- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A lovely semi-detached cottage on the edge of the pretty village of Great Urswick overlooking the beautiful tarn.
This charming Lake District cottage provides warm, welcoming accommodation, including a delightful sitting room with dining summer room, a spacious kitchen and lovely bedrooms, one with delightful views across the tarn.
Enjoy a relaxing afternoon in the pretty garden, take a pleasant stroll around the tarn or visit one of the renowned local pubs.
From the doorstep there are extensive walking opportunities, including Birkrigg Common, which enjoys wonderful views across Ulverston, the nearby Lake District Fells and the Furness estuary.
The Cumbrian Way is also close by, offering excellent walking, cycling and nature-watching opportunities.
The festival town of Ulverston is just two miles away, hosting many pubs and restaurants, whilst the sandy beaches of the Furness coast, Windermere and Coniston, with mountain biking, climbing and water sports, are within a short drive.
An idyllic Great Urswick cottage, ideal at any time of the year.
Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin & WC. Large fitted kitchen. Sitting room with delightful fireplace housing coal effect electric fire, leading to dining summer room.
Gas central heating with electric fire. Gas hob, electric oven & microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, Blu-ray/DVD/CD player. Fuel & power inc. in rent. Bed linen & towels inc. in rent. Cot & highchair on request. Off road parking for one car, ample roadside parking. Lockable bike storage in outdoor hut. Small front garden, rear patio area with furniture & BBQ. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shops 2 miles, pubs & restaurant 2 mins walk.
- “Felt like home!”
- “Cape Landing was a perfect home away from home! It was the perfect location for our home base during our visit to England from Canada this past august! The cottage had everything we needed! It is quiet, comfortable and welcoming”
- “We had a great time”
- “A very relaxing holiday, all that was needed was found in the cottage.”
- “HOME FROM HOME”
- “Our stay at this cottage was lovely. Very secluded. Just big enough for two, or maybe 2 and a child. There is everything you need here. Lovely area. Owners very contactible and neighbours friendly.”
- “We would love to return”
- “This is a great cottage with superb facilities and pretty much all you need. We loved this place and hope to return sometime, the owners seem to have thought of most things that poeple might need even down to local maps and walking books which were really useful. The setting is amazing just a few metres away from a tarn. This is a great location in a small peaceful village with a gastro pub within walking distance. The lakes are only a short drive away and there is fantastic walking country on the doorstep. The only disapointing thing was no wifi.”
- “Caope Landings a good experience.”
- “Cape Landings was easy to find and a good centre foe exploring the Lake District. It was comfortable and well equipped. View of Tarn downstairs was a bit spoilt by neighbours tree.upstairs view beautiful. Shame cottege opposite had scaffolding up and workman which spoilt the view and a bit disturbing first thing. But not owners fault.”
- “tarn cottage great”
- “good cottage, good location, well equiped, very good and helpfull neighbour, just needed sun loungers to make it complete, we found good food and drink a short walk away and loads more a short drive away,”
- “A lovely peaceful location and a very comfortable cottage away from the "tourist traps," and it was convenient for touring the area.”
- “Beautiful secluded position in charming village.”
- “A well appointed property and was of a very high standard. Well done to the owners.”
- “A lovely location for a holiday near the Lakes. The property was very nice and would recommend staying there.”
- “The standard of the property - furnishings, décor and equipment was excellent - I don't think the brochure does it justice. Good location for both local walks and exploring the Lake District. Overall an excellent break.”
About the location
Ulverston 3 miles.
Great Urswick, with its two characterful pubs, including 16th century restaurant and 12th century church, is a hidden gem, a lovely village just three miles to the south of Ulverston. Great Urswick and its neighbour, Little Urswick, lie on opposite sides of the same tarn. The tarn is a wonderful wildlife habitat with a whole host of water birds occupying its sheltered corner. Birkrigg Stone Circle is one of several prehistoric settlement sites in the surrounding countryside. Locally, the start of the Haematite and Cumbrian Way footpaths can be found. Nearby Ulverston is an ancient market town, which still holds a street market every Thursday and Saturday, with facilities including a wide range of shops, pubs and restaurants, a cinema and a leisure centre. All of the attractions of the Lake District National Park are easily reached, with the Furness Coast boasting sandy beaches and good birdwatching. Windermere and Coniston are also within easy reach, and nearby family attractions include the Haverthwaite and Lakeside Steam Railway, the South Lakes Safari Zoo, Muncaster Castle and the Aquarium of the Lakes.