- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Situated on Flintergill, in the pretty village of Dent in the Cumbrian Dales, this detached Grade II listed cottage is ideally placed for enjoying all that Dentdale has to offer.
As soon as you swing open the garden gate you will be immediately charmed by the pretty front patio, and once inside this Dent cottage, the many period features, which include sash windows, wooden shutters, oak beams and fireplaces, will continue to delight.
The rooms of this Dent cottage are beautifully presented, including a superb kitchen with Belfast sink, granite work surfaces and breakfast bar.
The main sitting room has a woodburning stove and, with two large sash windows, is bright and airy.
A conservatory leading from the sitting room provides additional space to relax, and opens out onto a rear patio, whilst the small snug offers a perfect spot to nestle up with a good book and a glass of wine.
Walkers of all abilities will be delighted with the abundance of routes available from the village green, whilst the young at heart will enjoy splashing about in the many becks and streams that run through this inspiring landscape.
With fine pubs in the village serving delicious food, this Dent cottage is in a perfect location for friends or families wishing to escape to an idyllic location, but to have all the benefits this lovely village has to offer.
Three bedrooms: 2 x king-size double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with roll-top bath with body jets, separate shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with breakfast bar, dining area and woodburning stove. Utility with basin and WC. Sitting room with woodburning stove. Conservatory. Snug with woodburning stove.
- Electric heating in hall, sitting room, kitchen, bedrooms and bathroom with woodburning stoves in kitchen, sitting room and snug
- Range oven, steam oven, conventional oven with induction hob, microwave, fridge, freezer with ice maker, wine fridge, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, WiFi, telephone (incoming calls only), selection of books and games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburning stoves inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Permits provided for 2 cars in car park 3 mins walk from property
- Front and rear enclosed patios with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 mins walk
- Note: There is a water feature on the front patio, children should be supervised at all times
- Note: Check in 4pm.
About the location
Sedbergh 4 miles; Kendal 15 miles.
Dent is a small village in the dale of Dentdale, and makes a wonderful place for touring both the Yorkshire Dales and Lake District. It has a village green together with cobbled streets and a pretty 12th century church. It also has its own brewery producing Aviator Ale, Ramsbottom and Golden Fleece beers – of course these are available in the village pubs to enjoy. The village offers a variety of shops and places to eat and the market town of Sedbergh is only a short drive away. Dent also has a main line station on the Carlisle to Settle railway and crosses giant viaducts at Arten Gill and Dent head before disappearing into the Blea Moor tunnel to Ribblehead viaduct. This is excellent walking country with the “Dales Way” running close by and Whernside, one of the famous “Three Peaks”, to the south.