- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Askrigg 2.5 miles. A gem of a cottage!
Situated in a magnificent peaceful position on a working Dales family farm, a quarter of a mile down a farm lane and boasting glorious views, this superb cottage was created from part of the owner's traditional Dales farmhouse which adjoins the property.
The farm is located betwixt the Dales village of Askrigg and the attractive market town of Hawes - both can be reached via a footpath from the cottage.
The cottage is spacious, light, well furnished and extremely comfortable.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with separate electric shower. Large fitted kitchen with dining area. Spacious south-facing sitting room with superb views and multi-fuel stove (electric fire for summer months).
- Electric night storage heaters with multi-fuel stove or electric fire
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, automatic washing machine/dryer, dishwasher, TV, DVD
- Electricity and starter pack for multi-fuel stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Large south-facing garden area and garden furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 2.5 miles
- Please note: This property is reached via a 1/4 mile un-tarmaced, quarry stone track.
About the location
Hawes 4 miles; Bainbridge 2 miles.
The picturesque Wensleydale village of Askrigg is situated in truly beautiful countryside and is better known to millions as Darrowby — the village portrayed in TV’s James Herriot’s “All Creatures Great and Small”. It makes an excellent holiday location for walkers, offering a great base from which to explore both Wensleydale and Swaledale, with beauty spots in the area including Aysgarth Falls, Semerwater, castles at both Bolton and Middleham and of course, Hardraw Force - England’s highest single drop waterfall at 99ft! There are also lots of interesting market towns and villages to visit, including Hawes, Leyburn and Bainbridge, to name but a few.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute