- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A detached cottage set in a quiet cul-de-sac in the small Lancashire town of Garstang, the world's first Fairtrade town, just 10 miles from the Fylde Coast and 11 miles from Lancaster.
Spacious, bright and cheery, this Garstang cottage is ideal for families and friends to get away from it all and enjoy the many delights of this lovely area.
This Lancashire cottage is delightfully laid out, boasting a well-equipped kitchen with dining area and a cosy sitting room with open fire, ideal for warming up after a day out and about exploring Lancashire.
Your Garstang cottage has four bedrooms, two of which are on the ground floor, along with a bathroom and shower room, one on each floor.
The spacious, mature garden at your Lancashire cottage provides a great place for the whole party to relax and perhaps enjoy a spot of alfresco dining.
A great base for touring, the Fylde Coast is nearby, while the many interesting delights of Blackpool and Morecambe are just a short drive away.
If you fancy venturing a little further afield, the drive through the Forest of Bowland is not to be missed and there are excellent routes into the southern Lake District.
A lovely Garstang cottage, ideal for a family holiday in Lancashire.
Four bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x ground floor king-size double, 1 x twin, 1 x ground floor twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin, bidet and WC. Ground floor shower room with walk-in shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with open fire.
- Gas central heating with open fire
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, CD, selection of books and games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair and stairgate
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Enclosed lawned garden with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops and pubs 5 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “Good spacious house”
- “Stayed in Woodlands for a long weekend with friends. The layout suited us very well as one of our party has some mobility issues, so the ground floor walk in shower was great. Spacious bedrooms, good well equipped kitchen and spotlessly clean throughout. If you want somewhere to stay in the Garstang area you won't go wrong with Woodlands.”
- “Perfect base for golf week”
- “This bungalow was perfect for us to use as a base for our golf week. There were 6 male golfers in our group and we were all very pleased with the accommodation. Pamela & John were very friendly and gave us a tour of the facilities explaining where every was and how everything worked. The house was very well maintained with extensive equipment supplied for cooking, cleaning etc. All beds were very comfortable and all rooms were decorated to a very good standard. All towels and bed linen were of a high standard and showers etc were very modern. There are plenty of places to go in the evening only a 10 minute walk away. The food in the main pub in the square was very good. Itching it was called the royal oak.”
- “most enjoyablie stay very clean lots to do very comfy home from home loved it”
- “This house is great. Very modern and very well equipped with everything you could possibly require. The accommodation is great for families. The only downside is that I had two disabled members in my party and although two bedrooms were downstairs it would have been helpful if there had been a hand rail in the shower room and also a step out the patio door to enter the garden. It was quite high for them to get in and out of the patio doors. Apart from that this was a brilliant place to go and I would hesitate to recommend it to anyone.”
- “Stayed before and the owner has made the bungalow even better regarding freshness. In a central location and within easy walking to the town centre. Highly recommended.”
- “Had a warm welcome from the people that owned the house. Was a beautiful house with a lovely garden, lovely set out in the house as well and a lovely town, would definitely go again. Thank you so much for letting us stay.”
- “A great base to explore from; the accommodation was excellent and the garden was excellent for the dog. In all, an excellent property.”
- “What a great well looked after holiday let! The lounge is spacious and warmly and the kitchen with the large dining table was perfect. We were met by the owners upon arrival and they showed us around and made us very welcome. The location is perdext with only a 10 min walk to the town centre where you will find all the pubs and super markets. With the A6 only 2 mins from the property all local attractions are within easy reach.”
- “The owners were very helpful and the accommodation was excellent. I would recommend this property to anybody, many thanks.”
- “It was home from home, everything we really needed was there!”
About the location
Lancaster 11 miles; Morecambe 15 miles.
Garstang is a small town within the Wyre Borough of Lancashire, famous for declaring itself the world's first Fairtrade town. Known locally for its tasty home-grown produce, this small town offers a warm welcome and a wealth of specialist and individual shops where you can pick up a number of treats that you won't find on any supermarket shelf; don't miss the local cheesemonger, Dewlay, for a wedge of fine Lancashire or Garstang Blue cheese! Running right through the centre of the town is the peaceful Lancaster Canal, where you can watch the passing canal boats cruise by and enjoy the abundance of wildlife it supports. The nearby Millennium Green, an area situated on the western bank of the River Wyre, has actually been designated for wildlife conservation and events in the community. Admire the views over the Bowland Hills before enjoying a visit to the High Street, where you will find plenty of pubs, cafes and restaurants in which you can enjoy the local hospitality, or visit Old Holly Farm and the Braedens Pony Trekking Centre, which make for great family days out. The surrounding countryside provides great walking opportunities, whilst the RSPB nature reserves at Leighton Moss and Morecambe Bay are well worth a visit. The Trough of Bowland is nearby, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, while the many varied delights of Blackpool and Morecambe as well as the towns of Lancaster, Kirkby Lonsdale, Kendal and Windermere and the stunning Lake District National Park are all within easy reach, making this a great destination for all the family.