- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A semi-detached house set on a high promontory above the Lakeland village of Arnside, just a ten minute walk from the lovely promenade.
31 Plantation Avenue, one of our Arnside cottages, boasts fine views across the nearby Lake District Fells and provides comfortable holiday accommodation in a lovely location.
Tastefully furnished throughout, the accommodation is further enhanced by the beautiful African mahogany floors and the handcrafted fixtures and fittings throughout, including 'secret' cupboards and jewellery boxes, making this a unique Arnside cottage.
A spacious garden area, with the occasional pheasant popping in for a visit, is ideal for summer barbecues.
Sample the village's fine pubs with beer gardens, overlooking the beautiful estuary, or, in this designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, enjoy fantastic walks along the coast or in the surrounding picturesque limestone hills.
With the charming village of Silverdale just a short drive away, this is an ideal Arnside cottage from which to discover the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales.
Two bedrooms: 1 x ground floor king-size double, 1 x family room with king-size double & single bed. Ground floor bathroom with cast iron bath, shower over, basin & WC. Fitted kitchen. Sitting room with inglenook stone fireplace, woodburner & dining area.
- Gas central heating with woodburner
- Gas range cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV, DVD, stereo/CD, radio
- Fuel, power & starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking on driveway for 2 cars
- Front garden area, rear garden with furniture & BBQ
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops & pubs 10 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “Beautiful holiday home”
- “Excellent service, polite and helpful. Prompt in sorting holiday stay. Loved the holiday home. Excellent condition, comfortable and very clean. Lovely gardens. Beds comfortable. Lovely friendly neighbours. Fantastic scenery and views. Not far from local amenities, handy for plenty of destinations. Leaflets and information in cottage. Gave a good picture for the lake district. Liked everything, the only problem was that there were no sockets in the downstairs bedroom! Were pet friendly!”
- “Lovely property, very cosy and clean with big comfy beds. Great enclosed garden for our dog. Furnished beautifully and in a great location for the Lakes and Trough of Bowland. Would definitely return.”
- “Great Place to stay”
- “Lovely cottage with some nice features, lovely rooms and great garden backing onto woods. Steep hill to test your fitness though :)”
- “really nice cosy cottage backing onto woods and with views from”
- “I stayed here with my partner and our young children, its very clean and well looked after, has all the facilities you need for a few days break. A very homely cottage! Has a DVD player and a few games, books etc.; it has a sky box that doesn't work - free view channels only. Washing machine, dishwasher, great kitchen. Out the back of the cottage is a small garden and the forest with a path directly leading into the local woods and hills. The woods are also useful for gathering firewood for the real fireplace in the living room which is very cosy and a great feature. Its about a 20 minute walk into the centre of arnside, or 2 Minutes in the car. Its about 45 minutes drive to Windermere and 60mins to ambleside so you are very close to all the Lakeland attractions. There is a steep hill leading up to the cottage from one direction, but you can avoid it by coming around a different way. Bedrooms have plenty of storage and we easily fitted our three kids into the big upstairs room, with loads of play space for their toys. The downstairs double bedroom is well equipped with wardrobes and comfy - the décor is a bit "countryside" and chinzy but perfectly adequate. What are you waiting for? Go book it!”
- “Beautiful place.”
- “The property was very clean, tidy and well presented on arrival. Everything you needed was there, including a small intro pack and a small selection of leaflets. The property was up a step hill, which meant you had a wonderful view out over the fields and the area was extremely quiet and peaceful. The house was compact, but adequate and had all the amenities you required. The stairs up to the bedroom were very steep and slippy at times and the lack of a proper shower facility was at times difficult. There were shops, pubs and cafes within a 2minute drive or a 20 minute walk of the property looking out over a lake/ estuary. It was a great place to tour the lakes from and Windermere was beautiful and places along the lake were great, especially the visitor centre. Overall it was a great place to stay and visit and we would definetly go back.”
- “Our wonderful lakeland holiday”
- “A simply wonderful and relaxing location. It was a the top of a steep hill but that didn't worry us. The cottage was lovely, comfortable and well equipped. Only negative would be the lack of a proper shower (shower tap on bath). Lots of info on the surrounding area and found lots of places to visit. Arnside is quite but well placed for touring. The local pub grub was very good. All in all we had a great holiday.”
- “Excellent property in prominent position in Arnside”
- “Good peacefull area. Direct access into wood at rear - usefull for dog owners. Good size rooms and well layed out property. Everything provided that you might need. Saw two deer in rear garden during stay. Pity no shower above bath. Driveway might be tight on width if you have a large car. Good access to Arnside and surrounding area.”
- “Comfortable house in quiet location with nice garden.Lovely area with really good public transport and lots ofwalking opportunities.”
- “Gateway to beautiful countryside”
- “Located on a quiety but hilly housing estate, the house was ideal because the back garden led onto a public footpath and spinney - ideal for the pet Labrador. The house itself is quirky in that a craftsperson has carved cupboards, built wooden hidey-holes, made skirting boards, flooring and even curtain-rails. It was obviously someone's lifelong work. South Cumbria held many surprises for us - we didn't have to travel far to find wonderful landscapes and walks, much enjoyed by alfie the Lab. We delighted in the pretty village of Cartmel where surely the best sticky toffee pudding in the world is on sale, and Grange on Sands is worth a visit for childhood memories of a typical seaside resort from bygone days. .”
- “A lovely cottage with lots of unusual handmade décor, a lovely garden backing onto a wood. Very quiet, comfortable, and very dog friendly. Recommended.”
- “31 Plantation Avenue is a warm, comfortable, clean house. Great access to walks.”
- “Lovely comfy beds and a great shower with plenty of hot water. A fabulous location with great views and a nice garden with lots of birds visiting the feeders.”
- “Lovely house home from home. Clean and well equipped. Especially loved the back garden and gateway to wooded area. Ideal for dogs.”
About the location
Kendal 10 miles; Windermere 17 miles.
Arnside is situated on the southernmost tip of the Lake District in a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, where low limestone hills, marshy plains and deciduous woodlands characterise the surrounding land. This former fishing port has retained many of the features from its past. The beautiful pier and port areas of the village offer stunning views across the Kent Estuary, as well as providing an enduring reminder of Arnside's illustrious history. To the south of the village are the 15th century Peel Towers, which were constructed to defend against the marauding Scots. The local surrounding area is a nature lover's paradise with stunning limestone pavements and wonderful woodland walks through countryside alive with rare plants, trees and wildlife. The internationally renowned Leighton Moss RSPB Reserve is also just one mile away. Guided walks across the Kent Estuary are available, showing the full splendour of the shore and surrounding area. Within easy touring distance are the Lake District and Lune Valley, the Yorkshire Dales and the Forest of Bowland.