- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Burton-in-Kendal 1.3 miles. An outstanding, detached cottage, originally the gate lodge for Curwen Woods Estate, set within the estate grounds with beautiful views across the estate, near Burton-in-Kendal, 30 minutes’ drive from Windermere in the beautiful Lake District. From the superb country surroundings to the high-quality fixtures and fittings including a super king-size bed, Jacuzzi bath, wooden floors and designer kitchen, this Burton-in-Kendal cottage is perfect for a family holiday or a romantic break. This beautiful Burton-in-Kendal cottage has contemporary styling which will delight every guest, including a superb open plan living area, three excellent bedrooms and three bathrooms. Outside this Burton-in-Kendal cottage is a large gravelled area, and guests have access to the extensive surrounding parkland. Nestling under Farleton Knott, this superb Burton-in-Kendal cottage has fabulous walks from the front door, and within 30 minutes’ drive is the beautiful Lake District, just waiting to be explored. The market town of Kirkby Lonsdale is 8 miles away and has a host of excellent restaurants and specialist shops, as well as being the gateway into the Yorkshire Dales. This superb Burton-in-Kendal cottage is a wonderful base at any time of the year.
Three bedrooms: 1 x super king-size double with TV and en-suite shower, basin and WC, 2 x twin. Bathroom with Jacuzzi bath, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with gas fire. Utility.
Gas central heating with gas fire. Electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towel inc. in rent. Ample off road parking. Front gravelled area with furniture, access to estate parkland. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 2 miles. Note: Tennis court available at small cost by arrangement with owner. Note: No stag/hen parties. Note: Max 4 adults. Note: No children under 5.
Note: Max 4 adults.
Note: No children under 5yrs.
- Last minute
- “Great views, great property and great owners, we will be back.”
- “The Lodge and surrounding areas were beautiful, we had a perfect relaxing stay. The Lodge is well situated for The Lakes, Yorkshire and Lancashire. A fantastic size for families with a very well equipped kitchen. We hope to stay again very soon.”
- “The Lodge is extremely private and set in beautiful surroundings. The house is perfectly decorated to a high standard and spacious, suitable for all age groups. The owners could not be more helpful or friendly and I would recommend to anyone looking for a totally relaxing break.”
- “The Lodge is a top quality property in all respects and it was interesting to see that the owner had responded to the comments made by previous guests and provided the items suggested.”
- “The Lodge certainly has the wow factor, having been refurbished in a modern style to a very high standard. It is handily placed for access to the Southern Lakes but also Kirkby, Lonsdale, Lancaster and so on. Highly recommended, we hope to go back.”
About the location
Kirkby Lonsdale 7 miles; Kendal 12 miles.
A small, traditional Cumbrian village set in beautiful countryside and ideally placed for exploring Southern Lakeland, the Yorkshire Dales and the peaceful Forest of Bowland. The village has a Post Office/general store, a butcher and a pub that serves good food. It lies 7 miles from the lovely old market town of Kirkby Lonsdale, and 12 miles from Kendal, the gateway to the Lake District. There is easy access to many areas of interest, with the historic city of Lancaster and the seaside resorts of Morecambe and Blackpool all within easy reach. The acclaimed RSPB wildfowl reserve of Leighton Moss is only 4 miles away, while Morecambe Bay is also famous for birdwatching. Other locations well worth a visit are the villages of Silverdale and Arnside (overlooking the beautiful Kent Estuary), Ingleton, Settle and Clapham. Levens Hall (famous topiary) and medieval Sizergh Castle with a beautiful garden are nearby. Good pubs and restaurants are also abound in the area. There is plenty of good walking nearby, and golf, fishing and riding are all available locally.