- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A delightful stone-built, terraced cottage situated in an enviable position, overlooking the River Ribble in the market town of Settle.
With lovely views of the river, this Settle cottage offers a welcoming base for a family wishing to explore this part of the Yorkshire Dales.
The comfortable, well-equipped accommodation at this Settle cottage features three attractive bedrooms, a cosy sitting room with warming open fire, a separate dining room, a fitted kitchen, and a bathroom.
Outside this Settle cottage there is a communal lawned area to the front with benches, next to the river, which provides a great spot for relaxing with a good book or simply a place to watch the world go by.
Within walking distance of this Settle cottage are riverside walks, a number of pubs serving fine ales and good food and a railway station.
The whole area provides outstanding opportunities for walking and cycling, plus nearby attractions include the Falconry Centre, Skipton with its castle and four-day market, the Three Peaks and the magnificent, not to be missed Settle to Carlisle Railway line.
The Yorkshire Dales and the Lake District National Parks are both within easy touring distance, making this Settle cottage a superb base at any time of the year.
Three bedrooms: 1 x super king-size double (zip/link - can be twin on request), 1 x double, 1 x single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Utility. Dining room. Sitting room with open fire.
- Gas central heating with open fire in sitting room
- Gas oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer in utility, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair
- Off road parking for two cars in rear yard, additional roadside parking available
- Storage for bikes etc
- Communal lawned area to front of cottage with benches, next to the river
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops and pubs 4 mins walk
- “Excellent base for exploring the Dales and surrounding areas”
- “Clean, comfortable place to stay. The front bedroom has a huge bed in it and overlooks the river. We used it as a base for exploring Settle and the surrounding areas. It's less than 10 minutes to walk into Settle, which has a good selection of pubs, restaurants and tea rooms/cafes and also the scenic Settle to Carlisle railway. You can also walk into the Dales from Settle. We were out everyday walking, exploring the various villages and attractions and at the end of the day we had a snug house to come back to. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here.”
- “Lovely holiday cottage”
- “We had 3 nights here with a friend. The house is lovely and warm and beautifully furnished. Very comfortable and homely house to stay in. The position at the side of the river near the bridge is quiet yet you have easy access to Settle with all it's facilities only afew minutes walk away. Mark the owner is really friendly and helpful. We had a lovely break and will most definitely go again.”
- “A well situated and excellent cottage. We all enjoyed our stay here the facilities provided we excellent and with a good array of information available it gave us just what we wanted.”
- “A lovely weekend in Settle!”
- “The house is in a great location next to the river with easy access across the bridge to the lovely riverside walk, a quick stroll in the other direction has you in the centre of town with all the shops, tea rooms and restaurants you could want. The house is well appointed with a lovely big bed in the master bedroom with a very fluffy duvet. It also has an open fire which was very welcome on a cold & wet Sunday while we were there. A home from home.”
- “Home from Home.”
- “Very friendly owners - lifts to and from station, fresh milk etc for a 'brew' on arrival, plenty of booklets and information leaflets re walks, restaurants, bus timetables, games and films. Cottage is an ideal haven for your return after challenging hill walks, cave tours or gentle strolls along the river and trips to local towns. Everything is at hand both in the cottage and easily reached by foot into Settle centre. We really enjoyed our week and look forward to returning soon.”
- “Dont Settle for less!”
- “House excellent with Mark being an helpful host picking us up from railstation which was virtually on doorstep . Trips easy with or without a car as hills on doorstep. Town really geared to walking and cafes and shops excellent. Very memorable trip with the kids. All in all a great holiday and would thoroughly recommend the house and trips to this area . Mark Falla”
- “Great location and very comfortable accommodation”
- “This is a superb location right by the banks of the River Ribble and a short walk into the centre of Settle. The accommodation was comfortable and the owner very helpful.”
- “Smashing place for a stay in Settle. Nice and cosy, overlooking the river. Easy access into Settle or Giggleswick, both within a 10 minute walk.”
- “The position in the town was great, with easy walking and plenty of room for 4 women. The beds were extremely comfortable, with lovely linen. The lounge & dining rooms were very comfortable and the open fire was very cosy.”
- “The views from the cottage. The ability to set out for a short or long walk right out of the cottage.”
- “The property was in a great position and was spotlessly clean. Everything we needed was there - a real home from home. The owner was also extremely friendly and helpful. Great area for walking and exploring that part of the Dales.”
- “A lovely cottage in a great location, splendid views over the river Ribble, good walks close by, plenty of good eateries and friendly pubs. Booths and Co op. within walking distance for all shopping you may need, a warm welcome from owner made for a most enjoyable holiday , highly recommended.”
- “A lovely cottage in a great location. Splendid views over the River Ribble, good walks near by and plenty of good eateries & friendly pubs. A warm welcome from the owner all made for a most enjoyable holiday.”
- “Very enjoyable stay in the cottage. Excellent location and helpful landlord who welcomed us to the house. Very quiet with lovely views across the river.”
- “The location was excellent. Five minute's walk into Settle and river view. We liked the decor of the house and the spacious rooms. The owner was very helpful and friendly.”
- “Very welcoming hosts, for which nothing was too much trouble. Beautiful house, very quiet location although convenient for town and shops. Excellent in every way.”
- “This was a lovely, spacious, well positioned property with excellent cleanliness throughout.A very helpful, pleasant owner, wouldn't hesitate to recommend or stay again.”
- “Everything lived up to our expectations.”
- “A most convenient and quiet property. Lovely views over the river. Good welcome. Lots of activities locally, with good bus and train services, and a Tuesday market. We hope to return.”
About the location
Malham 6 miles; Skipton 17 miles; Kendal 25 miles.
The bustling market town of Settle lies at the south west rim of the Yorkshire Dales National Park, nestled beside the largest outcrop of limestone in Britain - a region of scars, cliffs, caves and potholes - amongst some of the most picturesque scenery in North Yorkshire. Tuesday is market day in Settle, when the square is filled with stalls offering a wide variety of crafts and goods. The market place is surrounded by local businesses, the centre being dominated by the Shambles, an historic 3-storey building with shops on two levels and houses above, and the Town Hall. There is a good selection of restaurants and pubs and a public swimming pool. The Victoria Hall has entertainment and other activities such as folk nights throughout the year. The famous Settle-Carlisle Railway crosses some of the most beautiful and inspiring upland scenery in the country. Natural attractions such as Malham Cove and Gordale Scar are within easy reach, as are the nearby Dales towns of Skipton and Malham. Settle is in the midst of excellent walking country and is a good base for touring the Dales, the Lake District and the Forest of Bowland.