- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
This charming semi-detached cottage is situated in splendid surroundings, on the edge of the village of Thornthwaite, four miles from the town of Keswick in the beautiful Lake District National Park.
A former stable, this small cottage boasts magnificent mountain views across to Skiddaw and the Helvellyn range, and is only a short walk from Bassenthwaite Lake.
Well maintained, it has an open plan living area consisting of a kitchen, dining area and sitting area with a glazed door that opens onto an attractive patio, which is the perfect place to admire the views and wildlife, whilst enjoying a relaxing drink.
A delightful pine staircase leads to a gallery bedroom with a pitched ceiling and pine beams, and completing the accommodation is a ground floor shower room.
The vibrant market town of Keswick is just a ten minute drive away and has many specialist shops and restaurants, along with the Theatre by the Lake, which has a wide and varied programme of events.
Close by is Whinlatter forest with its osprey observation unit, and there are many walks, bike trails and watersports available in the area.
This cosy cottage is an ideal base for romantic getaways.
Note: This property is located next to Ref.
914594, together they sleep 6.
One double bedroom. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
Gas central heating. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, TV with Freeview and DVD in bedroom, radio. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Off road parking for 1 car. Lockable bike storage. Front and side patio with furniture. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 2 miles. Lake Bassenthwaite 10 mins walk. Note: This property has a low ceiling in part of the bedroom. Note: This property does not accept infants or children under 5 years.
Note: This property does not accept infants or children under 5 years.
- Last minute
- “wrens nest”
- “what an idyllic life some people have, and you can have a slice of it to if you book wrens nest. tranquillity, peace, location to die for and a base from which to see the most beautiful part of England, The Lakes. the property is spot on for all this and a perfect retreat to rest and take in the sights and sounds of this wonderful place. with everything you need for a perfect short break or longer holiday. spot on for two people. all the amenities are here at wrens nest and the owner knowledgeable and friendly but not overbearing. take this opportunity to discover this delightful property and give yourself a well earned break in the perfect location now.”
- “We saw (on line), we came, we were captivated!”
- “It was our first time self-catering in the Lake District, having stayed in a guest house at the other end of Bassenthwaite Lake for over twenty visits. Wren's Nest was the first place that came up on line and it fitted our needs in every way.Superb setting and views. Cosy,convenient, clean, comfortable.We were satisfied in every way.”
- “Wren's nest”
- “We were made very welcome by the owners. Wren's nest may be small but fine for two. It's in a great position for walks, cycle rides and trips around the area.”
- “A beautiful little cottage in a surprisingly quiet location. A very quiet haven to wake up in and return to at night which was in sharp contrast to the bustle of the popular sights of the Lake District. The owners have provided everything you could want.”
- “We appreciate the location, the views from Wren's Nest, the ease of access to the A66, north and south and its proximity to Keswick. This was our third visit and, hopefully, we shall return next year.”
- “The cottage was cosily beautiful and the owner was friendly, welcoming and informative. The location and views were spectacular. A perfect holiday spot, with a wide and varied range of options.”
- “A lovely little cottage with wonderful views.”
- “Loved our holiday and it was nice to go back after a day out to the lovely little cottage.”
- “A very quiet secluded cosy cottage for two with good facilities and great views from the living area. Within easy access to the A66 to visit many beautiful places in the Lakes, well located for walking away from road and traffic. A great place for a relaxing break.”
- “Liked the situation of Wren's Nest - superb views, easy accessibility to A66 and facilities (Keswick just four miles) and yet you feel miles from anywhere.”
- “The cottage is ideally situated for walking the hills and valleys around Derwent Water and Bassenthwaite lake. There are plenty of good eating places within a few minutes travel and the views from the lounge are brilliant. Altogether a lovely little spot for a break.”
About the location
Braithwaite 3 miles; Bassenthwaite 7 miles.
The popular town of Keswick is the holiday centre of the north of the Lake District and has plenty to offer the visitor at any time of year. The town boasts numerous shops and restaurants to suit all tastes, as well as offering miniature golf, excellent parks, the famous Theatre by the Lake, a charming cinema, the Pencil Museum, a climbing wall, fishing and great mountain biking opportunities, whilst the beautiful lake of Derwentwater at the head of the stunning Borrowdale Valley is only a few minutes’ walk from the town centre. Nearby, between Braithwaite and Buttermere is the beautiful Newlands Valley, while picturesque Bassenthwaite Lake is well worth a visit. From a gentle countryside ramble to a challenging hike up Skiddaw or the famous Cat Bells, there really is something for everyone. Visit Castlerigg Stone Circle, the Jennings Brewery and Mirehouse, a grand house and gardens on the shores of the Bassenthwaite Lake, or take a fabulous boat trip around Derwentwater. With plenty of attractions for the kids, lovely parks and the nearby Lake District Wildlife Park this is a great Lakeland destination whatever the time of year.