- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
Maryport 1.6 miles. This immaculately-presented, Grade II listed luxury barn conversion is situated in the small rural hamlet of Birkby, close to the town of Maryport, on the west coast of Cumbria. Superbly appointed throughout to provide spacious, contemporary accommodation, this Maryport cottage is ideal for families and friends who wish to enjoy time together and explore this interesting area. This Cumbria cottage has four spacious bedrooms, with the master king-size double bedroom featuring a vaulted ceiling with exposed beams, together with a wonderful en-suite shower room with power shower and body jets. The well-equipped kitchen at this cottage near Maryport has a central island, range cooker and designer appliances, while the cosy sitting room has comfy sofas to sink into at the end of the day, and a warming woodburning stove set in an attractive inglenook fireplace. Outside this Cumbria cottage are secluded walled grounds with attractive lawns, borders and a large sun terrace, from where you're able to enjoy alfresco dining on a sunny day, whilst younger members of the party play in the games room, which is equipped with a pool table and dart board. The town of Maryport boasts Georgian houses, an aquarium, museums, a marina and a number of shops and pubs, whilst just a short drive away from your Cumbria cottage is the town of Whitehaven, which has a harbour area and maritime museum. The Lake District is only a short drive away, where you'll find the bustling vibrant town of Keswick sitting on the shores of Derwent Water, surrounded by dramatic fells and mountains. Whinlatter forest park is also nearby where there are a number of walking routes and mountain bike trials for all abilities, together with a Go Ape tree-top adventure course. This Cumbria cottage is an excellent base, at any time of the year.
Four bedrooms: 1 x ground floor twin (zip/link, can be super king-size double on request), 1 x king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin (zip/link, can be super king-size double on request), 1 x double. Bathroom with roll-top bath, separate shower, twin basins and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburning stove. External games room.
Oil underfloor heating with woodburning stove in sitting room. Electric range cooker with electric oven and hobs, separate induction hobs, steam combi-oven, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, PlayStation 3 with wide selection of games. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Fuel for stove available to purchase locally. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair on request. Off road parking for 4 cars. Lockable bike storage. Private front garden with terrace, furniture and BBQ. Pool table and dart board in external building. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop in Maryport 1.6 miles, pub 1 mile. Note: Check-in 4pm. Note: The driveway to the property is quite narrow and not suitable for large, wide vehicles, like motor homes.
- Last minute
- “Excellent cottage and location”
- “We spent a week at Bramble cottage to celebrate a 60th birthday away with the family. The cottage was extremely well equipped, with an amazing kitchen/dining arrangement with all built in equipment that you would ever need. It has four large bedrooms with the master bedroom ensuite.......great shower with the massage jets......great for soothing those aches after a fun packed day with the grand children. There is also a very convenient downstairs toilet...the upstairs toilet also has a shower and a fantastic deep roll top bath. The whole place is an excellent barn conversion.....great having a gated entrance which gives a very safe 'enclosure' in the garden area. The garage doubles as a useful games room with darts and a pool table ......great for those family competitions! The owners couldn't have been more helpful with anything you asked. In one........totally recommended for great accommodation and the location is also a great pivot point to visit many surrounding places of interest or for getting to those family activity places.”
- “Beautiful luxurious cottage... could not have asked for more!”
- “The cottage was amazing, accommodating a large party (7 adults and 2 children). Luxurious throughout, very well equipped kitchen and we could not have asked for more. Large driveway and garden; also BBQ provided which was very gratefully utilised. The detached games room was loads of fun. Remote location so perfect for getting away to relax for a few days but still close enough to lovely little towns and the lakes for outings. The service provided by Jo and Gareth was most excellent! We were unfortunate enough to break down en route so arrived at the cottage at 11pm (three hours late!)but both Jo and Gareth were extremely kind and went out of their way to accommodate us. Also I had seen mention of free-range eggs and a home-made cake being left as a welcome gift. It was true and the cake was to die for. As we could not get our car fixed during our stay (May Day bank holiday) we were effectively stranded so they even allowed us to check out a little bit later, which made the world of difference.”
- “Home from Home but So Much Better!”
- “The publicity photos did not do justice to this lovely barn conversion. The space and light were a delight and the tastfully furnished rooms made returning from outings in this lovely part of the world almost as enjoyable as being on excursions. Owners friendly and helpful, leaving eggs, bicuits and the wherewithall for welcoming hot drinks. Avoid nearby Maryport, (hardly worth the effort of visiting), but Cockermouth very pleasant.”
- “Perfect group getaway”
- “We booked this cottage back in October for a New Year get away with some friends. The pictures on the website looked very nice and we were not disappointed at all. The cottage was slightly difficult to find at first but on arrival we met with the owners and they were very welcoming. They even provided us with a welcome pack of fresh farm eggs, a bottle of champagne for New Years Eve and a delicious homemade sticky toffee pudding. The cottage was beautifully decorated, comfortable and very well equipped. It had a gorgeous modern kitchen with everything you could ever need. We had the option of having the AGA on which was amazing, none of us had used one before this trip but it was fantastic and now we all want one. The lounge was equipped with a large comfortable corner sofa and two other leather sofas, perfect for chilling and watching films. Along with TV and DVD player there was a PS3 with various games to keep all the men entertained for hours. There was a log burning fire, we were provided a bag of wood and then if we required more this was available in the garage. The garage also homed a pool table and dart board. The cottage had four large bedrooms with double/king size beds with one of the rooms having an en-suite bathroom along with a lovely communal bathroom with bath, shower and twin sink. The owners could not be more helpful, they said if we had any issues to contact them directly, even for the smallest things they went out of their way to help us. Although the cottage isn’t close to many pubs, we made the walk down to Maryport which took about 35 minutes where there were a few pubs and restaurants to choose from. The nearest shops were also in Maryport, including the Co-op. So you would need to have a car ideally if you were to get around Maryport and the surrounding areas. We also visited Cockermouth by taxi which cost around £30 each way for an 8 seater mini bus. We felt this was a little pricey but I think it was worth it as we had a good day out sampling all the local pubs! We would definitely recommend this cottage for any groups looking for a break away together! We had a brilliant stay – thank you!!”
- “It was a spacious cottage which was well equipped and the general location was good. The enclosed garden was excellent for the grand children as it was a safe area to play.”
- “Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and Bramble cottage provided everything we needed in spades. The kitchen in particular is great.”
- “Location of the property was a very convenient base for touring the Lake District. Plenty of space in the property and good facilities. Games room with pool table provided great entertainment.”
About the location
Cockermouth 7 miles; Keswick 20 miles.
Maryport entered the history books nearly 2000 years ago when the Romans arrived, and has continued to flourish to this day. The town boasts a fine deep water harbour and modern marina, a bustling shopping centre, weekly market, links golf course, beautiful Georgian houses, award-winning Lake District Coast Aquarium, Maritime Museum and the Senhouse Roman Museum. This is a superb area for walking, with the Cumbria Coastal Walk running right along the coastline, and excellent birdwatching opportunities are also available. Within a short drive are the many attractions and glorious landscape of the Lake District, while the Solway Firth is just a stone’s throw. The dramatic coastal route south to Ravenglass and beyond is one of the more scenic and peaceful journeys in the UK, while to the north, Carlisle, Northumbria and the borders of Scotland are just a short drive. The nearby market town of Cockermouth is famous as the birthplace of both William Wordsworth and Fletcher Christian (of Mutiny on the Bounty fame) with Wordsworth's Georgian family home now a popular visitor attraction owned by the National Trust. An historic area, with beautiful scenery and superb walking in the northern lakes around Bassenthwaite Lake, Ennerdale Water, Crummock Water, Buttermere, Loweswater and Derwent Water.