- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
A traditional, stone-built Dales cottage set in a peaceful location on the edge of the hamlet of Burtersett. Completely refurbished, with stone flagged floors and exposed timbers, this Dales cottage has a light and airy feel and offers quality accommodation in an idyllic setting. The property enjoys panoramic views over Wensleydale, and the garden is just the spot for relaxing after a day out. With the popular market town of Hawes 1 mile away and spectacular walking country all around, this is a great property for a break with family or friends.
Three bedrooms: 2 x double, 1 x adult size bunks. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Lovely fitted kitchen with dining area and flagged stone floors. Sitting room with flagged floors and rugs, with flame-effect electric stove.
- Oil central heating with electric stove in sitting room
- Electric range style cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV, DVD player, children's games
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen inc. in rent
- Lovely enclosed garden area to front with solid wood garden furniture
- Private parking by cottage with very narrow entrance, additional roadside parking nearby
- Up to 2 well-behaved pets welcome
- Shops and pubs in Hawes, 1 mile.
- Last minute
- “peaceful quiet retreat with stunning views”
- “Maryend is a beautiful stone cotage which although does have neighbours attatched to the property there was never any noise. The cotage felt secluded and remote yet had the benefit of being a short distance away from Hawes which has excellent pubs and shopping as well as an interesting museum and the ropery. The cottage itself was clean and well cared for with a great enclosed garden from which there are views over the valley. Off road parking was not really available at the cottage but there was plenty of parking a very short distance away. There was an excellent kitchen diner with a very high standard of appliances was so nice to be in a holiday cottage with a great cooker! The cottage is well placed for many local attractions we especially enjoyed aysgarth falls and the wensleydale creamery is well worth a visit. As dog owners we felt the whole area was very welcoming of dogs. As a summery I would recommend this cottage and area to anyone wishing to stay in a peaceful area with plenty of natural beauty.”
- “Great location, beautiful cottage.”
- “Ideal location to walk into Hawes across the fields. Loads of wonderful walks. Beautifully appointed cottage with everything you need. Home from home. Great for dogs with enclosed back garden, stone floors. Lots of places to visit locally. Something for everyone.”
- “Great place to stay if you are not disabled. We were lucky that the 2 neighbours were away so we got to park at their houses. The only car that you would get in the Maryend drive is a Smartcar. We would have had to park at the other end of the village if it had not been for the neighbours good nature. That aside the house was great and the amenieties were great what a great holiday house.”
- “lovely cottage added to a great break”
- “lovely cottage in a great location for walking from front door, a welcome break from driving! secure garden for our dogs, easy walk into town for some very nice beer. would certainly recommend.”
- “The location is just right for walkers and for exploring the area, overall it was a relaxing place to be. The cottage is a lovely place and the scenery is amazing.”
- “An excellent Property and peaceful location.”
- “This was our second visit to Maryend. We love the cottage and its location in the stunning Wensleydale countryside.”
- “The cottage was generally very good, keenly priced and in a cracking location. The living room was absolutely fantastic and the overall accommodation was to a very high standard.”
- “The property was well maintained and equipped, an ideal location in Wensleydale.”
- “Pretty well everything! Lovely cottage in an area which holds many happy memories. Very enjoyable to go back to see what's changed, and what's stayed the same. And the dogs enjoyed the walks!”
- “A very clean and comfortable well equipped cottage. In a very good location to explore the Dales.”
- “Gorgeous setting in Burtersett. Cottage was very nice with a lovely new kitchen. It was exceptionally clean and very well equipped.”
About the location
Hawes 1 mile; Semerwater 3 miles.
The picturesque and traditional Wensleydale village of Burtersett, which dates back to Norse times, is surrounded by beautiful Dales countryside. It is an ideal base for touring the many attractions of the Dales, such as the waterfalls at Aysgarth and Hardraw Force, plus the lake at Semerwater and Bolton Castle, to name but a few. It allows easy access to Cumbria, just 17 miles away, and the Lake District. Nearby is the bustling market town of Hawes with the award-winning Dales Countryside Museum and the famous ropemakers. Hawes is the 'capital' of Wensleydale and has a good range of shops, pubs and eating places.