“The owners were extremely helpful, ...”The owners were extremely helpful, I text to ask to if we could have a late check out & they agreed, it was a perfect end to the weekend
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightful and unusual end of terrace cottage, located in a quiet location on the outskirts of the pretty village of Allithwaite, on the stunning Cartmel Peninsula.
This charming Allithwaite cottage is an ideal holiday location for couples and small families to get away from it all and enjoy this quiet, unspoilt corner of the Lake District and the accommodation is set over three floors to take advantage of the lovely local views.
This Allithwaite cottage comprises a ground floor country kitchen, a first floor sitting room with double sofa bed for flexibility and cosy open fire, an adjoining balcony overlooking the garden and stream and two lovely bedrooms and bathroom on the second floor.
Parents will enjoy the excellent location and a little added luxury with a lovely spa bath in the main bathroom, whilst the children will enjoy exploring the grounds and the babbling brook, which boasts the occasional brown trout.
Enjoy a relaxing day in the garden at this Allithwaite cottage, take a pleasant stroll down to the coast, venture inland along one of the many nearby footpaths, including the Cumbrian Way or visit one of the local pubs for a refreshing beverage.
With the Lake District National Park, Lakeland Motor Museum, the old village of Cartmel with its thrice-a-year horse racing and the pleasant Victorian seaside resort of Grange-over-Sands all within easy reach, this is a superb base for a fabulous holiday, all year round.
Over three floors. Three bedrooms: 1 x 2nd floor king-size double, 1 x 2nd floor double, 1 x adult bunks. 2nd floor bathroom with spa bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. 1st floor sitting room with double sofa bed, open fire and balcony.
- Gas central heating with open fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 3 x TV (two Smart) with Freeview, DVD, radio/CD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available
- Limited snug off road parking for max. 2 cars outside property on cobbled drive
- Patio with furniture and BBQ
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops 2 miles, pub 3 mins walk
- Note: The cottage supplies two tickets for fishing in Windermere, Ambleside and District Angling Association waters
- Note: There is a babbling brook in the garden, children and pets should be supervised at all times whilst using the garden
- The brook is privately owned, children and pets should not wander freely onto neighbour's private property.
About the location
Cartmel 2 miles; Grange-over-Sands 2 miles.
The lovely village of Allithwaite is idyllically located on the western edge of the Cartmel Peninsula, at the edges of the Lake District and Morecambe Bay. Described as being “set like a jewel in a cloak of green”, this village provides a shop, Post Office and a local pub serving food. The historic village of Cartmel, renowned as the prettiest in the Lake District, is just 2 miles away, and boasts charming streamside walks, quaint cobbled streets littered with antique shops, traditional pubs and the acclaimed Michelin Star-awarded L'Enclume restaurant. It is also home to the famous priory and racecourse. The picturesque Edwardian seaside resort of Grange-over-Sands is also within 2 miles and features a traffic-free promenade, delightful ornamental gardens, a choice of golf courses and excellent birdwatching opportunities. A superb base from which to enjoy this magical area.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute