- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
Built in 1775 and formerly the village school, this charming cottage adjoins the owner's home and is situated in Crooklands, close to the Westmorland Showground and the village of Endmoor. Ideally located mid-way between the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales, this semi-detached Crooklands cottage has two double bedrooms, including a ground floor room with an en-suite shower room, plus there is also a family bathroom on the ground floor. The sitting room with dining area at this Cumbria cottage is stylish and comfortable, whilst outside there is a pretty, private 'secret' garden and patio, which provides the perfect place for alfresco dining. The Lancaster Canal is just a short walk away and provides a fascinating insight to a host of resident wildlife, flora and fauna. A pub/hotel serving good traditional Cumbrian food is a four minute walk from your welcoming Crooklands cottage, a real bonus after a day exploring the beautiful Lake Windemere which is just a twenty minute drive away, or after visiting the historic market town of Kirkby Lonsdale, just seven miles along the road. The area is rich in natural history with Farleton Knott, a huge expanse of limestone crags and pavements close by, plus for a perfect day out, come rain or shine, the caves at White Scar, Ingleton are always popular, and Leighton Moss Nature Reserve at Silverdale, in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty has been featured on BBC Autumnwatch. This cosy Cumbrian cottage is perfectly placed to enjoy all this area has to offer at any time of the year.
Mostly ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x first floor double. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with breakfast bar. Sitting room with dining area and electric flame-effect fire.
- Oil central heating with electric fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Lockable bike storage
- Lawned garden to side with patio and furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 2 mins walk, pub 4 mins walk
- Note: Property on an A road, some road noise may be heard
- Note: There is an internal door leading to the owner's accommodation which is locked on both sides
- Note: No children under 10 years old.
Note: No children under 10 years old.
- Last minute
- “The cottage was lovely and had everything we could have possibly needed and more! It was ideally situated for South Lakes and West Yorkshire. It was spotlessly clean and the owners made us feel very welcome. The photos on the website do not do it justice, it is much nicer than they show. We hope to return next year.”
- “The restaurant at The Crooklands Hotel, a few minutes away was fantastic serving lovely food.”
- “A home from home - the perfect place to say!”
- “It was a lovely cottage with lovely hosts. Very peaceful.”
- “We loved everything about the cottage. The situation is ideal as it is not only near the M6 but within easy driving distance of the lakes. It has the added bonus of being away from the crowds but near a couple of very good restaurants. Mr and Mrs Sanderson were marvellous hosts and went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect.”
- “Everything was great!”
About the location
Milnthorpe 3 miles; Kendal 5 miles; Arnside 6 miles; Kirkby Lonsdale 7 miles; Silverdale 8 miles; Windermere 17 miles.
Crooklands is mid-way between Kendal, Kirkby Lonsdale and Milnthorpe. It offers a pub/hotel, and the Lancaster Canal is within walking distance. Kendal, only five miles away is famous for its yards, narrow lanes, historic buildings and Kendal Mint Cake, as well as the unique Quaker Tapestry. Set in lovely rolling countryside, the area has much to offer, including the Levens Hall’s World renowed Topiery Gardens and deer park, The Lakeland Wildlife Oasis, Leighton Hall, Sizergh Castle and the Lake District National Park, with Lake Windermere only 20 minutes’ away. Within driving distance is the Yorkshire Dales with caves at White Scar, Ingleton and the internationally renowned Malham Cove, plus in the opposite direction is the Morecambe Bay area of Silverdale. From stunning limestone pavements and wonderful woodland walks to beaches and scenic coastal paths, there really is something for everyone.