- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
An immaculately-presented lodge situated on the popular Fallbarrow Holiday Park on the fringe of Bowness-on-Windermere.
This modern, New England-style lodge rests directly on the lake shore and provides guests with sublime views across Lake Windermere, making it the perfect choice for those seeking a touch of luxury or a romantic retreat.
Tucked away in a quiet area of the park, this beautiful Windermere lodge has a king-size double bedroom with an en-suite, along with a double and a twin, a contemporary shower room and a bright open plan living area.
Outside, the large decking to the front and side provides direct access to a private beach area, perfect for swimming, canoeing and fishing, and is also a splendid sun trap for much of the day; a tranquil space offering the chance to watch boats bob by under the shadow of the surrounding mountains, a perfect addition for an alfresco feast with friends and family.
Facilities on this fantastic site include a restaurant, pub with beer garden, shop and deli, and a children's play area.
Bowness offers something for everyone, from enticing tourist attractions to shops and boutiques, restaurant and bars.
Guests seeking to explore the water may wish to sail some of the lake’s 10 miles, or try water skiing, canoeing or kayaking.
Those lacking sturdy sea legs can enjoy Windermere’s 18-hole golf course, the perfect destination to while away a few hours, plus there are many walking paths, including the Dales Way, and cycling routes available to explore locally.
A short drive will take you to the traditional towns of Windermere and Ambleside, offering a selection of shops and eateries, or visit The Armitt, a small museum, library and gallery with interesting collections, which offers the story of the area through the ages.
This very special Windermere lodge, with its spectacular views, won't fail to impress you at any time of the year.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x double, 1 x twin. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric fire.
- Gas central heating with electric fire
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Decking to the front and side with furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 mins walk
- Note: Approx
- 3 steps to access lodge
- Note: Due to waterfront location, children to be supervised
- Note: Internet speeds vary across site, on-site computers available FOC
- Last minute
- “The most breathtaking place I have ever stayed”
- “This is the best place I have ever stayed. I run one of the most luxurious self-catering accommodation in the UK and for me to say this place is better is saying something. You will not get a better view anywhere in the UK. Sitting in your lounge right on the shoreline of Windermere was simply breathtaking.the lodge was stunning with everything you could need and we loved the fact it was secluded from the rest of the park yet only a few minutes walk to Bowness. I stay in Bowness once a month and stayed in all the top hotels, this place is by far the best and when you divide the cost between the 3 bedrooms it works out as one of cheapest places to stay which is mad as it's the best. Can't recommend highly enough to anyone you, must stay and see for yourself.”
- “Indredible views, amazing location”
- “We stayed as a family in a luxurious and beautifully maintained lodge literally on the edge of Lake Windermere. The children played on the beach at the side of the Lodge and my father spent all day sitting on the decking admiring the view. He never stopped talking about seeing the flying swans, ducklings and beautiful changing scenery. It is a short walk into Bowness which is a lovely place to wander around and shop. There are lots of lovely small retailers and plenty of places to stop for coffee or to eat. The Lodge is not overlooked and no one can walk past and look in so it was lovely to just sit and look out drinking a glass of wine We spent just 5 days there but felt we had spent much longer because we arrived back home feeling we had been away ages and very relaxed and refreshed”
- “Loved everything and would definitely return.”
- “The location suited 3 generation's of family. The views were fantastic with the ferries, yachts & boats sailing by. We would like to thank the owners for the very high standard of accommodation. We would highly recommend this holiday home.”
- “Excellent accommodation in a great location and quiet situation. Had superb views of the Lake and was a short distance to the centre of Bowness.”
- “Liked everything..amazing lodge, amazing location.”
- “This is one of best places I have ever stayed. The view is the best I have ever seen and the most relaxing lounge over looking the lake. I have stayed in all the luxury accommodation in Bowness and this is by far the best. We will definitely be back and have found a hidden gem I couldn't recommend highly enough.”
- “We loved the views and the open living with the glass doors, Lodge on the lake in a great position with lots privacy. I would stay again without a doubt.”
- “Lodge on the lake was very well furnished equipped. The position was one of the best on the site with stunning views across the lake. Only a short walk into Bowness and all amenities. Very central for visiting the Lake District. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and hope to return.”
- “The position of this Lodge and the Fallbarrow park is very nice indeed. This is our second visit to this Lodge and would love to come back again.”
- “The position of the lodge is outstanding. This is the main attraction and we have re-booked, on the day we returned, for a week in October.”
About the location
BOWNESS & WINDERMERE
Ambleside 5 miles.
The vibrant twin towns of Bowness and Windermere hold enduring appeal for many visitors to the Lake District, both providing a range of attractions, amenities, shops and restaurants to suit all tastes. Boat trips are available from Bowness to Ambleside and Lakeside, where the Lakeside Aquarium and the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway are situated. Orrest Head, where Alfred Wainwright was inspired to write his series of iconic guidebooks, is a 15-minute walk away and Brockhole, which offers tree top experiences is only one mile away. There are also a variety of watersports on offer for the more energetic. Bowness and Windermere are ideally situated for exploring all that this region has to offer; they are within easy reach of destinations such as Langdale, Beatrix Potter’s Hill Top House at Sawrey, Grasmere, Coniston Water, Grizedale Forest Park, with its delightful walks and famous outdoor sculptures, mountain biking and the Go Ape adventure park, Ullswater, Kendal, Keswick, as well as the Lakeland Mountains, including England's highest, Scafell Pike.