- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
Set in the Kent hamlet of Lenham Heath, this superbly-restored, detached period farmhouse was originally built around 1732 and offers a wealth of period features such as exposed beams throughout, oak floors, a farmhouse kitchen and cosy inglenook fireplace, all set under a traditional Kent peg roof. This Lenham Heath farmhouse is situated amid stunning gardens and farmland with lovely views over fields and trees towards the North Downs. Equipped and furnished to a high standard, this Lenham Heath farmhouse has four beautiful bedrooms offering flexible family accommodation in the Garden of England. The living accommodation at this Lenham Heath farmhouse consists of a well-equipped kitchen, a separate dining room and a comfortable beamed sitting room with a fabulous woodburning stove. There is a private garden with furniture, and large grounds to the rear of this Lenham Heath farmhouse which lead down to a small private pond with its own island in the centre, and on to several paddocks where, depending on the time of year, you will find hand-reared sheep and lambs eagerly awaiting some human company. Country walks across the fields take you into the villages of either Lenham or Charing where you will find a large selection of local shops, restaurants and pubs. This lovely Lenham Heath farmhouse offers guests the chance to experience living in a period property enjoying wildlife and walks whilst not compromising on the benefits and comfort of modern day living. Note: This cottage can be booked with Ref. 7731 to accommodate 11.
Four bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x double, 1 x twin, 1 x ground floor single with en-suite wet-room with shower, basin and WC. Bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Kitchen with breakfast area (seats 4). Utility. Dining room (seats 6). Sitting room with woodburning stove.
- Gas central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric range oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Double garage with bike storage
- Orchard to the front with free apples depending on season
- Wild flower front garden with shared side access to Shepherd Farmhouse and Shepherd Cottage
- Private rear garden with lawn and furniture, with extended area to shared farmhouse grounds and garden down to unfenced pond
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 1.5 miles
- Note: There are small, partially-fenced ponds and streams in the grounds; children to be supervised at all times
- Note: There is a railway line at the end of the extended gardens and beyond the ponds, some train noise may be audible at times due to wind direction
- Note: Check-in 4pm.
About the location
Ashford 10 miles; Maidstone 11 miles; Canterbury 15 miles
Lenham Heath is a hamlet with a local pub, set in the heart of Kent in very close proximity to the historic villages of Lenham and Charing. Both villages offer a wide range of amenities with several quaint restaurants, pubs and tea rooms serving a good selection of continental and English cuisine, plus you will find an array of local shops selling everything from crafts and antiques to fresh local produce. Lenham Heath is situated at the foot of the North Downs, which is deemed An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The Stour Valley Walk passed through Lenham Heath and the North Downs Way passes just over a mile away, so you can follow in the steps of pilgrims along well-signed paths, enjoying beautiful countryside and views on your way to local villages. This location provides excellent transport links via the A20/M20 road motorway network. Lenham and Charing are also well served by mainline rail services to London and the coast, and benefits from high-speed rail services at Ashford, which is ideal for those wishing to access central London in under 35 minutes or international services from, and to, Paris, Brussels, Lille and beyond. Within a short drive are the popular attractions of Leeds Castle, Tenterden Town and steam railway, Pluckley ghost walk, the Hop Farm and the Designer Outlet Village, where you can stock up on discounted designer brands. The larger towns of Maidstone, Canterbury and Rochester offer historic days out. Set in the heart of Kent, Lenham Heath is an ideal base.