- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
Bowness-on-Windermere 1 mile. The Studio at Lickbarrow Lodge gives guests a unique opportunity to stay in a country house designed and built during the Arts and Crafts era, situated in the heart of the Lake District National Park, on the edge of the village of Bowness-on-Windermere. Luxuriously appointed to provide compact but beautiful accommodation, this Bowness-on-Windermere cottage is perfect for couples wishing to stay somewhere extra special but still have access to all the amenities available in Bowness-on-Windermere, just a 25 minute walk via the Dalesway footpath. The little extras included by the owners - fluffy bathrobes and towels, chocolates and toiletries - add to the charm of this splendid studio. The ground floor accommodation in this Bowness cottage has been thoughtfully appointed whilst maintaining the simple design and fine craftsmanship of the house. There is an open plan living area including a double bed, mini-kitchen, dining table and sitting area. A woodburning stove provides additional heating and a cosy focal point, while French doors open to an enclosed private courtyard, which catches the afternoon and evening sun. Set within 5 acres of woodland there is plenty of space to wander through the grounds and discover hidden pathways and secluded glades. The garden has views of Coniston Old Man, Crinkle Crags, Bowfell and the Langdale Pikes and, just a short walk away, there are local viewpoints offering magnificent Lakeland panoramas and stunning mountain sunsets. Many guests like to stroll down to Bowness-on-Windermere on a fine evening, enjoy the local restaurants and then take a short taxi ride back. Guests can take the Lakeland Steamer and cruise up Lake Windermere to Ambleside or down to Lakeside and the Haverthwaite steam railway. The owner is a local guide and provides lots of maps, guides and route-cards for the best Lakeland walks and tours by car. This Bowness-on-Windermere cottage is an ideal romantic base anytime of the year.
All ground floor. Open plan studio accommodation with double bed, mini-kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove and French doors to gravelled area. Shower room with shower, basin and WC.
Oil central heating with woodburning stove. Microwave combi oven, electric hob with two rings, fridge, TV with Freeview, DVD, iPod dock, radio, WiFi. Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent. Bed linen, bathrobes, towels and toiletries inc. in rent. Ample off road parking. Gravelled courtyard with garden furniture. Access to owners' extensive grounds. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 10 mins walk. Note: Fresh flowers and champagne can be pre-arranged with the owners for an extra charge. Note: Babes-in-arms only.
- Last minute
- “Lovely stay in Lakeland”
- “After reading the books by alfred Wainwright we decided that we had to climb the fells in the Lakes District. We definitely picked the best place to stay. The Studio was well located for our needs, a delightful accommodation with everything needed for a couple and great hosts in adrian, Liz and their son Rory. We are planning to revisit the area and climb more fells and definitely will be staying at The Studio.”
- “We found it quirky and secluded with easy access to Windermere. It was very quiet with beautiful scenery. Would definitely go back.”
- “It was very comfortable and in a lovely setting away from the crowds. We had everything that we needed for a restful break.”
- “We had a fab week here, the owners were very welcoming, and The Studio was fab with everything we needed. A great location with excellent mountain biking routes from the front door, will definitely be returning!”
- “A very compact quirky little studio apartment. In a lovely location and the guide information provided by the host was very welcome and well used.”
- “Very comfortable studio accommodation and a very helpful & friendly host - a great New Year holiday.”
- “Excellent position for visiting the Lake District both for walking and touring. Very helpful and friendly hosts, we would come back again.”
- “Lovely studio, very well equipped and many thoughtful touches. Definitely recommend to friends and family!”
- “The holiday provided us with peace and quiet after a hectic Christmas with the family. An ideal place to enjoy the walks and scenery.”
- “The owners were very helpful. The room was really cosy and very warm. Very powerful shower. In general, great standard. We loved the wood burner.”
About the location
BOWNESS & WINDERMERE
Ambleside 5 miles.
The vibrant twin towns of Bowness and Windermere hold enduring appeal for many visitors to the Lake District, both providing a range of attractions, amenities, shops and restaurants to suit all tastes. Boat trips are available from Bowness to Ambleside and Lakeside, where the Lakeside Aquarium and the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway are situated. Orrest Head, where Alfred Wainwright was inspired to write his series of iconic guidebooks, is a 15-minute walk away and Brockhole, which offers tree top experiences is only one mile away. There are also a variety of watersports on offer for the more energetic. Bowness and Windermere are ideally situated for exploring all that this region has to offer; they are within easy reach of destinations such as Langdale, Beatrix Potter’s Hill Top House at Sawrey, Grasmere, Coniston Water, Grizedale Forest Park, with its delightful walks and famous outdoor sculptures, mountain biking and the Go Ape adventure park, Ullswater, Kendal, Keswick, as well as the Lakeland Mountains, including England's highest, Scafell Pike.