- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A lovely mid-terrace townhouse superbly located within a short distance of the bustling village of Bowness-on-Windermere and just yards from Lake Windermere itself.
Comfortably appointed throughout, this Windermere cottage is perfect for families or friends who wish to enjoy time together exploring this beautiful part of the Lake District.
This Windermere cottage has four bedrooms, with the ground floor room having the benefit of an adjacent shower room.
The first floor sitting room has a balcony giving distant views of the Lake District Fells and glimpses of Lake Windermere.
The dining room also has a small balcony and outside there is a small patio, so no matter what time of day, you can sit with a refreshing drink to plan your Lake District tour.
Bowness is just a short walk away and has a great selection of cafes and restaurants, plus some interesting shops and galleries.
From The Glebe, an area of parkland adjacent to this Windermere townhouse, you can embark on the Steamer and cruise down to the Aquarium of the Lakes.
From Lakeside you can then link up with the Lakeside & Haverthwaite steam railway, which frequently runs special events when famous engines, including Thomas the Tank, give rides to delighted fans.
A car ferry also crosses over Lake Windermere from Bowness to give easy access to the Western side of the lake to explore the pretty villages of Hawkshead and Near and Far Sawrey where Beatrix Potter wrote Peter Rabbit.
This Windermere cottage can be enjoyed at any time of the year with a host of attractions and activities available nearby.
Over three floors. Four bedrooms: 1 x second floor king-size double with TV and basin, 1 x ground floor double, 2 x second floor twin. Second floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. First floor kitchen with dining area and balcony. First floor sitting room with balcony. Garage/utility.
- Gas central heating
- Electric oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine in utility, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Lockable bike storage
- Patio to front with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “Perfect holiday let”
- “We stayed in this property while we were in the lakes for the Great North Swim recently, with ages in our group ranging from 24-57. There are 4 bedrooms each sleeping 2 people, with 2 bathrooms which suit the needs of 8 people just fine. This property is located right in the centre of Bowness, less than 5 minutes walk to the shops, restaurants and also to the ferry services. You can see the lake from the balcony. There is parking for 2 cars directly outside the property, but there is parking on the road just outside too, we had 4 cars between us and we didn't have any problems parking all weekend. The property was simple, clean, quite spacious. It had a very comfortable living room with plenty of seating for all of us, and could seat all 8 of us around the dining table. The kitchen was well equipped including dishwasher (a bonus when there's lots of people making more washing up!) The rooms are set over 3 floors, with the lounge, kitchen and dining room on the 1st floor, but there are a bedroom and bathroom on the ground floor, so as far as access is concerned if you can manage one flight of stairs you'll be ok. The only thing I would suggest is the addition of a recycling bin, as we ended up taking all of our recyclable material home with us rather than throw it in the municipal waste.”
- “This was a perfect holiday home only a few steps from the bay area and the centre of Bowness. All the rooms were very spacious - lots of space for a larger family - with good sized bedrooms and incredibly comfortable beds - all adult size! The kitchen had all the mod cons you could require and everything was of a very high quality. The owner left an ample supply of; tea, coffee, chocolate to get us started, and a bottle of wine for our celebration. Everything beautifully presented and spotlessly clean. This is the kind of home we would buy for ourselves! Excellent!”
- “The position was great and The standard of the property could not have been better and it was lovely and warm at all times. As soon as we arrived we felt at home.”
- “"The location met our needs and the house was perfect for our party being large, airy and very comfortable. We will be wanting to book for next year as we all enjoyed it so much."”
- “Lake House is in a great location for Bowness and shops, restaurants, pubs and the boats and ferry. Nice and comfortable in the lounge and kitchen with large bedrooms.”
- “The house was very clean, well equipped and as described. It was in a good central location serving as an excellent base to explore the Lake District.”
- “The location of the property was excellent, could not ask for a more central location. The house was spacious and clean and provided everything we could possibly need for a week away from home. All beds were very comfortable with crisp clean linen in all rooms. All mod cons, such as dishwasher and washer and dryer available.”
- “Access to the lake was minutes away (walking) and there are plenty of walks from the door if needed. Lake House was ideal for us, our parents and our dog - there was plenty of room and the garage was a bonus for cleaning dirty boots/dog etc. This house is plenty big enough for two families or one large family with teenagers/children, you don't feel like you are on top if each other.”
About the location
BOWNESS & WINDERMERE
Ambleside 5 miles.
The vibrant twin towns of Bowness and Windermere hold enduring appeal for many visitors to the Lake District, both providing a range of attractions, amenities, shops and restaurants to suit all tastes. Boat trips are available from Bowness to Ambleside and Lakeside, where the Lakeside Aquarium and the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway are situated. Orrest Head, where Alfred Wainwright was inspired to write his series of iconic guidebooks, is a 15-minute walk away and Brockhole, which offers tree top experiences is only one mile away. There are also a variety of watersports on offer for the more energetic. Bowness and Windermere are ideally situated for exploring all that this region has to offer; they are within easy reach of destinations such as Langdale, Beatrix Potter’s Hill Top House at Sawrey, Grasmere, Coniston Water, Grizedale Forest Park, with its delightful walks and famous outdoor sculptures, mountain biking and the Go Ape adventure park, Ullswater, Kendal, Keswick, as well as the Lakeland Mountains, including England's highest, Scafell Pike.