- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A delightful terraced cottage on a quiet lane just a stone's throw from the centre of the pretty South Lakeland village of Cartmel, in the ever-popular region of the South Lakes.
Restored, decorated and furnished to a good standard throughout, this cosy Lake District cottage provides warm and welcoming accommodation, with a cosy sitting room with old beams, and two delightful bedrooms; an inviting retreat for those wishing to get away from it all and enjoy this lovely area.
Within a short stroll of the village centre, with its 12th century church, first-rate pubs and Michelin Star awarded L'Enclume restaurant, visitors can enjoy picturesque walks and browse interesting shops, splayed over quaint cobbled streets.
With the Lake District National Park, Lakeland Motor Museum and pleasant seaside resort of Grange-over-Sands all within easy reach, this is a superb base for a romantic break whatever the time of year.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x single. Ground floor shower room with large walk-in shower, basin & WC. Fitted kitchen. Sitting room with dining area.
- Gas central heating with gas fire in sitting room
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, flat screen TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, iPod dock, library of DVDs, books & games
- Fuel & power inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot & highchair
- Ample roadside parking
- Sorry, no pets & no smoking
- Shops & pubs 2 mins walk
- Note: This is an old property, with steep stairs & some uneven walls
- Because of this stairgates cannot be fitted, so take extra care if bringing babies/toddlers.
- Last minute
- “As expected”
- “This was a very pleasant cosy cottage in a quiet area, off a minor road and yet reachable to the centre of the village on foot. It was clean and warm. There is a bus stop nearby to get into town such as Kendal (one and a half hours) for about 3.80p. The tV and video are good. There is a shower, but no bath but it was fine. You park outside the cottage.”
- “Lovely Cottage In a lovelly village”
- “The cottage was exactly as described . Cartmel is a lovel village with plenty of places to eat and drink on your door step. Could not fault the cottage had everthing that we needed”
- “Lovely Cottage, very clean, cosy and in a great location”
- “My Mum and I stayed in Byways for a three night break. The cottage was very cosy and clean. I spoke to the owner prior to our stay who was very helpful and specifically mentioned that due to the cold weather we were to put the heating on as often as we liked. The cottage was great value for money and Cartmel is a gorgeous villlage with lots of very high quality pubs. I would recommend Byways cottage as a fantastic base to visit this beautiful part of the country.”
- “Simply lovely”
- “A great stay, it is a quaint little cottage that is just lovely if you are after a quintessential stay in the Lake District. The bathroom is newly renovated and stunning. The Kitchen is fully equipped and has everything you need. The bedrooms are big enough that you don't feel crammed. There is 5 pubs within a stones throw and a Spar if you need some essentials. There is also a BT Openzone available if you need some WiFi. It is south of the lakes and for the area priced very reasonably. Sykes cottages were quick and helpful with the reservation and the owner bent over backwards to ensure our stay was perfect. There is even a Michelin Star restaurant down within walking distance. Thank you for an excellent stay!”
- “The cottage was quite clean and comfortable.All the requisite amenities were available.Cartmel is a beautiful village. I would highly recommend it.”
- “A very well equipped cottage. Cosy, comfortable and an excellent base for a relaxing holiday.”
- “A really lovely little cottage, very warm and comfortable. Would definitely book again.”
- “The cottage was cosy, comfy and just what we wanted.”
- “The cottage was close to the centre of the village with good amenities & the location was central to places of interest.”
- “Lovely cottage, in a fantastic area, quiet in the cottage , but only a 2 minute walk into the centre. Excellent location for all amenities.”
- “The cottage, the village and the surrounding area made for an enjoyable stay.”
- “The cosy cottage offered excellent accommodation in a very peaceful and relaxed setting but not to far to walk into the village . We were impressed by the traditional style of the cottage.”
- “Close proximity to L'Enclume restaurant and the village centre.”
- “Ideal location on quiet lane, but close to local church, cafés, shops and pubs. Very comfortable beds, and the cottage was very well draught proofed during the winter storm. Great view of Cartmel Priory from single bedroom.”
About the location
Grange-over-Sands 2 miles; Bowness on Windermere 12 miles.
The historic, South Lakeland village of Cartmel is renowned as the prettiest village in the Lake District. The Priory Church, one of the finest ecclesiastical buildings in the north of England, remains the heart of the community with its gatehouse forming the entrance to the village. The village features pretty streamside walks, quaint cobbled streets littered with antique shops, a charming gift shop, welcoming, traditional pubs serving real ale, the nationally acclaimed, Michelin Star awarded L'Enclume restaurant, and the Cartmel Village shop, which sells the famous sticky toffee pudding. Take advantage of excellent walking opportunities amidst beautiful, unspoilt countryside, visit The National Hunt Racecourse, Campbell Legend Bluebird Exhibition, Lakeland Motor Museum and Holker Hall with its spectacular gardens, all of which are close by. The quiet seaside retreat of Grange-over-Sands, with its Edwardian buildings and mountain backdrop, is a mere 2 miles away, whilst Windermere, with its panoramic views over England's longest lake, is within a fifteen minute drive. A superb holiday destination, at any time of year.