- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This charming end-terrace Victorian house is situated in the elegant town of Grange-over-Sands, on the edge of Grange Fell, within a short drive of the Lake District National Park.
With distant views of Morecambe Bay and beautiful fell walks from the door, this spacious Grange-over-Sands cottage is perfect for large families, friends or walkers who wish to spend time exploring the area.
Set over three floors, this light and airy cottage in Grange-over-Sands has been traditionally furnished with antique features.
This house with unlimited WiFi has six spacious bedrooms, with two offering en-suite facilities, and there are also two family bathrooms.
The large sitting room with an extensive bay window and many original features provides a lovely place to relax with a refreshing drink after a busy day, plus the second sitting room is an ideal room for children.
A fully fitted kitchen with range oven and dining area at this Lake District cottage has the benefit of a woodburning stove to keep the chefs in your party warm whilst they cook something tasty for dinner.
Outside this Grange-over-Sands cottage is a private south-facing lawned garden, from where you can dine alfresco and catch the last of the evening's sun.
This Lake District cottage is set on the Sustrans Cycle Route, which provides easy access to Cistercian Way, and Grange Fell Golf Club is a few minutes' walk away.
Grange-over-Sands is a thriving town with a railway station and many specialist food shops, including an award-winning bakery, butcher and chocolatier.
Home to the sticky toffee pudding and Cartmel Races, the pretty medieval village of Cartmel is just a five minute drive away and boasts pubs, the famous L'Enclume restaurant and a stunning priory.
Lake Windermere is just 8 miles away from this Grange-over-Sands holiday home, from where you can travel by steam boat to the popular towns of Bowness and Ambleside, plus Holker Hall, Levens Hall and Sizergh Castle are all nearby, and Kendal is a 20 minute drive away offering a selection of shops, cafes, museums and an art gallery.
This Grange-over-Sands cottage can be enjoyed at any time of the year.
Over three floors. Six bedrooms, five with TV/Freeview: 1 x second floor family room with 1 double and 1 single, 2 x second floor double, 1 x first floor family room with 3 singles (two are zip/link, can be super king-size double on request), 2 x first floor double with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Second floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. First floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. First floor basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area and woodburning stove. Utility. Sitting room (seats 9) with gas fire. Second sitting room (seats 5) with TV.
Gas central heating with woodburning stove and gas fire. Range cooker with gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer in utility, dishwasher, 7 x TVs with Freeview, WiFi, selection of books, DVDs and games. Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Off road parking for 2 cars and ample roadside parking. Lockable bike storage. Rear lawned garden with patio and furniture. Small rear, enclosed courtyard with furniture. Two well-behaved dogs welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 10 mins walk downhill. Note: Cartmel Races weeks 2015 charged at £1653.
- Last minute
- “Very nice and large house with plenty of room for the 4 family units and 3 generations we had there. Super spot to explore from landlady friendly and helpful guide too.”
- “A cosy and well-equipped house”
- “The house was really well-equipped with good instructions for heating etc. It is a lovely, large house with lots of character, perfect for our big family get-together. An important plus for us was that it was perfect for our 2 labradors too with a big utility room where we could dry them off. Grange-over-Sands was a lovely small town and within easy reach of Windermere which was a great day out despite the rain! The only thing that could have been better about the house itself was the shower in the top floor bathroom - I couldn't get the temperature right at all as it kept going from boiling hot to freezing cold - although I didn't test out any of the other bathrooms. In fact, the bathrooms could do with a bit of a spruce-up. However, that was a minor detail, overall we had a super time!”
- “Excellent, considerate hosting and excellent facilities”
- “The title entry says it all. There were 11 of us staying and we used the house easily with five noisy boys accommodated in one sound-proofed lounge whilst the adults enjoyed peace and quiet either in the other lounge or in the large dining area. Shops are not too far away in Grange and access to the countryside is very easy and the routes to the heart of the Lakes easy too. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, would recommend it and would hope to return soon.”
- “The house was wonderful and absolutely perfect for our group of 14. The owner was really friendly and popped round to check that everything was OK and provided recommendations on walks. It really was a perfect weekend!”
- “A very well equipped house, that felt more like a home. It was brilliant for all ages and very comfortable. The owners were very helpful and friendly. We would book this property again.”
- “Great cottage with plenty of space for a large group of us and very well equipped kitchen.”
- “House ideal for family groups plenty of space. All age groups enjoyed the meeting together.”
- “The house was lovely and cosy with plenty of room for our large party. The utility area at the back of the house was excellent for my 2 dogs and there was plenty of space for wellies, damp coats and washing! The house was always warm and there was plenty of hot water even though the showers were in great demand in the mornings. We really enjoyed Grange over Sands as a destination too.”
About the location
Cartmel 2 miles; Lake Windermere 8 miles; Kendal 10 miles.
The charming Edwardian resort of Grange-over-Sands is set between the Lake District fells and Morecambe Bay and offers one of the mildest climates in the north of England. Formerly a small fishing village, the introduction of the Furness Railway transformed Grange-over-Sands into a fashionable Edwardian resort. Today, the town has much to offer the visitor including a traffic-free promenade, delightful ornamental gardens, golf courses, brass band concerts and excellent bird watching. Just a short drive away are Lake Windermere (8 miles), the villages of Bowness-on-Windermere and Hawkshead, which still retain the charm and character that has endeared them to so many, and the home of sticky toffee pudding, Cartmel, with its famous racecourse and the L’Enclume restaurant, which has been voted the 4th best restaurant in the UK. Other attractions in the area include Levens Hall, with its Elizabethan Hall and world famous topiary gardens, Sizergh Castle, a National Trust medieval house and gardens, and Conishead Priory, a Gothic revival country house. Set amidst the southern lakes, the attractive town of Grange-over-Sands makes a superb base from which to enjoy the whole of this magical area.