- Four poster bed
- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Cartmel 1 mile. Dating back to the early 19th Century, these three Cartmel cottages are situated on the magnificent Longlands country house estate, on the fringes of the village of Cartmel in the Lake District. Occupying a commanding position at the foot of Hampsfell hills with sweeping views across the Cartmel valley and approached via a private driveway through beautiful parkland, these three Cartmel cottages are sure to impress with their grandeur and charm. Tucked away behind the main house, these three Cartmel cottages have been created out of what was originally the servants’ quarters and the stable blocks. Longlands has a superb walled kitchen-garden overflowing with the freshest natural produce just waiting to be explored and enjoyed. These three Cartmel cottages offer the perfect base for exploring the Lake District and Cumbria and a warm welcome will be extended to all.
A detached former coach house, this Cartmel cottage is located next to the walled kitchen-garden and is surrounded by beautiful grounds and established trees. With open plan accommodation and a feature fireplace, this Cartmel cottage is the perfect base to return to after an exciting day exploring the region. Upstairs, the jewel in the crown of this Cartmel cottage is the exceptional four poster bed, complete with drapes, and the en-suite bathroom containing a lovely roll-top bath. Note: This cottage is next to Refs 10306 and 10308 and together they accommodate 6 people.
One four poster double bedroom with en-suite free-standing bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with gas fire. External utility.
- Electric heaters with gas fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, shared use of laundry in external utility, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair and stairgate by request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Shared use of gardens with furniture
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Shop and pub 1 mile
- Note: This cottage will offer short breaks (at 75% of the weekly rate for 3 nights) bookable at any time of the year, starting on a Friday or a Monday only
- Note: Cartmel Races weeks 2015 charged at £495.
- Last minute
- “longlands cottages,Stress free weekend, self catering at its best”
- “The Game Keeper's Retreat, Longlands at Cartmel Sleeps two, with separate kitchen. Ideal for the dog , we've been visiting here for fifteen years now and it just gets better with time. With huge gardens to walk the dog and everything you need on arrival. The cottage was spotlessly clean and we didn't have to ask for anything once, living in the old cottage atmosphere with all of the modern luxuries combined with the newly refurbished kitchen and two person bath / shower room and the fantastic king sized bed. If you want to take the beloved dogs then this is the place for us, the most pet friendly hotel in the Lakes without the usual hassles associated with weekend breaks. The newly rebuilt barn is a feature on its own just adds character to the place and the addition of the new greenhouses and conservatory will just add even more character to the fantastic walled Edwardian Kitchen Garden. A great location for a base to explore the south Lakes with excellent amenities and super food at the nearby Derby Arms in Lindale....cant wait until our next visit...............................”
- “Cartmel Coach House”
- “Great place to go to chill out, especially if you have dogs. The owner is a gentleman and very helpful in all matters holiday. One of the most relaxing Holidays weve had in years”
- “Excellent cosy and pet friendly”
- “If my saint bernard and labrador could write they would say the same as us Excellent cosy accommadation stunning location ideal for walks in the country side but not to far from cartmel town.The walled garden was stunning and the owner was very helpful and friendly”
- “The Coach House was all I ever thought a cottage should be. It was absolutely beautiful and it was in the most beautiful setting. I just cannot put into words just how perfect this cottage was and I really appreciate the owners allowing me to rent it for a short while. The weekend will stay with me and my wife to be for the rest of our lives. Thanks a million.”
- “A very quiet and relaxing location with easy access to attractions but remote enough to be out of the hustle and bustle. The cottage was great for my solo break but equally good for a couple. The bed was very comfortable and the roll top bath a real luxury.”
- “The owner was very welcoming and helpful. It was in a perfect location for walks and the site is very dog friendly!”
- “A lovely detached cottage which was located in its own grounds and gardens in a very quiet and peaceful place. The cottage was quite spacious but also cosy and had a lovely 4 poster bed in the large bedroom. On the whole I had a wonderful holiday.”
- “Liked the setting of the property, the relaxed atmosphere and the friendliness of the staff. We found it perfect for the dog who could roam around the gardens. Lots of easy walks and ease of access to the A590 to go to other destinations.”
- “Completely dog friendly with walks straight from the cottage, yet only 1 mile from the beautiful village of Cartmel.”
- “We had a fantastic time. The cottage was lovely, cosy and homely and the grounds really fabulous. We loved the feeling of freedom. The countryside around the cottage is stunning, with a fell right out of the back gate which we climbed every day for views over the estuary on one side and over to the Conniston mountains on the other. The dog loved it - so much space to run around! It was perfect for us and we will be booking again next year. The perfect break and just what we needed!”
- “This is our second time at this property this year, and I think that speaks volumes. We always have a good relaxing holiday here.”
- “Our second time at Longlands estate, and once again, a delightful, peaceful, and very comfortable stay.”
About the location
Grange-over-Sands 2 miles; Bowness on Windermere 12 miles.
The historic, South Lakeland village of Cartmel is renowned as the prettiest village in the Lake District. The Priory Church, one of the finest ecclesiastical buildings in the north of England, remains the heart of the community with its gatehouse forming the entrance to the village. The village features pretty streamside walks, quaint cobbled streets littered with antique shops, a charming gift shop, welcoming, traditional pubs serving real ale, the nationally acclaimed, Michelin Star awarded L'Enclume restaurant, and the Cartmel Village shop, which sells the famous sticky toffee pudding. Take advantage of excellent walking opportunities amidst beautiful, unspoilt countryside, visit The National Hunt Racecourse, Campbell Legend Bluebird Exhibition, Lakeland Motor Museum and Holker Hall with its spectacular gardens, all of which are close by. The quiet seaside retreat of Grange-over-Sands, with its Edwardian buildings and mountain backdrop, is a mere 2 miles away, whilst Windermere, with its panoramic views over England's longest lake, is within a fifteen minute drive. A superb holiday destination, at any time of year.