- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A superbly-presented second floor apartment with coastal views of the Kent Estuary.
Providing spacious contemporary accommodation, this Grange-over-Sands self-catering apartment is ideal for couples seeking a romantic break or families who wish to enjoy the elegant town of Grange-over-Sands and the Lake District National Park.
This stylish Grange-over-Sands apartment has two spacious bedrooms both with contemporary furnishings, and a stylish family bathroom, while the large open plan living area has sloping ceilings and distant views across to the Lancashire coast.
A well-equipped fitted kitchen with dining area completes the inside of this welcoming Grange-over-Sands holiday apartment, while outside there is an established garden area and off road parking.
The charming town of Grange-over-Sands offers individual shops including delicatessens, bakeries, butchers and chocolate shops, so every taste will be well catered for.
A bracing walk along the sea-front promenade from Blawith Point to the station enjoys views across Morecambe Bay.
Just a short distance from the town is Holker Hall, a stately home with 25 acres of gardens surrounded by 200 acres of parkland.
At nearby Flookburgh, the quaint Lakeland Miniature Village, a collection of miniature buildings hand-made out of local slate, can be found.
For the more energetic a walk led by the Queen's official guide to the sands of Morecambe Bay, Cedric Robinson, can be booked in advance through the local tourist information centre.
The South Lakes Wild Animal Park is also a short drive away and a great day out for the family.
With the Lake District within easy reach, this Grange-over-Sands self-catering apartment is a perfect family base any time of year.
All second floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area. Large entrance hall with boot and coat storage.
Gas central heating. Electric oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, WiFi. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot and highchair. Off road parking for 2 cars. Lockable bike storage. Rear garden with decking and furniture. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shops and pub 5 mins walk. Note: Apartment accessed via external metal staircase. Note: Due to steep stairs, this cottage is not recommended for toddlers.
- Last minute
- “GoS is a lovely and beautiful small city with also beautiful sur”
- “On top of the above sentence we want to emphasize that the lake district is really worthwhile visiting, certainly for dutchies coming from a really flat country but also nice visiting. We gave a report to the owner of the house in which we stayed, which was a verypositive experience as well. As total appreciation we are giving as total a 9.”
- “fantastic views, amazing bathroom, large and airy rooms ,brillia”
- “plenty of information on hand on the house and location. Coffee maker tricky to use and no washing machine as advertised. dishwasher wasn't working either but none of these things spoilt our stay. Had you been a family this may have been more important to you. We love Grange for its peace and beauty, wonderful walks , close to all the lakes by car and Grange itself has a fabulous butcher/baker and Chinese takeaway. Fantastic holiday.”
- “A great base to visit all parts of the Lakes and in itself Grange-over-Sands is a lovely place with plenty to do. The flat is beautiful and it truly felt a home from home. I thoroughly recommend it to all!”
- “The flat was gorgeous in every way. Waking up to breathtaking views every day put a smile on your face as did having fresh bread from the local bakery for breakfast! The area is lovely and a good base for exploring, with nice local walks if you didn't feel like driving.”
- “Lovely clean, warm, modern apartment with a lovely view. It was close to all the amenities in Grange and was very quiet and relaxing. Good contact with owner both before and after our stay! It was a super break.”
- “A beautiful, comfortable apartment with every thing you need and more!”
- “Wonderful location, well equipped and beautifully furnished.”
- “Very contemporary apartment very close to all the town amenities with amazing views over Morecambe Bay. It was very comfortable, had Wifi, books & games and was pet free.”
- “An excellent property; the whole family loved it. It was our fourth visit to Grange and the property was a fabulous base for us with spectacular views and a funky design.”
- “A fantastic holiday flat. 5 star for styling, comfort, size of the rooms, large windows and a lot of light. The furnishings were comfortable, situated in a little village and near Lake district.”
- “Location at south edge of the Lakes made everywhere we wanted to visit very accessible. The apartment itself was lovely, with great views out over towards Morecombe Bay. Our 15month old enjoyed running around and playing in the large airy rooms.”
- “Excellent apartment and location. Fantastic views of Morecambe Bay and easy access to South Lakes. Handy shops and places to eat a few hundred yards away.”
- “The apartment was very modern and clean, everything you would need was available in the apartment. The location was very central and the town of Grange-over-Sands was very nice with a variety of shops. The area was a great base for exploring the Lake District and we would definitely stay in the apartment in the future.”
About the location
Cartmel 2 miles; Lake Windermere 8 miles; Kendal 10 miles.
The charming Edwardian resort of Grange-over-Sands is set between the Lake District fells and Morecambe Bay and offers one of the mildest climates in the north of England. Formerly a small fishing village, the introduction of the Furness Railway transformed Grange-over-Sands into a fashionable Edwardian resort. Today, the town has much to offer the visitor including a traffic-free promenade, delightful ornamental gardens, golf courses, brass band concerts and excellent bird watching. Just a short drive away are Lake Windermere (8 miles), the villages of Bowness-on-Windermere and Hawkshead, which still retain the charm and character that has endeared them to so many, and the home of sticky toffee pudding, Cartmel, with its famous racecourse and the L’Enclume restaurant, which has been voted the 4th best restaurant in the UK. Other attractions in the area include Levens Hall, with its Elizabethan Hall and world famous topiary gardens, Sizergh Castle, a National Trust medieval house and gardens, and Conishead Priory, a Gothic revival country house. Set amidst the southern lakes, the attractive town of Grange-over-Sands makes a superb base from which to enjoy the whole of this magical area.