bungalow was immaculate and cleaned to a high standard. We were short of nothing except more time to stay here! Thoroughly recommendable.”
- “Central to where we wanted to visit. The weather was perfect. The neighbours were very friendly.”
- “The bungalow was extremely well equipped and of a high standard of cleanliness and decoration. The privacy of the garden was lovely and the conservatory was a delightful place to enjoy our breakfast whilst watching the wildlife. I would not hesitate to return and also to recommend to others.”
- “We were very happy with the house, there was everything that we needed, and it was furnished to a very high standard, very clean and comfortable. It was near to all the local towns and Canterbury. It was a real home from home.”
- “The bungalow was an absolutely delightful place to stay. It was so quiet and peaceful you couldn't hear the major roads less then half a mile away which gave quick and easy access to this beautiful part of Kent. With quality furnishings and appliances the accommodation is finished to a very high standard. A real home from home.”
- “Fantastic accommodation, very well equipped and comfortable. Would have no hesitation to recommend.”
- “Great little house in the perfect location for us, very well equipped and clean house and comfortable furnishings. Useful notes on how things work!”
- “Bungalow in excellent condition as were the furnishing and fittings. Would definitely stay here again.”
About the location
Whitstable 6 miles; Margate 12 miles; Canterbury 6 miles.
Herne is a small village within walking distance of the traditional Kent coastal resort of Herne Bay, which offers 2 miles of splendid seafront frequented by water sports enthusiast including rowers, yachtsmen and jet ski riders, and by those who simply enjoy walking along the beach with its colourful beach huts. Throughout the year the town enjoys summer concerts, continental markets, carnivals, car shows and the Herne Bay Festival. Whitstable is 6 miles away, famous for its Oyster fishing boats, local harbour, fish market, maritime history and wide choice of excellent cafes, restaurants and independent shopping. Margate, 12 miles away, is a vibrant and traditional seaside town with attractions including donkey rides and an attractive harbour. The cosmopolitan city of Canterbury is 6 miles away, with oldest cathedral in England and a wealth of historic buildings which can be enjoyed whilst walking one of its many walking trails and a shopping centre with unusual shops and good eateries.