- Off road parking
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A fabulous second floor apartment above what was once a thriving draper's shop in the centre of the busy little town of Haltwhistle. This attractive, neatly-presented Haltwhistle self-catering apartment has everything a visitor could wish for after a long day exploring this beautiful region. There is a contemporary, spacious sitting room with dining area and a 43" wall-mounted television; simply kick off your walking boots and take your pick of the two squishy sofas to rest your weary legs. The compact kitchen in this Haltwhistle self-catering apartment has everything required to rustle up a great meal, whilst the mezzanine level king-size bedroom beckons your head towards the pillows and a peaceful night's sleep. This Haltwhistle self-catering apartment is situated on the main street of the town, just a few minutes' walk from an abundance of local shops and pubs. This Halthwhistle self-catering apartment is also close to excellent walking, fishing and cycling, and is only a mile from Hadrian's Wall, the most popular tourist attraction in Northern England. A little further afield are the delights of the Heritage Coast, NT Cragside at Rothbury, Alnwick Castle and gardens, and Holy Island. A perfect Haltwhistle self-catering apartment for couples wishing to explore this lovely area. Note: This Haltwhistle holiday property can be booked with Refs. 10034 and 10035 to accommodate 6 people.
All second floor. One mezzanine level king-size double bedroom. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and electric fire.
- Gas central heating with electric fire in sitting area
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washer/dryer, 43" TV with Freeview, DVD, Nintendo Wii and 1 game, stereo/CD, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops and pubs 1 min walk.
- Last minute
- “Great location, very comfortable apartment & friendly owners”
- “I visit the Hardrians Wall area frequently. Haltwhistle is a great town to base out of. The apartment I rented was perfect. It was clean, comfortable, fully outfitted and well located. The owners Ian and Stella were excellent hosts starting with a welcome bottle of wine and chocolates. I plan to rent from them again.”
- “Central location to tour Hadrian's wall”
- “We completed a hiking tour of Hadrian's wall. Haltwhistle is centrally located close to the wall and with all the amenities needed, train, bus, information, pubs, food, and restaurants. Great apartment, clean and a very helpful owner. Quiet, we rented the top floor. Located mid town, across from the bus stop.”
- “Perfect accommodation, perfect location”
- “I can't rate this flat highly enough. From the moment we set foot in it it was perfect in every way. The attention to detail was excellent and the property only lacked a garden but then as we were out every day until well into the evening we did not need a garden. The central position of the property in the town means that you are a stones throw from grocery stores, pubs and restaurants. If you are here to walk you can walk from the door to numerous places but best of all is the river and gorge just a few minutes walk away and you can walk from there to Hadrians Wall and beyond.”
- “Very good clean tidy and warm.”
- “Owners very helpful upon arrival, nicely furnished and central position. The permanetly "on" fire escape light was a bit annoying.”
- “Comfortable and Convenient”
- “This is a second floor flat situated right in the middle of Haltwhistle. It is extremely convenient for excursions into the countryside with both train and bus services from the town. There are also shops and places to eat very close by. The flat itself is very welcoming, it is spacious and well decorated and maintained and the quality of its fitments high. The comfortable bed and luxurious settees are most welcome after walks in the great outdoors and the availability of WiFi much appreciated. Its situation on the main street inevitably means there is some noise but this did not cause us any problems.”
- “Fantastic pet friendly apartment in the centre of the country”
- “We spent a week at the Old Drapery and absolutely loved it. The accommodation was clean, modern and very spacious. The welcome was very warm (included bottle of wine and box of chocolates) and they could not have been more helpful. It's central location in Haltwhistle - in the centre of the country - was great. There was loads of information on what to do and where to go - espcially if you want to explore 'The Wall' which is only a stone's throw away. Highly recommended.”
- “Nice place; handy for Hadrian's Wall.”
- “Nice loft flat that's very handy for Hadrian's Wall. Makes a good base for folks with 2 cars doing point-to-point walks. The flat is much better than the entrance way and hallways. Nicely furnished and the kitchen is well-equipped. My one complaint is that the taps in the kitchen and bathroom are very cheaply finished. The bathroom sink and shower both leaked from our arrival. Overall, very handy for the local grocery store and pubs. Haltwhistle itself is lacking in depth in restaurants and pubs, but there is a very handy chip shop just down the High Street. "The Milecastle Inn" is a very nice pub just 3 miles away, on the Military Road, that does good food.”
- “The apartment was very luxurious with gorgeous views.”
- “The location of the property made for easy access to Northumberland National Park, the Lake District, Scotland and the Yorkshire Dales. The property itself was brilliant and couldn't be faulted, it was spacious, bright and really modern with all you need and more for a relaxing stay. Also a lovely welcome from the owners.”
About the location
Hexham 17 miles.
Known as the 'Centre of Britain' this small market town is a great place from which to explore both Northumberland and Cumbria. Haltwhistle boasts a good range of shops and pubs - one of which, The Black Bull, is a real ale pub serving good food! There is an excellent leisure centre with heated open air swimming pool and cycle hire in the town, with pony trekking nearby. One of the best preserved stretches of Hadrian's Wall is only a mile to the north with various museums, forts and milecastles to be seen. There is even an ongoing 'dig' at the nearby site of Vindolanda. This truly is magnificent walking, riding and cycling country, with the Pennine Way and various bridleways and cycle routes passing rivers, forests, castles and of course, Hadrian's Wall. Visitors will enjoy this location in all weather and all seasons – a regular train and bus service from the town to Newcastle, The Metro Centre and Carlisle, means that you can leave the car behind and enjoy!