- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A single-storey Hornby cottage apartment, located above the owner's Post Office in the pretty village of Hornby, situated between north Lancashire, the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales.
This warm and cosy Hornby cottage offers guests a spacious sitting room with open fire, a modern well equipped kitchen and three pretty bedrooms, ideal for any Hornby self-catering cottage.
A small garden to the rear with patio furniture offers a tranquil area to sit, and the owner can provide guests with breakfast or afternoon tea in the tea room below the apartment.
This Hornby cottage is set in a delightful unspoilt area ideal for exploring both the Yorkshire Dales and the Lake District National Parks, with great walking and cycling routes available.
The town of Ingleton is around a 15-minute drive away, and offers waterfall walks and the Three Peaks of Penyghent, Whernside and Ingleborough, offering a challenge to walkers of all abilities.
The Lake District can also be accessed in half an hour, taking you to the heart of some of the most spectacular lakes, mountains and countryside in Britain.
A great location whatever the time of year.
All first floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin, 1 x single. Bathroom with bath with shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with open fire. Note: The accommodation is accessed from the rear of the building via an internal staircase with 14 steps.
- Gas central heating with open fire
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer in outside store, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio/CD player, library of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Roadside parking for two cars plus free car park nearby
- Bike storage available
- Small garden and patio area with furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops and pubs 1 min walk.
- Last minute
- “Great week to relax and unwind away from it all”
- “The apartment was clean, spacious and comfortable with the added bonus of a real fire for those cold autumnal nights. Comfortably slept a family of five and made an excellent base for us to visit family in Lancashire. Enjoyed our visits to Lancaster, Clitheroe and Skipton - and all in between!”
- “Post office hornby Lancashire”
- “Just come back after 4 night break. Accommodation was more than adequate and owners were very friendly and informative. We stayed with friends who were staying there for a week. The institute 2 minute walk had wii fi and dance classes held on a Tuesday evening so take your dance shoes. Lovely walks by the.river. We had lovely coffees at the castle inn as well. Local butchers and village shop. The post office has a cafe and make the most delicious scones. It has a lot of visitors and is always busy so so take a loom even if you don't stay. We visited the bird of prey sanctuary as well as Casterton golf course both to play 18 or 9 holes of golf or the par 3. But most of all have something to eat. The staff are so friendly and helpful too. We went to Carnforth station to the heritage centre which was cry interesting as Brief Encounter was filmed there. There is a bakery there as well as a restaurant. We also visited Silverdale golf course for a meal and to look at the course. All mentioned well worth a visit.”
- “Comfortable flat in a good location”
- “We had an enjoyable wek in this comfortable flat - the owners were friendly and helpful. The village is well located between Lancaster and Kirkby Lonsdale with general stores and butcher as well as a good pub.”
- “Great location, very scenic yet good amenities in village. Great walks from front door along river and up fells. Excellent bus services to Lancaster and dales and for linear walks. Friendly helpful owners.”
- “The lodging was very nice indeed. Everything clean, good condition and tidy. Enjoyed our stay and will probably book the same place again.”
- “We've been here before. This property is a very spacious, cosy base for a weekend away. The owners will do anything to make you feel welcome and the whole atmosphere is one of a 'home away from home.'”
- “The owners of this property were lovely and very helpful. It was great being above the post office and teashop - the children loved the ice cream in the teashop! This part of the country was stunning and there was lots to do.”
- “Plenty of space within the property and storage, good location, lovely village.”
About the location
Kirkby Lonsdale 7 miles; Ingleton 9 miles.
The quiet village of Hornby, in the lovely Lune Valley, is bordered by the famous Lake District to the north, and the Yorkshire Dales to the east. A delightful village, set on an old pack-horse route, Hornby is situated close to where the River Wenning joins the River Lune. Hornby Castle is set on a high hill overlooking the river and is known as the subject of one of Turner's best-loved paintings. Consisting of a scattering of traditional houses, a beautiful Anglican church, two pubs and a local Post Office with tearoom, there are several 'undiscovered' quiet walks around the village and other, more frequented walks and places of interest close by. Nearby Kirkby Lonsdale is a popular town, with the Old Devil's Bridge a delightful spot to stop for a coffee beside the River Lune, while a number of antique shops and curios can be found in the town, along with an excellent selection of restaurants and pubs. 'Ruskin's View' can also be accessed from Kirkby Lonsdale, where you may walk in the famous artist’s footsteps and experience the views that inspired him.