- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightful, stone-built detached cottage, nestling by the side of a stream on a quiet lane in the heart of Buckden, one of the prettiest villages in the Upper Wharfedale Valley, 12 miles from Hawes.
A former saw mill, the cottage has been lovingly renovated and combines original character, such as old beams and exposed stonework, with contemporary comforts.
With its cosy sitting room with woodburning stove, bathroom with feature roll-top bath and patio overlooking the pretty stream, the property oozes olde worlde charm.
This is an ideal location for walkers, with numerous footpaths, circular walks and the River Wharfe just on the doorstep.
With Malham Tarn and Kettlewell just a short drive away, and the towns of Grassington and Skipton nearby, this is a superb location for exploring the Dales!
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x single. Bathroom with roll-top bath, basin and WC. Well-equipped kitchen. Sitting room with dining area, woodburning stove and door to rear patio.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove in sitting room
- Electric induction hob, electric oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV and DVD player with surround sound, radio/CD player, WiFi, selection of books/games/DVDs
- Fuel, power and initial supply of logs for woodburning stove inc. in rent, additional logs can be purchased locally
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot available on request
- Off road parking for 1 car, additional roadside parking nearby
- Small front garden and rear patio area with garden furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 3 mins walk, pub 1 min walk
- Note: There is a drop from the patio to the stream of some 4 feet, thus small children must be supervised
- Note: Due to remote location, WiFi is limited
- Note: This property accepts dogs only - no other pet allowed.
About the location
Kettlewell 5 miles; Hawes 12 miles.
Nestling at the foot of Buckden Pike, near the head of Upper Wharfedale, this idyllic village makes the perfect place from which to explore the wonderful scenery and pretty villages of this magnificent Dale. Much of Upper Wharfedale is National Trust owned – an indication of the beauty of its classic countryside, with dry-stone walls and barns, important flower-rich hay meadows and valleyside woodland. Undoubtedly, this is one of the best walking areas in the Dales with The Dales Way passing nearby. The village itself comprises a cluster of stone-built cottages and houses with a traditional green at its centre. The green is home to the famous Buck Inn – a lovely Georgian coaching inn retaining much of its old charm. A perfect location for a holiday!
- Last minute