- Off road parking
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A truly wonderful, one-bedroom first floor apartment in Rye, next to the River Brede with tidal river views from the Juliet balcony.
This Rye self-catering apartment offers guests superb accommodation in one of the most popular historic towns on the south coast.
From the moment you step into this fabulous Rye apartment you will feel relaxed and pampered, with an attractive double bedroom inviting you to rest and unwind before stepping up into the light and airy open plan living area with the ever-changing views of the tidal river and boats beneath your window.
The well-equipped, fitted kitchen has all you need to prepare meals from a light snack to a special dinner for two, and this apartment in Rye even boasts its own boat room!
From this Rye apartment you can enjoy cycle rides, long country and riverside walks, or a day at the beach at Camber Sands.
The medieval town of Rye, one of the Cinque Ports, has something for everyone.
The town offers museums, a weekly market, quaint tea rooms, cobbled streets, art galleries and historic houses, plus it also hosts events and exhibitions throughout the year, from festivals to seafood weeks; all this and more can be found nearby, with the high street just a five-minute walk from this fabulous Sussex apartment.
River View is perfect for a romantic getaway, or an excellent base for outdoor pursuit enthusiasts.
All first floor. One king-size double bedroom (zip/link, can be twin on request). Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with sofa bed, electric fire and Juliet balcony. Separate lower ground floor storage/boat room.
- Electric central heating with electric fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine in boat room, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, iPod dock, selection of books, games, CDs and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Allocated off road parking for 1 car, plus additional parking in visitor area
- Kayaks (dependent on size)/cycles/oars storage
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop, pub and railway station 5 mins walk
- Note: Four steps up from hall into living area
- Note: The storage/boat room is under the apartment and is accessed via external stairs, items are left at guests' own risk
- Note: Due to location storage/boat room may seep water at times
- Note: Children over 10 years only
- Note: Max
- 2 people
- Note: Property next to the River Brede
- Note: There are external steps, at the rear and on either side of the building that lead to the entrance of each apartment on the first floor
- Note: WiFi available from BT Openzone hotspot (available to BT customers only).
Note: Up until 9th January 2016, this property has a Friday changeover day. From 9th January 2016, the property will have a Saturday changeover day.
- Last minute
About the location
Camber 5 miles; Hastings 12 miles; Battle 16 miles.
Rye is a 13th century cinque port in East Sussex, host to the River Rother, Romney Marshes and a history dating back before the Norman Conquest. A cobbled town offering an excellent array of unusual shops, antique emporiums, galleries selling local artist paintings and pottery, Rye also has a delightful range of tea rooms, restaurants, pubs and historic inns. There is also a weekly general market on Thursdays, as well as a farmers’ market every Wednesday morning. The town played host to BBC film crews for nine weeks in the summer of 2014, while filming of the TV series Mapp and Lucia took place, which has now been made into a DVD. All coastal scenes were filmed in nearby Camber Sands and bits of filming also took place in Hastings and the Tenterden Town railway station. Walkers and birdwatchers can enjoy a footpath leading across the marshes to Camber Castle built by Henry VIII. Local attractions include miniature or full-size steam train rides, local vineyards, stately homes, castles, gardens and beaches, including the beautiful nearby Camber Sands. Artists and photographers will especially enjoy the scenery; big skies, winding roads, and picturesque villages with ancient inns and tea shops. A truly relaxing and wonderful holiday destination.