- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A traditional terraced brick cottage situated in the vibrant town of Whitstable, 5 miles from Herne Bay.
The whole property is decorated and furnished in a fresh modern style, and the open plan living area and painted floorboards give it a wonderful beach hut feel.
Well equipped and comfortable, the property is ideal for couples and families, with the seafront 2 minutes away, excellent coastal walks from the doorstep, and a variety of coffee shops, eateries and bars in the surrounding area.
Within easy reach of towns such as Canterbury and the countryside of the North Downs, this is a great spot for experiencing the fashionable coastal lifestyle.
Three bedrooms: 2 x double, 1 x single with additional roll-out mattress (single bedroom is accessed via one of the double bedrooms). Bathroom with bath with shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with modern fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area. Note: There is an open staircase with single handrail leading to first floor.
- Gas central heating
- Gas oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD player, radio/CD player, selection of books, games and DVDs
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Loading/unloading outside property, then roadside parking approx
- 20 yards away, with additional parking available on the sea front at £3.50 per 24 hours
- Small courtyard sitting area to the front, patio with furniture to the rear
- One well-behaved dog welcome at £10 per week
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop, pub and seafront two minutes’ walk
- Note: The property is accessed via steep concrete steps leading to the front courtyard
About the location
Herne Bay 5 miles; Canterbury 7 miles.
The lively town of Whitstable, which is known as the “Pearl of Kent”, dates back to before the Domesday Book. Its seaside location makes it ideal for watersports all year round, and its fishing heritage is reflected by the Oyster Festival, which takes place every July. The buzzing local museum/art gallery introduces around six new exhibitions each year, and has a fabulous coffee shop. Whitstable Castle dates back to the 1790’s, and hosts events all year round including a big May Day celebration with contributions from local musicians and artists. The town is home to a small, independent brewery, and any need for retail therapy will easily be satisfied by the range of both national stores and charming small, independent shops. Whitstable is also home to The Pearsons Arm, a gastropub owner by celebrity chef Richard Phillips and nearby in Seasalter is the Michelin star-awarded gastropub, The Sportsman which is also well worth a visit. The city of Canterbury, with its fine 6th century cathedral is just 7 miles away; also nearby is Herne Bay, from where on a clear day you can see as far as Southend and the Isle of Sheppey.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute