- Four poster bed
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A beautiful stone-built, semi-detached cottage, attached to the owners' farmhouse in the quiet hamlet of Barras, just five miles from Kirkby Stephen and the Tan Hill Inn, England's highest pub.
This beautiful Kirkby Stephen cottage has been individually styled to provide a first-class romantic retreat.
Boasting an open plan design to take advantage of the space and the stunning views across the Eden Valley, this Kirkby Stephen cottage comprises a magnificent galleried bedroom with four poster bed, a stylish claw-footed bath and a glass balustrade overlooking the ground floor seating area.
The ground floor is open plan with French windows leading to a small patio area, designed once again to take advantage of the views.
This Kirkby Stephen cottage also offers a stylish sitting area with feature wall, a warm and cosy woodburning stove, lovely kitchen, petite dining area and a 'hidden' cloakroom.
This lovely Kirkby Stephen cottage is an excellent base for exploring the Yorkshire Dales and Lake District National Park, plus nearby the Howgill Fells, a favourite of Wainwright, offer great walking and cycling opportunities.
Alternatively, discover the Settle to Carlisle Railway and the amenities in Kirkby Stephen.
A wonderful Kirkby Stephen cottage, perfect at any time of year.
One king-size four poster bed with en-suite bath and shower over. Ground floor basin and WC. Open plan living area with small fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove and French doors to patio area. Note: Living area is split-level, with the sitting area two steps higher than the kitchen and dining area.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove in sitting area
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, wall-mounted flat screen TV with Freeview and built-in DVD player, CD/radio, WiFi, library of books and DVDs
- Oil, electricity and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Extra fuel for woodburner available on an honesty box basis
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available
- Off road parking for two cars
- Outside storage area for bikes, walking equipment etc
- Small garden area with patio, garden furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub 2 miles
- Note: The bedroom is accessed via an open plan staircase from the sitting area.
About the location
Kirkby Stephen 5 miles.
The pretty, rural hamlet of Barras sits on a high promontory close to Kirkby Stephen and the Eden Valley - a truly stunning and secluded area. A sleepy backwater, it is surrounded by traditional farm meadows and picturesque pastures and fells. The traditional market town of Kirkby Stephen, once home to cotton mills and a large manufacturer of shoes and woollen hats, today hosts a variety of shops, cafés, restaurants and pubs for every taste and budget. Enjoy many excellent walks and cycle routes nearby, explore Brough, Appleby and the magnificent Howgill Fells, enjoy a drink in Tan Hill - England's highest pub, or take a ride on the Settle to Carlisle railway. A superb location with the whole of the mystical Lake District National Park and the stunning Yorkshire Dales at your fingertips.
- Last minute