- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This semi-detached Lake District cottage is set at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac, on the edge of the village of Beckermet, just two miles from the sea and five miles from St Bees, the most westerly location in Cumbria.
Featuring a delightful summer room, a warm and cosy sitting room, a well-equipped kitchen, a dining room, a ground floor bedroom and two spacious first floor bedrooms, this Lake District cottage is bound to please.
Ideal for families and groups of friends to get together, and because of its layout it is also suitable for a couple.
This Lake District cottage has a spacious, mature garden, overlooking tranquil countryside, plus the patio area provides a great place for dining alfresco.
Walking in the nearby fells is unrivalled and visitors don't have to be champion walkers as there is a vast variety of walks and climbs to suit all skill levels.
Add to this the fantastic bike trails available in the area, golf courses at St Bees and Seascale, both with glorious beaches, nearby Eskdale with its miniature railway and Muncaster Castle with the World Hawk and Owl Centre, and you have all the ingredients for a memorable holiday, making this Lake District cottage a perfect base!
Three bedrooms: 1 x ground floor double with single sofa bed, 1 x family room with 1 double and children's bunks, 1 x family room with 3 single beds. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Dining room. Sitting room with coal-effect gas fire. Summer room.
- Gas central heating with gas fire in the sitting room
- Gas cooker, microwave, slow cooker, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, video, DVD, CD, WiFi, selection of books, maps, videos and games
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cots, highchairs and stairgates available
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Shed for bike storage
- Large enclosed lawned garden and patio with furniture and BBQ
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Grazing for horses by arrangement with owner
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops and two pubs 5 mins walk
- Note: The front and back doors have grab rails fitted and the ground floor bathroom has grab rails and a shower seat
- Note: Max
- 7 adults, and 2 children due to the children's bunk beds
- Note: 4pm arrival.
- Last minute
- “Lovely well equipped cottage in a very quite colder sack.”
- “This is truly a very well looked after and very well equipped cottage situated at the end of a quite colder sack. There is a driveway which has enough room to take 3 cars. There is a beautiful well maintained secured garden at the rear of the cottage which is ideal if you are taking young children or pets on holiday with you. The inside & outside of this cottage is well maintained and most important of all it is very clean throughout which is a credit to the owner. There was a welcome pack for us on arrival which included too many items to list but here is just a few, Bread,milk,butter,jam,bottle of wine,biscuits,tea,coffee,sugar,shower gel,shampoo,toilet rolls,cleaning products and many more items. I have to say that our stay here was a great experience and we will be returning again next year. A big thank you to the owner for making our stay here very enjoyable.”
- “Good base and comfortable accomodation”
- “Well equipped cottage with a great garden for dogs. Good base for seeing the surrounding area. Some lovely places nearby. Found the pub in village dog friendly and with good food.”
- “An excellent find!”
- “We had a brilliant stay at Longcliffe. It was spacious enough for 3 families, with 2 children each!! The deco was slightly dated, but we weren't there for the deco. The house had 2 highchairs, 2 booster seats and 2 cots... The kitchen was very well equipped, the garden beautiful and not over looked, the house backs onto fields. There is delightful play area opposite the pub/restaurant (about 20 minute walk, child pace!) Also, about 5-10 minute drive away there is a big town (Egremont), which has takeaways, post office, large co op and many other shops. We had lovely trips to the beach, which again was just a short drive away. We had such a wonderful time!”
- “Welcomeing, Well Equipped, Peaceful & Central to all areas.”
- “We had a problem with the washing machine on the first day of visit. By the second day it was fixed. That was excellent service I would say. The house had ample room for Grand Parents,Daughter and Son-in-law plus four grand children. The house was well equipped although the furniture and decor was a bit dated it was still clean and comfortable. The location was central to most places. The garden was great for keeping the kids happy and safe. It was peaceful and the shed storeage was ample for 8 bikes. We all had a good time and would go again.”
- “amazingly well equipped property”
- “propyfath erty was spotlessly clean, and must be the best equipped property we have ever rented. We had a relaxing break with family who had travelled from different parts of the country. Plenty of walking in the area, loads of information provided by the owner.”
- “The property was ideally located among the fields and has an excellent views from all rooms. The property and garden are well maintained. The owner is helpful and we would definitely recommend. We will love to come again here.”
- “The home was well equipped and very clean with good linen. The cul de sac was quiet and the fields around were lovely. The owner was helpful and overall the price we paid was good value.”
- “A super base for the Western Lakes, with so much to do and see locally - a week wasn't enough. The proprietors were most helpful and welcoming. The "welcome pack" and level of information about the cottage and surrounding area were excellent. The enclosed and secure garden is great for families and pets. We would definitely use the cottage again.”
- “The property was spacious, light and comfortable. It was very well equipped with everything you could think of and things you hadn't thought of. The village is located close to the sea and not far from the tourist area but we hardly saw anybody and there was no noise from the neighbouring properties. We would certainly book Longcliffe again.”
- “As we have booked holiday cottages with Sykes Cottages before we fully expected every aspect to be perfect and we were not let down. The owner of the property was helpful.”
- “The property was spacious which served us well for we had visiting family. The location was ideal for the property overlooked farm fields to the rear and contained an enclosed garden - ideal for toddler and our Labrador Gemma. Good access to the beach at St Bees which was very nice. Also close by they have built a new children's play area which was due to open 10th July 2014.”
- “We liked everything about this cottage. It was a very clean and well maintained property, a credit to the owner. A wonderful welcome pack was waiting for us on arrival which included too many items to list which was a nice thought. The cottage is at the end of a very quiet cul-de-sac with enough parking for up to 3 cars. The enclosed garden to the rear of the property was superb because we had taken our Labradors with us. I would recommend this cottage to anyone who wants a quiet holiday. We will be returning again next year.”
- “The cottage was very comfortable, and the owners were friendly and gave us a warm welcome. The welcome pack was very much appreciated and unexpected. We will definitely come again if available. I was really surprised to find towels for the dogs, very nice touch. The dogs say thank you, had a great time!”
- “The house was very well equipped, comfortable and homely. We met the owner who was extremely friendly, helpful and kind.”
- “We had a wonderful stay at Longcliffe. We felt at home from the moment we arrived. The rooms were very spacious. The standard of cleanliness was excellent and the kitchen was really well equipped. We particularly loved the garden, it had plenty of space for all 6 children and they even found a little den. St. Bees beach is beautiful and only 10 min drive away and there is a super little play area about 15 min walk away. We all loved staying at Longcliffe and would highly recommend it to others.”
About the location
Egremont 3 miles; St Bees 5 miles; Whitehaven 8.5 miles; Seascale 7 miles; Eskdale 11 miles.
The small village of Beckermet is located just one mile from the beautiful West Coast and sits amongst dramatic Lakeland countryside. Consisting of a scattering of cottages, farm dwellings, modern homes and two traditional English pubs serving local beers and good food, the village even boasts its own pop festival - the annual Beckfest held in August. The fells and lakes of the Western Lake District are close at hand. Relatively unknown to many Lakeland visitors, this area offers easy access to the towering peaks of Scafell Pike - England's highest peak, as well as Scarfell, Great Gable, Hard Knott, Harter Fell and Muncaster Fell: the lakes of Ennerdale, Loweswater, Crummock Water, Buttermere and Wastwater, England's deepest lake is perhaps the most awe-inspiring of all the lakes. The nearby stunning valleys of Eskdale, Wasdale and Dunnerdale provide breathtaking and ever-changing scenery to be enjoyed throughout the year. The nearby popular seaside resort of St Bees, with its historic Priory, has a long sandy beach, plus the rocky promontory of St Bees Head, the westernmost point of Cumbria and the start of Wainwright’s famous 'Coast to Coast walk'. An RSPB nature reserve on the headland is home to England's only colony of Black Guillemots. Other local attractions include Muncaster Castle with its World Hawk and Owl Centre; the Ravenglass to Eskdale miniature railway, one of the most beautiful train journeys imaginable, the famous Hardknot Pass with its Roman Fort, and the Georgian town of Whitehaven with its picturesque harbour. This stunning location will have visitors returning time and time again.