- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
A lovely, semi-detached Grade II listed farmhouse in the small village of Feizor, just two miles from the market town of Settle.
Dating back to the 1600s and one of the oldest cottages in the area, this Settle cottage is full of immense character and charm, with two woodburning stoves, old tapestries, window seats, exposed beams and antique furnishings.
A cosy, traditional country retreat, this Settle cottage offers a spacious main lounge with a feature window, a farmhouse style kitchen and three lovely bedrooms, all with old beams and a traditional feel.
Outside, relax in the beautiful gardens or enjoy a family ball game in the lawned area just across from the cottage.
Enjoy the beautiful Dales scenery and wonderful walks from the doorstep of your cottage near Settle, straight out onto the limestone fells or go on a sightseeing tour of the famous Dales villages of Austwick, Malham and Kettlewell to name but a few.
Feizor is an ideal base for a traditional Dales holiday with a delightful village café just moments away from your Settle cottage, ideal for relaxing after a hard day on the local fells.
The more energetic visitors can 'clock in' at Horton-in-Ribblesdale's famous café and take on the challenge of the Three Peaks walk!
Visit the nearby Settle to Carlisle Railway line, renowned for being one of the most scenic railway routes in Britain.
With the Dales and the Lakes within easy touring distance, this Settle cottage makes a superb holiday destination at any time of the year.
Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x twin, 1 x single with log-effect fan heater. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area and woodburning stove. Utility. Sitting room with woodburning stove.
- Oil central heating with fan heater in single room and woodburning stoves in sitting room and kitchen
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD, piano
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburning stoves inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Small enclosed front and rear garden with furniture
- Lockable stone-built storage area for bikes, boots etc
- Off road parking for three cars
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 miles
- Café 1 min walk
- Note: Access through the village requires driving across a small brook
- Note: Single room has a half oak-timbered wall opening onto the landing, can be curtained off for greater privacy
- Note: Stone paths in garden slippery in wet weather, care to be taken.
- “wet and windy, made our holiday so much more enjoyable.”
- “From a friendly next door lady to the friendy staff at Elaine's cafe, This is the place to come for a well deserved 'rest'. As it was the third week of continous rain, our walks, especially up Ingleton Waterfalls were made even more spectacular, fantastic, also Gorsdale Scar. Nevr watched the TV all week, just enjoyed playing games in a wonderfully warm kitchen. The Childs Edition of Trivial Pursuit was So difficult, but great fun. My one and only complaint might be the uneveness of the upstairs passage way. Quite difficult to walk along, especially when one has had a 'little' drink...or two. Settle Down Cafe was very charming, great staff. In all great week, might go back sometime. Thanks to all concerned in helping to make it a special event.”
- “A lovely cottage in a good location.”
- “An utterly delightful cottage, in a beautiful setting. Picture perfect.”
- “It felt like being at home the moment we walked in. We could have many varied walks from the front door. The hamlet was tranquil but also had life with friendly neighbours.”
- “A fabulous period cottage with bags of character. It was comfortable & cosy and in a very quiet & peaceful location, providing a variety of excellent walks from the door.”
- “Lovely to get the opportunity to stay in such an old property with so many character features; slate floors, window seats, shutters, uneven floors, real fires etc. Spacious dinning area, lounge and bedrooms. Brilliants views and location. Piano was an unusual bonus and a traditional local farm on the doorstep which the children loved visiting.”
About the location
Settle 2 miles; Austwick 2 miles.
Feizor is a small village located between Settle and Austwick in the Yorkshire Dales. The area is famous for its fine limestone scenery, with the village being overlooked by the escarpments and cliffs of Pot Scar, beyond which lies Smearsett Scar. Also nearby is Giggleswick Scar - which runs along the line of the Craven Fault. Situated on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales National Park, this is arguably one of the finest areas for walking in the region. With limestone pavements and scars, caves and open moors, the area has a wealth of natural interest and there are wonderful cycle tracks and walks on the doorstep. Nearby Austwick boasts a local pub serving excellent home cooked meals and a country hotel for something a little more special, as well as a shop and post office for visitors’ daily requirements. This quiet village is nicely off the beaten track, yet the market towns of Settle, Kirkby Lonsdale, Skipton and Kendal are all within easy driving distance. A great location to enjoy the Yorkshire Dales.