- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
An attractive and welcoming semi-detached cottage, situated close to The Boatside Inn in the tranquil village of Warden.
Fully refurbished to a high standard, the property offers cosy and very comfortable accommodation - an ideal retreat for couples.
The cottage lies a stone's throw away from the rural Tyne Valley railway and makes an ideal base for exploring Hadrian's Wall and the surrounding countryside.
Kielder Water, Alnwick Castle and garden and the many castles and beaches of the Heritage Coast are all within touring distance.
Salmon fishing is available locally, and private fishing is available by arrangement with Warden Fishing.
The property adjoins Ref.
1060 and they can be booked together to accommodate 6.
One spacious first floor double bedroom. Bathroom with bath (mixer tap with shower over), basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area and cosy sitting room.
- Electric convector heaters
- Electric hob, microwave oven, fridge, TV, radio, WiFi
- Laundry service available from pub over the road
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Highchair available on request
- Off road parking for two cars
- Large, shared gravelled patio area to front, with furniture and BBQ
- On-site salmon fishing available - to check availability and book, please call Warden Fishing on 07506 978 093
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops in Hexham 3 miles, excellent pub and restaurant 1 min
- Note: The bathroom has a very low ceiling and as such is unsuitable for particularly tall guests
- Note: Due to the close proximity of the railway guests may experience some associated noise.
- “A lovely relaxing environment”
- “We were warmley welcomed by the owners of the property and the locals. The accommadation was really clean and well maintained , the countryside was breath taking. Everone was really friendly and gave us the relevent information. I can certainly recomend this holiday to anyone wanting to relax”
- “Charming and friendly”
- “We stayed in South tyne Cottage in the Spring. The Cottage was clean and just right. The upstairs bedroom was roomy but the sloping roof over the bath made it impossible to stand up and shower - soon got used to it kneeling down. There is a railway bridge right next door and a train rumbles across ocassionally but that only added charm to the place. The pub next door (I think was called the Boatman or something similar) has an excellent restaurant and atmosphere and the landlady / landlord are very friendly and helpful. There is a lovely walk into Hexham along the Tyne or Hadrians Wall is a short drive away, with Newcastle a bit further but within easy striking distance. We will gladly return one day.”
- “fab place to stay”
- “A fab place to stay. Cottage very clean and ideal as a base for travelling round. Very friendly people at the Boat, nothing to much trouble.”
- “A very comfortable and enjoyable week.”
- “The cottage was ideal for our purposes, visiting relatives and friends. Being opposite the pub was very convenient for meals. The bathroom is definitely not suitable for tall people but as neither of us is in that category it was OK. Generally, the cottage was beautifully positioned, well equipped and very comfortable.”
- “My Holiday”
- “We enjoyed staying here as it very peacefol, but not to far from the nearest town.”
- “very enjoyable.”
- “We were welcomed by mine host of the Boatside Inn and shown all facilities. We did wonder about noise from the inn, but it was very quiet in the evenings. all locals we met were friendly and forthcoming. Hexham was a joy and we ran out of time before competing our list of things to do! Thoroughly recommended! Gillian and Graeme Douglas”
- “The cottage is ideally situated for exploring Hadrian's Wall and it benefits from being situated beside a pub with an excellent restaurant. It is comprehensively equipped with everything required to make your stay extremely comfortable.”
- “The cottage is situated in a beautiful spot, with easy access to many places of interest. It's very well equipped, spotlessly clean and very comfortable. It's one of the best places we have stayed in.”
- “An excellent place to stay and in a lovely location close to Hadrian's wall and other attractions - a real gem of a property, exactly as described on the website. Food offered in the Boatside Inn was excellent and could have a drink in the evening and walk home!”
- “The cottage is in an excellent location for exploring Hadrian's Wall and the great surrounding countryside, with Hexham just two miles away for shopping and coffee shops etc. Whilst the cottage is situated directly behind the Boatman Inn, there was no disturbance at night. The interior of the cottage is excellent, good quality TVs and furnishings. The staff were exceptionally friendly, welcoming and helpful. The quality of food at the Boatman is also very good, a big advantage with the inn being just a few yards away.”
- “The cottage was lovely and very welcoming after a days walking along Hadrians wall. Very clean and warm and would definitely go back again.”
About the location
Hexham 3 miles.
The rural village of Warden is situated in the heart of the Tyne Valley countryside. It’s a tranquil and traditional place, whose name was taken from the Old English ‘weard dun’ meaning ‘watch hill’ and was originally the site of an Iron Age Hill Fort. Today it is home to an excellent pub/restaurant, The Boatside Inn. It is 3 miles from Hexham, the region’s main market town - a bustling place, full of antique shops and popular with tourists visiting nearby Hadrian’s Wall. Beautiful old Hexham Abbey dates back to the 7th Century and has a superb Saxon crypt, while shoppers flock to colourful stalls in The Shambles in the Market Place on Tuesdays. In the other direction lies Hadrian’s Wall, while further afield are Kielder Water, Alnwick Castle and Garden, and the many unspoilt golden sandy beaches, dunes, quaint fishing villages and historic castles of Northumberland’s Heritage coastline.