- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Brampton 1.7 miles. This superbly presented semi-detached, sandstone barn conversion, attached to a former inn nestles in the valley of the River Gelt, less than two miles from Cumbria’s historic town of Brampton. Presented to a high standard, this wonderful Low Gelt cottage provides excellent holiday accommodation with plenty of original features, which have been lovingly restored to enhance the beauty and charm of this property. There is a very spacious open plan living area with a kitchen, dining area and cosy woodburner, along with three superb bedrooms across the ground and first floors offering flexible sleeping to suit almost any group, each boasting en-suite facilities. Outside this cottage near Brampton, there is an enclosed rear patio area and across the road, there is a separate excellent garden area set on the riverbank, perfect for enjoying a picnic or simply listening to the birdsong as the water hurries by. Enjoy beautiful riverside walks from the doorstep into Gelt Woods, an RSPB Nature Reserve. This very special Brampton cottage offers easy access to the Lake District, Eden Valley and also Hadrian’s Wall, with much of the stone carved out of the grounds in Gelt Woods aiding its construction. The bustling town of Brampton is less than 2 miles away and offers shops and pubs along its pretty cobbled streets. With excellent road links into the Lake District and Northumberland National Parks, this perfect Brampton cottage will delight friends, families or couples at any time of the year.
Three bedrooms with TV: 1 x ground floor super king-size double (zip/link, can be twin on request) with en-suite wet room with shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x family room with 1 double and 1 day bed with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner.
- Air source underfloor heating on ground floor with radiators and woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, 4 x TVs with FreeSat, DVD, CD, WiFi
- Fuel, power and fuel for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate on request
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Enclosed patio garden with furniture and BBQ, separate lawned garden on riverbank across road
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub 8 mins walk
- Note: Sloping ceiling in twin bedroom
- Note: This property may be suitable for wheelchair users, please contact the owner for more information
- Note: Children and pets to be supervised in riverside garden
- Note: Lorries from a nearby quarry intermittently pass, mostly during the morning, along the road at the front of the cottage.
- Last minute
About the location
Carlisle 10 miles.
The market town of Brampton is the ideal base for exploring Hadrian’s Wall. The town boasts a rich and colourful history going back to the Roman occupation, Border raiders from Scotland and the Jacobite uprisings, plus bonnie Prince Charlie established his headquarters in one of the old buildings in Brampton. In the centre of the town is Moot Hall, which was built in 1817, and now houses the Tourist Information Centre, and there is a large motte to the east of the town, which is 135 feet high and has the statue of the 7th Earl of Carlisle on it. A few miles outside Brampton is Talkin Tarn Country Park. It covers 120 acres of farmland and woodland, 65 of which make up the Tarn, a 10,000 year old glacial lake, fed by underwater springs. Two miles away is Gelt Woods, which is an ancient woodland and RSPB nature reserve and has the River Gelt running through it. Brampton is a wonderful base for exploring this historic and scenic area.