- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Ruthwell 2.8 miles.
A charming semi-detached cottage set on the owners' working livestock farm, near the village of Ruthwell, in the open Dumfriesshire countryside.
Well appointed throughout to provide comfortable accommodation, this Ruthwell cottage is a former milking parlour and is the perfect place for families or couples wishing to enjoy time together in a rural setting.
All ground floor, your Ruthwell cottage has two bedrooms; a double and a twin, as well as a bathroom.
The spacious open plan living area at this Dumfries holiday home has a well-equipped, fitted kitchen, a dining area and a delightful sitting area, which is centred around a cosy woodburning stove.
Just a short distance from this Ruthwell cottage is the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust Centre at Caerlaverock, plus the famous Caerlaverock Castle is a spectacular sight, as is Comlongon Castle, which is also a popular wedding venue.
There are many forests in the area, which offer great walking and cycling, and the towns of Annan and Dumfries are within driving distance.
This lovely Ruthwell cottage is the ideal place to stay for discovering all that Dumfries has to offer.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove in sitting area
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Oil, electricity and starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Shared lawned garden to front with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 4 miles, pub 3 miles.
- Last minute
- “Nice spacious cottage for a short break.”
- “This is a well looked after cottage in a quiet location. I'd recommend it for a short break!”
- “Dabbins Cottage was a very clean and spacious property with beautiful surroundings and a friendly owner.”
- “The cottage was set on a working farm, we had a lovely stay.”
- “Clean, high standard of accommodation and the owner was very friendly. We were made to feel very welcome.”
- “Liked the rural location of the cottage yet with great access to Dumfries and mountain biking routes. The relaxed and friendly nature of the owners, and being able to come and go as we pleased. Wasn't a long enough holiday!”
About the location
Annan 7 miles; Dumfries 10 miles.
The small village of Ruthwell is located between the towns of Annan and Dumfries on the Solway Firth in Dumfries and Galloway. The village was home to Dr. Henry Duncan who founded the world’s first commercial savings bank and the village is now home to the Savings Bank Museum. Just 7 miles away is the historic Royal Burgh of Annan which lies at the start of the Solway Coast Trail - a drive which takes you on quiet roads to a wealth of castles and abbeys of incredible beauty and interest. Once an important trading port, the town is made up of many traditional red stone buildings and boasts a rich history of ship building and fishing. Ten miles away from Ruthwell is Dumfries which is known as 'Queen of the South'. Founded as a Royal Burgh in 1186, the surrounding area contains many castles, abbeys and even a Tibetan Buddhist Centre. Many forests abound with excellent walking and cycling. Dumfries is also a good centre for touring the rest of the area - the spectacular triangular Caerlaverock Castle and its nature reserve; New Abbey and the Solway Coast - and a starting point for travelling west into the Stewartry of Kirkcudbright and the rest of Galloway.