- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
This Grade II listed terraced cottage, dated 1605, has been converted from a shop in the historic seaside town of Margate in Kent. With many of the original features remaining, this Margate cottage is perfect for a family holiday as it is just a few yards from the beautiful sandy beach. Set over three floors, this Margate cottage is decorated in colours reflecting each room's character, from the warm tones of the sitting room with its woodburning stove to the stronger colours of the dining room with its high ceiling, handmade shelves and cupboards including a pew. The two upper floors at this Margate cottage have three bedrooms and a bathroom which is decorated in seaside colours. The well-equipped fitted kitchen at this Margate cottage has been beautifully designed and leads to a sheltered courtyard garden with outdoor seating making it the perfect place to enjoy a glass of something chilled as you watch the sun go down. This Margate cottage is situated on a small, busy street in Margate Old Town and enjoys the benefits of being in the heart of a thriving coastal town with restaurants, bars and shops within a few minutes' walk. Spend long days on the beach or discover the many delights of the south coast, all easily accessible from this Margate cottage.
Over three floors. Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x 2nd floor twin, 1 x 2nd floor single. Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Kitchen. Dining room. Sitting room with woodburning stove.
- Gas central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with Freeview, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Additional wood available at cost
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Roadside parking available on the roads surrounding Trinity Square, a few minute's walk from the property
- Enclosed courtyard garden with furniture and BBQ
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops, pubs and beach 2 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “'Modern' Grade 2 Listed Cottage”
- “This Grade 2 listed cottage dated 1605 is absolutely brilliant! Many of its original features remain but it has a well equipped modern kitchen, with has central heating and a wood burning stove, with starter pack included in the rent TV with Freeview. Beautifully decorated with warm seaside colours in the very spacious and modern bathroom. The cottage is a few yards from the sandy beach and within easy reach of the shopping centre and the very many pubs and restaurants. Bed linen and towels were included in the rent. We had a perfect holiday and are going to book the SAME accommodation again THIS year! It honestly IS that good!”
- “very comfortable and convenient accommodation”
- “House was very well equipped and comfortable. Good location to explore the "Old Town" and for the beaches, walks and Turner Gallery. We especially enjoyed the courtyard garden as the weather was so good. Would be happy to stay here again - loved it”
- “Idealic weekend in Margate”
- “19 King Street was everything we hoped it'd be. A perfect location in Margate for a family weekend. The house was well presented in an interesting way, spacious and comfortable.”
- “really lovely place to stay”
- “I loved the way it was set up to look like olden time very interesting and a nice place to stay it was also fantastic I could take my dog he love staying there to”
- “Comfortable well equipped house in a great position.”
- “Very comfortable house in an excellent position near shops, restaurants and the seafront with its lovely beach. The courtyard with garden furniture is useful. We found some very good cafes and the excellent Indian restaurant. We will stay at No. 19 again.”
- “Great quirky fun decor! Fantastic to be in the heart of the old town, no need for a car all weekend. Would recommend heartily!”
- “Cottage was great; homely, warm and had everything you need. Would recommend.”
- “Liked the location and we had everything we needed.”
- “It is a wonderful Grade 2 listed building in keeping with the Old Town of Margate. It is a wonderful location to either explore, enjoy the resort and beaches or simply relax. Thoroughly recommended.”
- “We truly enjoyed our stay! The house is beautiful, everything was perfect.”
- “This was a very lovely cottage in the heart of Margate. Margate is a great seaside town and the people are very friendly. This house is perfectly positioned to explore and be at the heart of things. Perfect for a family. Everything you need is at the house and it is very comfortable. Highly recommended.”
- “For a small cottage the bedrooms and bathroom very generous. Felt like a family home and made extra welcome with a decorated Christmas tree. A great place!”
- “Location of the cottage is close to all of the amenities we like; old town, vintage shops, restaurants and cafes, theatre royal etc.”
About the location
Broadstairs 4 miles; Ramsgate 4 miles; Canterbury 15 miles; Whitstable 15 miles.
Margate, a seaside holiday resort set on the east coast of Kent, has undergone much renovation, and boasts the new Turner Contemporary gallery. This historic seaside town, with its Theatre Royal dating back to 1787, offers entertainment for everyone, from fishing and golf to beaches and amusements. The Winter Gardens offers a wide variety of events including shows, concerts and musicals with top performers throughout the year. You can wander along the Margate Harbour Arm and Old Town to browse artists' studios, relax in one of the many bars or restaurants or hire a bike. For the more adventurous there is a Turner and Dickens walk taking you to Broadstairs four miles away. The Shell Grotto, with its 2000 square feet of winding underground passages, delights visitors while the Hornby Visitor Centre brings back the nostalgia of Britain's best loved toys. Dreamland is also worth exploring with any little ones or those in search of old fashioned fun, with its traditional seaside attractions and vintage fairground. Margate is a lovely coastal town retaining its history but offering up-to-date entertainment for all ages with a variety of interests.