- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A quality detached cottage set on the outskirts of the charming Cumbrian market town of Appleby-in-Westmorland. This Appleby cottage sits in a good location, just a short stroll from the centre of the vibrant town and less than a minute’s walk from an excellent pub. A delightful blend of old and new, including original wooden ceiling beams, helps to provide a holiday cottage of real character and charm, ideal for couples, small families or groups of friends to get together and enjoy a well-earned break in this pretty location. Laid out in a slightly unusual design, the ground floor of this Appleby-in-Westmorland cottage features a spacious kitchen/diner with utility room as well as a family bathroom and a cosy sitting room. Upstairs, the master bedroom boasts a stylish wrought iron bedstead, and the equally spacious second bedroom provides a flexible twin bed arrangement. Outside this Cumbrian cottage you will find a well-established enclosed garden, with a patio area offering the ideal place to rest and relax on warm evenings. Situated on the Pennine Cycleway and just a short drive from the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales National Parks, this lovely Appleby cottage is perfect for walkers and cyclists, with Cumbria’s charming open countryside waiting to be explored from your doorstep. With the town’s convenient amenities close at hand, including a local pub just moments away, and the Settle-Carlisle Railway running through the centre of Appleby, you are guaranteed to enjoy a relaxing break in this welcoming Appleby cottage.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Utility. Sitting room with electric fire.
- Gas central heating with electric fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Enclosed lawned garden with furniture and BBQ
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops 10 mins walk, pub less than 1 min walk
- Last minute
- “Peaceful and welcoming”
- “This is the fourth holiday I have spent In the beautiful Jasmine Cottage. This detached cottage offers everything that holiday makers could wish for in accommodation. It is very clean, tastefully decorated and very well equipped. The beds are very comfortable and electric blankets are provided during colder weather. The owners live close by and are very helpful, each time I have visited there has been fresh flowers and a cake to welcome me. I strongly recommend a visit to this peaceful cottage, well situated for the more energetic walkers, but a peaceful haven for those wishing to relax or just stroll. I have recommended Jasmine Cottage to all my family and friends.”
- “Worth every penny”
- “Stayed the 22nd - 29th December. The owners, Vivian and Steve were very friendly and helpful and the cottage had everything we needed. On arrival there were beautiful fresh roses and a cake. Just what we needed after travelling. The cottage was very cozy and very warm. The bedrooms were very large and the beds extremely comfortable with electric blankets! The bedding was beautiful. We had 3 small dogs with us and the garden was totally enclosed. The river Eden runs through the village and there are lovely walks alongside also close enough to drive to well known beauty spots. The pub next door welcomes dogs and very friendly. Great food. Great holiday. We will definitely go back.”
- “This cottage has everything you need and is warm and cosy. The bedrooms are generous, the beds are comfy and it was an easy walk into town and pub was 100 yards. Would recommend to friends.”
- “A great, cosy cottage with friendly owners. There was a dog friendly pub less than a minutes walk and lots of walks without having to get in the car. Perfect.”
- “Beautiful Cottage.”
- “Liked everything, as well as the friendliness of the owners. Intend to make this an annual visit.”
About the location
Penrith 14 miles.
The historic town of Appleby-in-Westmorland lies in a loop of the River Eden and is overlooked by the Pennine range with the Lake District Fells showing on the western horizon. Set at the heart of the lush Eden Valley and steeped in history, this is one of the loveliest towns in the north of England and was originally the county town of Westmorland. Appleby is nestled between the Lakes and Yorkshire Dales, so guests can enjoy the contrasting scenery of these two national parks, plus numerous walking and cycling opportunities as well as the fantastic leisure centre in the town. The picturesque street of Boroughgate, with some interesting old buildings, is at the heart of the town and links the well-preserved Norman Castle with the fine medieval Church of St. Lawrence. Appleby is a major stop on the Settle-Carlisle Railway, which is one of the most beautiful railway journeys in Britain, and still today many of the old steam trains wend their way along this line and over the historic and awe-inspiring Ribblehead viaduct. Visit Appleby in June and experience the atmosphere of the three hundred-year old Horse Fair. With the delightful Ullswater and the magnificent Lake District within easy reach, this is an ideal holiday location.