- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
An attractive and welcoming semi-detached cottage, situated close to The Boatside Inn in the tranquil village of Warden.
Fully refurbished to a high standard, the property offers cosy and very comfortable accommodation - an ideal retreat for couples.
The cottage lies a stone's throw away from the rural Tyne Valley railway and makes an ideal base for exploring Hadrian's Wall and the surrounding countryside.
Kielder Water, Alnwick Castle and garden and the many castles and beaches of the Heritage Coast are all within touring distance.
Salmon fishing is available locally, and private fishing is available by arrangement with Warden Fishing.
The property adjoins Ref. 1060 and they can be booked together to accommodate 6.
One spacious first floor double bedroom. Bathroom with bath (mixer tap with shower over), basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area and cosy sitting room.
- Electric convector heaters
- Electric hob, microwave oven, fridge, TV, radio, WiFi
- Laundry service available from pub over the road
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Highchair available on request
- Off road parking for two cars
- Large, shared gravelled patio area to front, with furniture and BBQ
- On-site salmon fishing available - to check availability and book, please call Warden Fishing on 07506 978 093
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops in Hexham 3 miles, excellent pub and restaurant 1 min
- Note: The bathroom has a very low ceiling and as such is unsuitable for particularly tall guests
- Note: Due to the close proximity of the railway guests may experience some associated noise.
About the location
Hexham 3 miles.
The rural village of Warden is situated in the heart of the Tyne Valley countryside. It’s a tranquil and traditional place, whose name was taken from the Old English ‘weard dun’ meaning ‘watch hill’ and was originally the site of an Iron Age Hill Fort. Today it is home to an excellent pub/restaurant, The Boatside Inn. It is 3 miles from Hexham, the region’s main market town - a bustling place, full of antique shops and popular with tourists visiting nearby Hadrian’s Wall. Beautiful old Hexham Abbey dates back to the 7th Century and has a superb Saxon crypt, while shoppers flock to colourful stalls in The Shambles in the Market Place on Tuesdays. In the other direction lies Hadrian’s Wall, while further afield are Kielder Water, Alnwick Castle and Garden, and the many unspoilt golden sandy beaches, dunes, quaint fishing villages and historic castles of Northumberland’s Heritage coastline.