- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A modern terraced cottage just two minutes' walk from the centre of Coniston, the ever-popular Lakeland village nestling below the magnificent 'Old Man of Coniston'.
This lovely cottage is bright and sunny and makes an ideal retreat for a small family or couple to enjoy a break in this magical area.
A superb example of our quality Lake District cottages, the property features a cosy sitting room with an inviting open fire, a spacious kitchen/diner and three good-sized bedrooms.
The local fells, including the 'Old Man of Coniston', provide superb walking opportunities, while tranquil Coniston Water offers sailing and leisure cruises.
Other local beauty spots well worth a visit include Hawkshead, Tarn Hows and Esthwaite Water.
A wonderful example of our Lake District cottages in a prime location for exploring the National Park.
Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x twin with TV, 1 x bunks. Bathroom with bath with shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with open fire. Hall.
- Electric storage heaters with open fire in sitting room
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, radio, CD player, WiFi
- Fuel, power and 1 bucket of coal for the open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for three cars
- Small open sitting area 15 metres to rear of property with garden furniture
- One well-behaved pet welcome, to be kept on a lead when in outdoor sitting area
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops and pub 2 mins walk
- Note: The cottage is quite close to main through road and some traffic noise is audible at peak times.
- Last minute
- “warm ,comfortable and everything we needed”
- “located close to all local amenities and not too far from some nice walks second visit and will probably come again”
- “3 Low House Cottages, Coniston”
- “House was in a good location, close to local shops etc Excellent base for all our walking needs We were able to take a dog without extra charge all equipment in the house was good and plenty of everything Excellent value for money Only one downside for a family would be comfortable seating in lounge really only for 4 adults and the house can take 6. Would be ideal for 4 adults and 2 children”
- “The was a great property within easy walking distance to the centre of the village, and the takeaway / chip shop on the corner for rainy nights. The rooms were well furnished comfortable with plenty of built in storage in the bedrooms. There was a large area to park behind the houses but getting back onto the road from between the buildings was quite tight with a blindspot to the main road and the only real downside to the stay.”
- “Holiday with children”
- “We enjoyed our stay at Low House. The cottage was clean with a good amount of space. One thing that could improve things would be to provide a travel cot and highchair, we had to take ours and it was a squeeze in the car. I think this would put me off booking somewhere that doesn't provide these in future.”
- “Really well equipped cottage, great location and very clean.”
- “The cottage was comfortable, warm and surprisingly very spacious. There was a safe area for parking the cars and the property was situated within an excellent location. It was in a really good position for walkers and there were lots of walks starting from the house. We would highly recommend this for couples or families.”
- “The property was comfortable, warm and in the perfect location for us.”
- “Loved the cosy feel with fire lit, the bed was very comfortable and the kitchen well stocked. Welcome gifts were very kind and appreciated.”
- “Although you need to pass through narrow winding roads, the cottage is excellently located in the central part of Lake District. It is very compact and everything was clean. Cheap price. Very satisfied.”
- “The best thing was that we got lucky with beautiful sunny weather throughout. The cottage was very sweet and was perfect for four of us. The location was ideal, close to the shops, petrol station, nice walks and Coniston Water. Although located close to the town, the place was nice and quiet. The owner has thought of most needs for the guests to stay in the cottage. Fully equipped kitchen, wi-fi and tv - dvd player were helpful. The beds were comfortable and we had a very nice sleep everyday.”
- “This was a fantastic cottage with everything we required. It was warm, clean and comfortable and in a perfect location. Definitely hope to return.”
- “A good location with easy access for parking. The property was clean and comfortable and having a dishwasher is a bonus. Lots of great walks from the cottage so no need to use the car.”
- “Being in the village centre made it easy to access shops and eateries without driving. House was very warm and comfortable.”
About the location
Hawkshead 4 miles; Ambleside 8 miles.
Nestling at the head of Coniston Water, the pretty village of Coniston is surrounded by some of the most beautiful scenery in the Lake District National Park, making it a superb base for touring, with Hawkshead, Ambleside, Windermere and Grasmere just a short drive away. Superb walking, mountain biking and climbing are available locally on Coniston Old Man and Wetherlam, and the lovely woodland trails at Grizedale Forest. For watersports enthusiasts, the quiet lake is ideal for dinghy sailing and canoeing, whilst the less active can enjoy a leisure cruise on the beautiful steam yacht 'Gondola’, or visit Brantwood, home of John Ruskin. Nearby attractions include the award-winning village of Hawkshead, home of the Beatrix Potter Gallery, Tarn Hows, one of the most visited beauty spots in the country and Esthwaite Water, famous for its fishing. A first class holiday location at any time of the year.