- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Troutbeck Bridge 1 mile. A delightful traditional, stone-built, semi-detached cottage, one of thirteen dwellings situated on the Merewood Estate, one mile from the village of Troutbeck Bridge, close to the towns of Ambleside and Windermere, and less than a ten minute walk from Lake Windermere. Comfortably appointed throughout to provide superb accommodation, this cottage near Windermere is ideal for a couple who wish to enjoy the breathtaking scenery and be within easy reach of the many attractions and activities that can be found in the area. This Troutbeck Bridge cottage has a bright and airy open plan living area from where you can at certain times of the year see Lake Windermere across the fields and through the trees. Outside there are two patios so not matter what the time of day, you can sit back and enjoy this wonderful location with a refreshing drink, plus you're welcome to use the shared lawned areas that surround this Windermere cottage. This Troutbeck Bridge cottage is situated close to the Lake District Visitor Centre at Brockhole, with its gardens, adventure playgrounds and cafe, and this is where the lake steamers collect passengers to cruise up to Ambleside or down to the bustling towns of Bowness and Lakeside. There are also some charming walks and bridleways to explore from this Lake District cottage up into the beautiful Troutbeck Valley and across to Wansfell, plus the gardens at Holehird are well worth a visit, run completely by volunteers; it is an enchanting and inspirational place to explore. This wonderful Troutbeck Bridge cottage is a perfect romantic retreat at any time of the year.
All ground floor. One double bedroom. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- Gas central heating
- Electric oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge, washer/dryer, TV with FreeSat, DVD, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car, plus communal car park opposite property
- Lockable bike storage
- Patios plus shared use of lawned areas
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 10 mins walk, pub 1 mile
- Note: There is a shared footpath to the side of the property which leads to shared lawned areas
- Note: Babes-in-arms only.
- Last minute
- “I do not give top marks easily but it would be difficult to do otherwise with this cottage. It was comfortable, spotlessly clean and more equipment than we expected or, indeed, needed. The area was quiet and peaceful and we enjoyed watching the birds in the garden. It was in a good position to be able to get to both towns and countryside easily. We had a most enjoyable holiday and will most certainly return as well as recommend it to our friends and family.”
- “A superb Cottage in a great location.”
- “Apple Tree Cottage was in a good location, but very private which we did enjoy. It was a nice and relaxing cottage, very comfortable and presented very well, with plenty of hot water. A real pleasure was the gardens at the back and front of the premises. Yes we will return again, and the hospitality was also very nice.”
- “This is an excellent property. Ideal for a couple seeking to explore the Southern Lakes. It was superbly equipped with an easily accessible interior even with my very limited mobility.”
- “The overall standard of the cottage was excellent, it was warm cosy, very comfortable and set back far enough from the main road to be very quiet. We had a most enjoyable stay and would stay again.”
- “In a lovely position with walks from the cottage, hardly needed to use the car. Had a very comfortable bed, we slept very well.”
- “Proved an excellent base for a short break aimed at walking the fells. The standard of comfort was excellent and we would cheerfully use the cottage again.”
- “The cottage was extremely comfortable and all of the appliances were easy to use. All in all a perfect location in a beautiful part of the country.”
- “A lovely cottage, well maintained and very comfortable. The cottage was close to the lake and other places of interest in the area. There was also a bridle path very close to the cottage which we enjoyed every day. The bed was exceptionally comfortable for a holiday let.”
- “The Cottage was beautiful. The Visitors Book was interesting to read, told about all the wildlife around the cottage , well worth the £2.50 spent on bird feed for entertainment, was just as advertised, PERFECT.”
- “Our first visit to The Lake District, the Cottage was in an excellent location for where we wanted to go to. The standard of the Cottage and the surroundings were outstanding, it was clean, comfortable and far enough from the main road to be nice and quiet.”
- “The location and accommodation were excellent and we felt at home from the first minute.”
About the location
Windermere 2 miles; Ambleside 4 miles.
The small village of Troutbeck Bridge lies between the famous towns of Windermere and Ambleside, close to the renowned Kirkstone Pass, within the Lake District National Park. Made up of a scattering of Lakeland cottages, this quiet village offers a thriving and very popular local pub, serving real ales and fine food. The bustling towns of Windermere and Ambleside are close by, providing a range of amenities including shops, pubs and cafes. Lake Windermere boasts a range of lakeside activities, including trips to the famous Aquarium and the renowned Grizedale Forest Park, whilst children will enjoy the World of Beatrix Potter in nearby Bowness, where technology brings her characters to life. With destinations such as Coniston Water, Kendal, Keswick and the Lakeland Mountains all within easy reach, Troutbeck Bridge is an ideal location for exploring all that the region has to offer.