- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightful and immaculately-presented cottage, attached to the owners' home in the small hamlet of Hale, which is close to the town of Milnthorpe, on the edge of the Lake District National Park.
Luxuriously appointed throughout to provide beautiful accommodation, this Cumbria cottage is perfect for couples.
The cottage backs onto open woodlands and also has uninterrupted panoramic views from the front across countryside.
Your holiday cottage has a spacious bedroom with a dressing room, and a shower room.
The open plan living area exudes quality and style, with a well-equipped fitted kitchen and delightful sitting area with a charming woodburning stove.
Outside your Cumbria cottage is a patio area, which enjoys far-reaching views.
The pretty village of Beetham nearby has a pub serving food and an excellent garden centre.
Within a few minutes' drive are the pretty villages of Arnside and Silverdale, both designated Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty with fantastic coastal walks and spectacular scenery.
Arnside is a popular village, with a viaduct across the estuary to Grange-over-Sands - an interesting train journey across Morecambe Bay.
It also has an excellent fish and chip restaurant.
Golf courses are on offer at Silverdale, Kirkby Lonsdale and Windermere.
With beautiful Lake Windermere within 30 minutes' drive, the bustling towns of Bowness-on-Windermere and Ambleside are favourite destinations to sample local food shops and cafes.
Situated on the shore of the lake, you can hire rowing boats or take a cruise on the Windermere steamer.
A car ferry also runs across the lake to Hawkshead and Far Sawrey, the home of Beatrix Potter.
This Cumbria cottage is a perfect base, any time of the year.
One king-size double bedroom with dressing room. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, DVD, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car, additional roadside parking outside property
- Gravelled patio area
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 3 miles (local garage selling provisions 1 mile), pub 5 mins walk
- Note: No infants or children.
- Last minute
- “Beautiful Cottage in an ideal location in the lakes.”
- “The cottage was comfortable and well equipped. We had a lovely welcome from owners who were very friendly and had lots of good tips for us on days out and places to eat. The cottage is in an ideal location and is of a very high standard. Had a wonderful stay and will book to go back again.”
- “The best cottage ever.....home from home”
- “We arrived at the cottage and instantly it was home from home. The owners welcomed us and shown us around the cottage. The cottage is well equipped and within easy driving distance from pubs, shops, attractions. We would highly recommend to others. The cottage should be a 5*. The gardens, scenery, nature all add to a perfect stay. Cannot fault this and wale will be returning here to the cottage :-) we truly loved it and cannot express this enough.”
- “Everything you could want”
- “When we arrived we were met by the owner who showed us around the accommodation, she gave us some useful information about the local area and was full of knowledge on places to go, things to see and do. This cottage offers everything you could want. It is very comfortable, the owners are very helpful without being intrusive. There are some lovely walks from the doorstep. It is a great base from which to explore the area. We would definitely recommend to family and friends.”
- “Great break over Christmas”
- “Spent a lovely few days in this very comfortable cottage over the Christmas period. The cottage is very well equipped and beautifully decorated with the added bonus of a great wood burner. Heather and Ian - the owners - couldn't have been more helpful and welcoming. The cottage was festively dressed for the season which was very much appreciated. We would heartily recommend this cottage and look forward to a return stay.”
- “Sweet cottage”
- “Very sweet cottage ,in lovely area. Friendly & helpful owners. Everything really clean & cottage nicely decorated in restful shades. Cottage is within walking distance of a pub serving food & there is another good pub in the next village. Easy driving distance to many of the attractions of the lake District.”
- “Fabulous cottage in a fantastic location”
- “Gamekeeper Cottage was extremely well presented and comfortable and fixtures and fittings were of a high standard. The couple who own the cottage live next door and were extremely welcoming and helpful about what to see and do in the area without being intrusive. The view from the table in the garden was spectacular and an evening glass of wine overlooking the valley finished off some lovely days for us. The cottage was in a perfect location to access both the Lake District and other surrounding areas. A visit to Carnforth to the station where Brief Encounter was filmed is a must.”
- “Perfect haven in our storm”
- “The owners were extremely obliging as we did not know when we would arrive due to bereavment. They could not not have done more for us. The cottage was everything we wanted, private, clean and luxurious and the views (even from the bed) were outstanding. At our age we want those little touches that were provided for us. We will definately be back under better circumstances and explore the wonderful surroundings - although in this cottage you have to force yourself to go out!”
- “Everything was perfect inside and out of the cottage and we had a fantastic holiday, made even better by the kindness of the owners.”
- “A gorgeous cottage with friendly and hospitable owners. We had a lovely stay.”
- “Liked everything from the moment of arrival to the time we departed.”
- “The owners were so helpful and the cottage was wonderful.”
- “Quiet position, excellent views.”
- “The cottage was beautiful and in an ideal location for a holiday in the Lakes. The cottage was to a very high standard and had everything you could ever need. We would definitely book to go back and would recommend the cottage to others. A very enjoyable holiday.”
- “The cottage was immaculate with everything you needed, a perfect getaway!”
- “Gamekeepers Cottage is very cosy and owner is very helpful.”
- “The location and views from the garden were wonderful. The owners gave us a warm welcome. They had thought of everything to make our holiday very special. They ensured that the bird table was topped up so that we could enjoy the variety of bird life. Nothing was left to chance.”
- “The holiday cottage was excellent, cosy, clean and very well appointed. It was in easy reach of all the areas we wanted to visit. The owners of the property were warm, kind and very helpful.”
- “This cottage was outstanding. It was immaculately clean and welcoming. Everything in the cottage was quality and it is very tastefully decorated.”
- “The most perfect girls weekend away, great location and amazing cottage!”
About the location
Milnthorpe 2.5 miles; Arnside 5 miles; Kendal 11 miles.
Situated in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty on the southern fringe of Cumbria, is the small hamlet of Hale, 2.5 miles south of the market town of Milnthorpe. There are a local pub, leisure facilities, limestone pavements and the Lakeland Wildlife Oasis, offering a tropical hall and butterfly house. The nearby town of Milnthorpe offers narrow lanes, historic buildings, a range of shops and a weekly market. Set in lovely rolling countryside the area has much to offer, with Dallam Tower and Levens Hall (historic and beautiful stately homes with their deer parks, topiary and ornamental gardens), providing a great day out for visitors. Sizergh Castle, Leighton Hall, the Great Lakes Aquarium, Windermere and Grizedale Forest are all within easy reach and well worth a visit.