“We want to live here (and so does ...”We want to live here (and so does our dog!) For peace, stunningly beautiful views and isolation, this really is an amazing find and we can't wait to go back. Also, the owners are really helpful and friendly, nothing too much trouble.
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Ravenstonedale 4.5 miles.
A lovely Grade II listed, stone-built detached farmhouse, on the side of Wild Boar Fell with breathtaking views of the Howgills and the surrounding countryside.
First constructed in the 1600s, this lovely Lake District cottage oozes character and charm, with antique furniture and original features.
The farmhouse kitchen is a delight, with low beams, stone flooring and a woodburner.
Add to this the spacious lounge with open fire and guests have a wonderful away-from-it-all cottage in a stunning, tranquil setting.
With access to 100-square miles of open fell, nearby footpaths lead you to stunning, hidden waterfalls and tiny becks, while above the house is an amazing limestone pavement.
With the Yorkshire Dales and Lake District to discover, this is a superb base for exploring the area.
Three bedrooms: 1 x super king-size double, 1 x twin, 1 x family room with twin beds and 2' 3" single. Bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area and woodburner. Sitting room with open fire.
- Electric storage heaters with woodburner and open fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dryer, small TV for DVDs only, DVD, CD, selection of books and games, WiFi (can be intermittent)
- Electricity and starter pack for fires inc. in rent, purchase extra from owner
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Garden with patio and furniture
- Storage area for bikes/hiking gear
- Sorry, no smoking
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Shop 6 miles, pub 3 miles
- Note: No TV channels
- Note: Water supplied from fell; safe for washing but brown in appearance and can taste "peaty"; please bring own bottled water for drinking
- Note: Cottage accessed via 500 yard long track, access difficult in very snowy/icy/wet conditions
- Note: Due to intermittent WiFi signal in the property, guests are welcome to use WiFi at The Kings Head pub in Ravenstonedale.
About the location
Kirkby Stephen 5 miles; Sedbergh 10 miles.
The tranquil village of Ravenstonedale lies at the foot of the Howgill Fells, quietly situated within the newly extended Yorkshire Dales National Park. A delightful rural village with a thriving local community and many traditional old dwellings, Ravenstonedale boasts a charming Parish Church and the remains of the old Gilbertine Priory. Hill farming is the principal means of income in the area and an agricultural show is still held once a year, echoing days gone by when both markets and fairs were held in the village. Once described by the famous author, A Wainwright, as one of Westmorland’s loveliest villages, the area boasts many walking, horse riding and cycling routes, whilst the nearby attractions provide something for everybody. Visit the Settle to Carlisle Railway Line, the magnificent Howgill Fells and the stunning Yorkshire Dales and Lake District National Parks. A superb location at any time of the year.