- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Milnthorpe 3 miles. Set over three floors with pretty countryside views from the upper floors, this cottage is set next door to the owners' home, on a non-working farm, in the hamlet of Milton near Milnthorpe.
This semi-detached cottage has three spacious bedrooms, including a ground floor room with an adjacent shower room.
The first floor open plan living accommodation at this Cumbria cottage is stylish, and exudes quality and comfort including a well-equipped fitted kitchen, sitting and dining areas.
Outside this cottage near Milnthorpe is a pretty patio, which provides the perfect place for alfresco dining.
There are plenty of walks available on the doorstep of this cottage in Cumbria, affording many opportunities to enjoy the resident wildlife alongside the Lancaster canal, just a short way down the lane.
A pub serving food is a 10 minute walk from your welcoming Cumbria cottage, a real bonus aftera day walking or cycling the numerous bridleways, with further routes available at Grizedale Forest and Kentmere Valley.
Grizedale Forest also has a tree top adventure course and interesting trails through the forest.
The pretty and vibrant towns of Bowness and Ambleside are within 30 minutes' drive with numerous cafes, galleries and shops.
The market town of Kendal is a short drive away and the beautiful market town of Kirkby Lonsdale, with the famous Devil's Bridge, is also close by.
With excellent motorway links enabling easy touring to the Lakes, the Furness Peninsula and the Yorkshire Dales, this cottage in Cumbria is ideally placed.
Over three floors. Three bedrooms: 1 x ground floor twin, 1 x second floor twin, 1 x second floor double. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Second floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. First floor open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- Oil central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine (in ground floor shower room), dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Ample off road parking
- Lockable bike storage
- Private paved patio with furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 1 mile, pub 10 mins walk
- Note: Stairs are narrow and steep
- Note: This cottage is near a main road, some road noise may be heard.
- Last minute
- “Fab Cottage, Highly recommended!”
- “Can't praise this place enough. Even though its 'self catering' when we arrived they'd popped some fresh milk, coffee, fruit and biscuits in ready to get us set up. The whole cottage was immaculate throughout - the devil is in the detail and little touches like a big draw full of DVDs kept our 2 small boys entertained in the evenings... They also really appreciated the 'night lights' in the hallways that came on in evenings too! The facilities inside all felt top quality and we weren't left needing for anything, it comfortably slept 6 of us. The lady who ran the cottage was lovely and really keen to make sure we had everything we needed to have a great stay. 5 stars, highly recommended!”
- “I would unhesitatingly recommend this property, it was fantastic on every level.”
- “"We had a fantastic stay and would definitely recommend this convenient property to anyone visiting the local area. The property was comfortable, spacious and extremely clean. The owners were very friendly and we loved chatting with them."”
- “The cottage was beautiful I didn't want to leave. I was really pleased with everything had a very good holiday. The owner and there family were very friendly and helpful.”
- “The cottage was amazing. Beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean and extremely well equipped. The owner was very helpful and friendly. Without any doubt the nicest cottage we have ever stayed at.”
- “Excellent property well positioned to explore the Lakes and the Yorkshire Dales.”
- “nice people and super location. The apartment was fine in all ways.”
- “Good location for walks and sightseeing. Very close to road connections in the region; but still felt rural and quiet. We were made to feel most welcome by our host and found her to be very helpful. Cottage was lovely and very comfortable. Milton was a very picturesque hamlet; although driving down the narrow country lanes was a bit daunting at first, we soon got used to it and sussed out when best to avoid other road users. We were fortunate to enjoy wonderful weather, so made good use of it through day trips and scenic walks and really did not have time to visit any of the big house attractions or museums in the area. Good base for visiting the Southern Lakes and surrounding area.”
- “Greystones is lovely and the way it is set out is very good, 3 floors - Bedrooms top and bottom and kitchen diner/ Lounge in between, A lovely couple run it and they are close enough to solve any problems but leave you to enjoy your holiday. I would recommend this to anyone.”
About the location
Arnside 3 miles; Kendal 7 miles.
Milnthorpe, once an important medieval market town, is located in the South Lakes between Kendal and Carnforth, just a few miles from the seaside village of Arnside. Reminders of the town's history can still be found today amongst the narrow lanes and historic buildings, which speak of a time when a coach and four was more common than a four-wheel drive. Set in lovely rolling countryside, the area has much to offer, with the Lakeland Wildlife Oasis offering a tropical hall and butterfly house. Dallam Tower and Levens Hall (historic and beautiful stately homes with their deer parks, topiary and ornamental gardens) provide a great day out for visitors. Leighton Hall, Sizergh Castle, the Great Lakes Aquarium, Windermere and Grizedale Forest are also all within easy reach and well worth a visit. From stunning limestone pavements and wonderful woodland walks to beaches and scenic coastal paths, there really is something for everyone.