- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Situated in the heart of picturesque Buckden, Clifford House Farm is a 17th century detached, stone-built farmhouse, one of four properties grouped around a courtyard with views up toward Buckden Pike.
Spacious and comfortably furnished throughout, the house has two sitting rooms - ideal for large groups of friends or two families holidaying together.
One has an open fire and the other a multi-fuel stove, which, combined with the oil fired central heating and AGA in the quality farmhouse-style oak kitchen, ensure that the property is warm and cosy all year round.
Monsoon showers will sooth sore walking muscles, with one housed in an en-suite for added privacy and convenience.
The large patio is the perfect place to relax and enjoy a beer or glass of wine after a hard day's walking.
An excellent base for enjoying the Dales with walking from the doorstep and many Dales attractions - historic market towns, caves and waterfalls - within easy touring distance.
Five bedrooms: 1 x super king-size double with fold-out single bed on request, 1 x king-size double with en-suite monsoon shower, basin and WC, 2 x twin (one ground floor), 1 x family room with three single beds. Shower room with large monsoon shower and WC. Bathroom with p-shaped bath with shower over. Separate basin and WC. Downstairs cloakroom with basin and WC. Large farmhouse-style oak dining kitchen with AGA. Two sitting rooms, one with open fire, one with multi-fuel stove (one seats 5, the other seats 6).
- Oil central heating with open fire and multi-fuel stove
- AGA, electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, Smart TV with FreeSat, video, DVD, stereo/CD, WiFi, USB charging sockets, phone (national landline/mobile calls only, honesty box basis)
- Oil, power and starter pack for open fires inc. in rent
- Welcome pack of tea/coffee/sugar, milk and biscuits
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot on request, 2 x toddler booster seats
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Patio with furniture and BBQ
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 mins walk
- Note: Due to the rural location, there may be rare occasions when the WiFi signal is intermittent
- Note: Check-in time 4pm.
About the location
Kettlewell 5 miles; Hawes 12 miles.
Nestling at the foot of Buckden Pike, near the head of Upper Wharfedale, this idyllic village makes the perfect place from which to explore the wonderful scenery and pretty villages of this magnificent Dale. Much of Upper Wharfedale is National Trust owned – an indication of the beauty of its classic countryside, with dry-stone walls and barns, important flower-rich hay meadows and valleyside woodland. Undoubtedly, this is one of the best walking areas in the Dales with The Dales Way passing nearby. The village itself comprises a cluster of stone-built cottages and houses with a traditional green at its centre. The green is home to the famous Buck Inn – a lovely Georgian coaching inn retaining much of its old charm. A perfect location for a holiday!
- Last minute