- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Washing machine
An extremely spacious, luxury ground floor apartment, superbly located in the pretty mill village of Cark in Cartmel. Very well appointed throughout, this Cark in Cartmel self-catering apartment is ideal for couples wishing to stay in peaceful surroundings but have access to all the fine restaurants and attractions this area has to offer. Set within a former gentleman's residence, a listed building which has been very tastefully converted into six apartments, this Cark in Cartmel holiday apartment boasts high ceilings and has one bedroom, one bathroom, a fine sitting room offering views across the shared grounds and a fully fitted kitchen with a dining area. The pleasant shared grounds of this Cark in Cartmel apartment provide a perfect space to enjoy the tranquil surroundings, with a small river running through the grounds - an ideal place to sit and relax with a refreshing drink. The quaint old mill village of Cark has a popular pub serving food, and a local shop. A gentle walk from this Cark in Cartmel holiday apartment takes you to Holker Hall, with its fine gardens, deer and food hall offering excellent local produce. The slightly larger village of Cartmel is less than a 5 minute drive away, and is famous for both its medieval priory and the L'Enclume restaurant. The village even has its own racecourse, and interesting shops including the Cartmel Village Shop where speciality puddings can be purchased including the scrumptious sticky toffee pudding. A branch line runs through Cark from the Edwardian town of Grange-over-Sands, up the Cumbrian coast and eventually on to Carlisle. With the Lake District National Park a short drive away and the Cumbrian Coast to explore, this Cark in Cartmel holiday apartment is a perfect base, any time of the year. Note: This property can be booked with Ref. 17831, to accommodate 5.
All ground floor. One double bedroom. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Large fitted kitchen with dining area featuring solid oak table. Spacious sitting room.
- Gas central heating
- Electric oven, ceramic hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, DVD, selection of DVDs, iPod dock, Nespresso coffee machine
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot on request
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Shared lawned gardens to front and rear with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 mins walk
- Note: Property is alongside a river, children should be supervised at all times.
- Last minute
- “A really comfortable stay”
- “A really comfortable apartment with a large very well equipped kitchen. The house is in an attractive village with two pubs a very short walk away. Cartmel, with good shops, more pubs and attractive Priory is a short drive, or pleasant walk. Grange-over-Sands nearby has lovely shops, and is worth a visit. A great place to visit, and re-visit.”
- “Spring break.”
- “Excellent accommodation. Great place. Would recommend to all. Good for heating and convenient for eating out.”
- “Wonderful apartment”
- “Beautiful apartment lovely area ideal location.Cark House had everything we needed kitchen area was first class lovely bathroom and very clean through out what more could you ask for . Would recommend to anyone .”
- “I felt comfortable and quite at home in the apartment”
- “Everything was to my liking; I appreciated the standard of housekeeping; I would definitely stay again”
- “Very enjoyable week here”
- “Stayed here for 1 week at end of July. Apt is very clean, well equipped and spacious. Large dining room and kitchen. Area Is very quiet and a great location for visiting nearby villages and places around Lake Windermere.”
- “Comfortable in cark”
- “House well positioned and equipped. A big plus for us was that the seating in lounge was comfortable (unlike some rentals we have had). Overall a nice place to be based.”
- “Fantastic kitchen and overall cleanliness. Very good local restaurant and it was extremely peaceful and relaxing.”
- “Cark House is a lovely building set in well maintained landscaped grounds with the river running close. It is situated in a very peaceful setting. The cottage is very well equipped and had everything we required and more. The open plan kitchen, dining room was very pleasant to sit and dine in, which we did most nights of our holiday. It is very well placed for visiting the lakes and Grange over Sands which is close by.”
- “Lovely house in a particularly peaceful and beautiful part of the country.”
- “The apartment was scrupulously clean. The spaciousness and uncluttered, elegant style gave a sense of tranquillity which, added to the quiet location, made relaxation very easy.”
- “Location was ideal to visit nearby attractions, Cartmel, Grange-over-sands, Holker Hall and nearby Lakes. Accommodation was very good.”
- “The apartment was so beautiful. Every room had such a different feel, I loved it. Everything you could possibly need in the kitchen and everywhere was wonderfully clean! Shower and bath were great and the bed was very comfortable. The surrounding area was idyllic, plenty of walks from the doorstep. A very short walk to local pub and shop, what more could you ask for?”
About the location
CARK IN CARTMEL
Cartmel 2 miles; Bowness on Windermere 16 miles.
Cark in Cartmel is a small Lakeland village just two miles from Cartmel, one of the prettiest villages in the Lake District. Cark is well served by the Furness line railway, and features pretty streamside strolls, lovely walks to the local coastline, overlooking Morecambe Bay, two fine traditional old pubs and a scattering of small shops. It is a very short stroll from here to Holker Hall, the stately home of Lord Cavendish, whose house, gardens and deer park are open to the public. Nearby Cartmel offers quaint cobbled streets littered with antique shops, a charming gift shop, welcoming, traditional pubs serving real ales, and the nationally acclaimed Michelin Star awarded L'Enclume restaurant. Take advantage of excellent walking opportunities amidst beautiful, unspoilt countryside or visit The National Hunt Racecourse, the Campbell Legend Bluebird Exhibition and the Lakeland Motor Museum, all close by. The quiet seaside retreat of Grange-over-Sands, with its Edwardian buildings, mountain backdrop, fabulous sea views, promenade and two golf courses is 4 miles away. Windermere, with its panoramic views over England's longest lake, is within a fifteen minute drive. A superb holiday destination, at any time of year.