- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A bright and welcoming detached bungalow in the popular Cumbrian village of Burton-in-Kendal.
Refurbished and decorated to a good standard, this Burton-in-Kendal cottage offers comfortable holiday accommodation with three double bedrooms and a lovely sitting room.
Outside this Burton-in-Kendal cottage is a large lawned garden where you can sit and relax as you plan where to visit tomorrow.
This Burton-in-Kendal cottage is situated close to all the village amenities including the local pub, and is ideally placed for exploring the many attractions the area has to offer, such as the Lake District to the west and the Yorkshire Dales to the east.
Close to this Burton-in-Kendal cottage is the Lune Valley, a favourite haunt of the artist Turner, and the medieval Devil's Bridge at Kirkby Lonsdale, which is well worth a visit.
Morecambe Bay, Silverdale and Arnside are within easy reach, as are Settle and Ingleton.
A welcoming Burton-in-Kendal bungalow, ideal whatever the time of year.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms all with TV: 2 x double (one with en-suite walk-in shower, basin and WC), 1 x ¾ double. Shower room with walk-in shower with grab rail and shower chair and basin. Separate WC with grab rails. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room. Outside utility.
Oil central heating. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, fridge/freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer in utility, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books. All fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair on request. Off road parking for 3 cars. Enclosed lawned garden and patio with furniture and BBQ. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 3 mins walk. Note: This property is adjacent to the village primary school. Note: Property has ramped access and no internal steps, so may be suitable for accompanied disabled or the less mobile.
- Last minute
- “Lovely comfortable base”
- “We stayed here with a teenager, parents in their 80's and a dog and all enjoyed the space together as well as our own spaces with WIFI and TV's in each bedroom. The bungalow is well equipt and has all you need to cook for a family group. The dog enjoyed the large rear garden that is well enclosed and in dry warm weather would be a lovely place to sit and have BBQ's. The cottage is well placed for visiting both the Lake district and Lancaster and easy to get to as just off the M6. The owners are very kind and helpful and make delicious cakes!”
- “A beautiful bungalow so close to places of interest.”
- “Lovely bungalow with very friendly owners who made our stay very welcoming. Will certainly return sooner rather than later.”
- “Lovely bungalow,super helpful owners...shame about the terrible”
- “My dog and I had a wonderful stay in Linbeller despite the terrible weather.Jan and Patrick had thought of everything we could possibly need and more.They were like good friends are,and helped me in many ways,which was very much apreciated. The bungalow is extremely well equipped...much better than anywhere else I have stayed,and I will definitely stay there again,although not on my own and earlier than I did this year,and hopefully the weather will be better!!The location is fine so long as you have transport,as,unfortunately,the village has nothing to recommend it at all...a post office with the most unfriendly and rude postmaster I have ever met,and one pub which I did not use.The bungalow was expensive for 1 person but booking late I had no choice,but I enjoyed my stay anyway.For a family it would be good value as it is so well equipped.”
- “Very friendly and comfortable stay”
- “Warm welcome, comfortable cottage in lovely village, nice pub with good food, excellent location for exploring southern parts of Lake district.”
- “We found Linbeller to be very good, clean and comfortable, with everything you could possibly want. The owners were most welcoming. The bungalow is in a very central position to visit the Yorkshire Dales, Lake District, City of Lancaster and also the coast including Morecambe and Blackpool. We arrived there as strangers but left as friends. Thank you again to you both.”
- “The bungalow was excellent, a good base for seeing wonderful sights around the Lakes. A lovely welcome was waiting for us when we arrived and the owners were lovely, a real home from home, would definitely stay here again.”
- “We were met and shown around by the owners who were very nice and friendly. The village was great, it had a small shop/post office, a butchers and a nice pub with great food and drink - the pub was good for us as it was dog friendly. There are some nice walks around the village and nearby canal. You're also close to the Lake District for days out.”
- “Very welcoming people, very comfortable accommodation, plenty to do and see in the area. Thoroughly enjoyed every moment.”
- “The owners were extremely helpful, friendly and made us feel very welcome. The property was ideal for our mix of teenagers and octogenarians as well as the dog. We all had our own space and TV's & WiFi were a real bonus. The bungalow gave easy access to the older ones in our group and is in an excellent position to give us easy access to Lancaster, Morecombe Bay and the Lake District.”
- “The property is in an excellent location for visiting lovely parts of both the Lake District and North Yorkshire Dales.”
About the location
Kirkby Lonsdale 7 miles; Kendal 12 miles.
A small, traditional Cumbrian village set in beautiful countryside and ideally placed for exploring Southern Lakeland, the Yorkshire Dales and the peaceful Forest of Bowland. The village has a Post Office/general store, a butcher and a pub that serves good food. It lies 7 miles from the lovely old market town of Kirkby Lonsdale, and 12 miles from Kendal, the gateway to the Lake District. There is easy access to many areas of interest, with the historic city of Lancaster and the seaside resorts of Morecambe and Blackpool all within easy reach. The acclaimed RSPB wildfowl reserve of Leighton Moss is only 4 miles away, while Morecambe Bay is also famous for birdwatching. Other locations well worth a visit are the villages of Silverdale and Arnside (overlooking the beautiful Kent Estuary), Ingleton, Settle and Clapham. Levens Hall (famous topiary) and medieval Sizergh Castle with a beautiful garden are nearby. Good pubs and restaurants are also abound in the area. There is plenty of good walking nearby, and golf, fishing and riding are all available locally.