- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A modern terraced cottage just two minutes' walk from the centre of Coniston, the ever-popular Lakeland village nestling below the magnificent 'Old Man of Coniston'.
This lovely cottage is bright and sunny and makes an ideal retreat for a small family or couple to enjoy a break in this magical area.
A superb example of our quality Lake District cottages, the property features a cosy sitting room with an inviting open fire, a spacious kitchen/diner and three good-sized bedrooms.
The local fells, including the 'Old Man of Coniston', provide superb walking opportunities, while tranquil Coniston Water offers sailing and leisure cruises.
Other local beauty spots well worth a visit include Hawkshead, Tarn Hows and Esthwaite Water.
A wonderful example of our Lake District cottages in a prime location for exploring the National Park.
Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x twin with TV, 1 x bunks. Bathroom with bath with shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with open fire. Hall.
- Electric storage heaters with open fire in sitting room
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, radio, CD player, WiFi
- Power and starter pack for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for three cars
- Small open sitting area 15 metres to rear of property with garden furniture
- One well-behaved pet welcome, to be kept on a lead when in outdoor sitting area
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops and pub 2 mins walk
- Note: The cottage is quite close to main through road and some traffic noise is audible at peak times.
About the location
Hawkshead 4 miles; Ambleside 8 miles.
Nestling at the head of Coniston Water, the pretty village of Coniston is surrounded by some of the most beautiful scenery in the Lake District National Park, making it a superb base for touring, with Hawkshead, Ambleside, Windermere and Grasmere just a short drive away. Superb walking, mountain biking and climbing are available locally on Coniston Old Man and Wetherlam, and the lovely woodland trails at Grizedale Forest. For watersports enthusiasts, the quiet lake is ideal for dinghy sailing and canoeing, whilst the less active can enjoy a leisure cruise on the beautiful steam yacht 'Gondola’, or visit Brantwood, the former home of John Ruskin. Nearby attractions include the award-winning village of Hawkshead, home of the Beatrix Potter Gallery, Tarn Hows, one of the most visited beauty spots in the country and Esthwaite Water, famous for its fishing. A first class holiday location at any time of the year.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute