- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Broadband / WiFi
A charming, spacious, terraced Lake District cottage on the edge of Penruddock, a pretty village four miles from beautiful Ullswater.
This traditional little Penruddock cottage provides good-quality accommodation, with a cosy sitting room with woodburning stove, a spacious kitchen diner, attractive bedroom and bathroom.
An ideal romantic retreat, this Penruddock cottage offers wonderful views of the Northern Fells including Mell Fell, Blencathra and Carrock.
The lovely cottage garden is just made for relaxing, or why not head out onto the many footpaths throughout the area or visit the nearby 18th century Herdwick Inn with its selection of real ales and renowned restaurant?
Penrith is 6 miles away and Keswick just 11 miles, both with many amenities.
A lovely Penruddock cottage, in a village which is ideally-placed for exploring the Lakes and surrounding areas.
Fell walking, pony trekking, cycling on the famous coast to coast highway and golf at the nearby Keswick Golf Club are all on offer nearby.
Enjoy country living at its finest in this beautiful Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
One family bedroom with 1 x double and 1 x single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburning stove.
- Electric heating with woodburning stove in sitting room
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, books/games/DVDs
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Fuel for woodburning stove provided on honesty box basis
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot available
- Off road parking for one car
- Open garden with patio and garden furniture
- One well-behaved pet welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops and pubs 1 mile.
- Last minute
- “a real must for the lakes”
- “this cottage renews your faith in letting properties, superb location for the lakes, peaceful and the views are special, the cottage it's self is warm and cosy, very well equipped kitchen very spacious leading out to the garden, which has an out look onto the fields. stairs leading up to a huge bathroom and a great size bedroom with one double and one single bed, lovely and clean, just 3 miles away you will find penrith and a great village pub.Go to a place called Dodds Wood the Osprey watch and with a bit of patience you will fin Red Squirrels”
- “Home from home”
- “Lovely home from home cottage, just perfect for peace and quiet with stunning views. Really well equipped, everything thought of, couldnt fault anything.”
- “One of the best cottages we have stayed in. Absolutely everything you need.”
- “Laid back quiet break from everyday rush.”
- “The cottage itself is very well appointed and quiet. The main bed was extremely comfortable and we got a real good night's sleep each night. There was an amazing variety of birds in the back garden,as a keen photographer of wildlife I took a great many pictures. The nearby Pub did excellent meals as we didn't want to do too much cooking,although the kitchen was well equipped. The bathroom was enormous!! It is within easy reach of all the main centres as long as you have transport. The directions to it were faultless and contact with the owner was first class.”
- “Little gem”
- “Had 4 nights at this lovely cottage, very well equipped, fabulous big bathroom and bedroom. Lovely views from front and back of cottage.”
- “Peaceful and picturesque.”
- “We stayed here for a week over Easter. The cottage is down a quiet lane with great views. The only down side to the cottage is no washing machine and the fire was difficult to keep going. My husband had a similar fire himself and was used to lighting them but it needs a coke base. It was very cold with snow on the ground and we needed the fire at night. Would recommend this place for a quiet break, plenty of walks available without having to drive anywhere. The Herdwick Inn was good for meals but very quiet at night later on.”
- “Pretty cottage with stunning views”
- “Lovely cottage, very clean & tidy. Excellent well equiped kitchen, comfy lounge with stove (a must!). Spacious bedroom with lovely view of hills beyond and very big bathroom! Excellent location, very peaceful and relaxing, a total recharge. Liked everything but feel a washing machine would be a bonus!”
- “Lovely quiet location with fabulous views over Mell Fell, which was one of the Hills we walked up. We also liked the provision of a slow cooker which we used, bought some stunning diced steak from Thompson butcher in Keswick, some veg, cooked all day. Great meal after a walk on the Hills above Ullswater. We also fed the birds on the garden feeder with food bought nearby at the end of the road. This cottage will be on our list of one's to return to.”
- “The cottage was as described; snug and comfortable, equipped to a very high and thoughtful standard, but homely too. The views front and back were good. The situation, in the village of Penruddock, is really good - quiet yet near to open countryside and places to visit - even in dreary November!”
- “The Cottage was in a lovely secluded spot and the view was fantastic.”
- “The Cottage was well appointed, comfortable and welcoming all of which helped to make it a very good holiday.”
- “We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Mell Fell Cottage and would not hesitate to return to, or recommend it.”
- “A beautiful welcoming cottage, well equipped and in a super location.”
- “The location was perfect for us as we were able to walk out of the door to the fells and it was quick to visit friends in Alston.”
- “A nice quiet getaway retreat with easy access to the Lakes.”
- “The weather and scenery in the Lakes is second to none.”
- “The cottage was like a little home-from-home, very cosy and warm to come back to after a day out. The weather was good for us and the location was good for travel around the area, with plenty of places to visit.”
- “It restored my faith in holiday lettings. The house is a little gem - very well maintained, warm and cosy, well equipped and with beautiful scenery. Very sad to come back home.”
- “A wonderfully comfortable cottage with everything you could wish for. Well located for walking and exploring further afield.”
About the location
Keswick 11 miles; Penrith 6 miles.
The charming old village of Penruddock sits in a secluded position in the northern Lake District between Keswick and Penrith, and just four miles from Ullswater. The village is spread out amongst beautiful rolling countryside and wonderful scenery and is made up of a number of farm dwellings, traditional Lakeland homes and two churches. Penruddock originated in Celtic times, with the name derived from Pen, a Celtic name for 'hill' and 'rhuddawc' meaning red in Welsh to reflect the reddish brown colour of the soil found in the area. Nearby, the popular town of Keswick is the holiday centre of the north of the Lake District and has plenty to offer, boasting numerous shops and restaurants to suit all tastes, as well as offering miniature golf, some good parks, the Theatre by the Lake, a charming cinema and the beautiful lake. Penruddock provides easy access to the spectacular surrounding Cumbrian countryside which can be explored by both car and on foot, and with the southern Lakes, Eden Valley, Solway Coast and Hadrian's Wall all within easy motoring distance this great location has plenty to see and do for all the family.