- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightful stone-built, detached cottage situated within the grounds of the owners' home, in the small village of Winskill, seven miles from Penrith. Lovingly restored and individually styled, this Penrith cottage has been transformed from a former farm building to provide a perfect base for couples on a romantic retreat or for the single traveller. Full of character and charm, this single-storey Penrith cottage offers an open plan living area with small sitting area and cosy woodburner, a dining area and a well-equipped kitchen. Adjoining the living area and completing the accommodation at this Cumbrian cottage is a delightful double bedroom with en-suite shower room. Outside this Penrith cottage is a patio area with furniture, plus the area provides an array of interesting walks, excellent cycling and good touring opportunities. The market town of Penrith has a good selection of shops, pubs and restaurants, as well as a swimming pool and cinema, and further afield is the Lake District National Park. Close to this Winskill cottage lies the C2C Cycle Route and the Hartside Summit Stage of the 2015 Tour of Britain, whilst a short drive away are Appleby, Keswick and the magnificent lakes of Ullswater and Haweswater. This lovely Penrith cottage is an ideal base for discovering this lovely area of the Eden Valley.
All ground floor. One double bedroom with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner.
Electric central heating with woodburner in sitting area. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine and tumble dryer in owners' utility, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Additional fuel for woodburner on an honesty box basis. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot and highchair. Off road parking for 2 cars. Lockable bike storage. Patio area with furniture. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 2 miles. Note: The owners live in the house opposite (10 yards away).
Note: Up until 5th January 2016, this property accepts one well-behaved dog. From 5th January 2016, the property will be pet-free.
Note: Seven night bookings can only be taken from Friday to Friday.
- Last minute
- “Fantastic cottage with friendly hosts”
- “We really enjoyed our stay at The Cobbles cottage. It was well appointed with all you need for a relaxing holiday. A car is essential for this location but not far to Penrith and the Lakes District. Very quiet location”
- “loved the log fire”
- “the owners lived near by nothing was any trouble you only had to ask”
- “Best appointed cottage we have ever been in!”
- “This is beautiful conversion of a beautiful little cottage. It has everything that you could possibly be looking for in terms of cooking, comfort etc. The village is worth a walk around- it has an open air swimming pool. The only down side was that it is very small and we are very tall. The only place to stretch out was in bed...but apart from that it is really good value for money and it really is a beautiful cottage. Penrith is not far and its also a great town.”
- “The welcome from the proprietor was exceptional. Every circumstance was catered for in terms of equipment and sundries. Overall an excellent property.”
- “The cottage was one of the best we have stayed at. It is in extremely good condition with everything provided that should be and more. The owners were extremely helpful and informative. We could not have wished for a better place to stay.”
- “We had a warm welcome from the owners and lots of information to make our stay enjoyable. The cottage had everything we needed. Although the cottage is in the grounds of the owners property, they didn't intrude but if we needed anything, which we didn't, we only had to ring the bell. The area is quiet and the local people friendly. There is a watermill close by that mills all different types of organic flour. They make a large selection of bread and cakes and serve vegetarian meals in their tea room.”
- “The property was very well placed for both the North Pennines and the Lake District. The weather was cold during our stay but the cottage was very well heated. The owner was welcoming and helpful and overall we really enjoyed our stay.”
- “Lovely cosy, warm cottage in freezing outside conditions. Hosts were great, nothing was too much bother. All in all a great week.”
- “A cosy comfortable cottage with every home comfort you could want. Very helpful owners too.”
- “Couldn't fault this property at all. Everything was excellent, the owners had thought of everything and couldn't do enough for us. We will be booking this cottage again, it was so cosy and homely - we loved our stay there.”
- “The Cobbles was excellent, so much so that we will rent it again next winter.”
- “The owner was charming and very helpful. The Cobbles was very well equipped. Altogether, the holiday was excellent, even the weather was good!”
- “Everything was as described online. The accommodation was first rate and our hostess was exceptionally kind, thoughtful and helpful. It was a thoroughly enjoyable stay. A veritable home away from home!”
- “The cottage itself is of course small but very cosy, and it had everything we needed! We were quite amazed by that. The bathroom was higher than the rest of the cottage and very light which gave a good sense of space. The owners themselves are just great, really friendly and helpful. They gave advice about beautiful locations, the right stores and everything we asked about. All in all we had a great holiday! Never got bored for a second in the two weeks we stayed there and we felt right at home thanks to the friendly owners, the lovely cottage and the beautiful surroundings. We can really recommend it!”
- “It exceeded our expectations in every way. The cottage is maintained to the highest possible standard, and we were very pleased with our choice. This was our first holiday experience in the Lake District / self catering, dog friendly accommodation. The owners gave us a warm welcome, excellent local information, and were on hand for any queries without being intrusive. There are loads of tourist information brochures available in the cottage.”
About the location
Penrith 7 miles.
The attractive, unspoilt rural village of Winskill is situated in the Eden Valley and is ideally placed for exploring the Lake District and the North Pennines (an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty). Winskill is made up of a scattering of dwellings and old farmhouses and is near to the famous Coast to Coast Cycle Route. The River Eden runs nearby and the area is renowned for its excellent trout and salmon fishing, along with walking, cycling, canoeing and climbing. The Eden Gorge, between Lazonby and Armathwaite, is one of Cumbria's best-kept secrets, and is well worth exploring, plus the local railway station is a stop on the Settle-to-Carlisle Railway, which is one of the most beautiful railway journeys in Britain. Within easy reach is Rheged, which provides an innovative visitor centre with shops, restaurants, exhibitions and a giant cinema, whilst Brougham Castle, Long Meg and her daughters (the 3rd largest stone circle in England), Hadrian's Wall and the historic city of Carlisle are all a short drive away. Visit Alston, the highest market town in England, or take a day trip to discover the stunning scenery of both the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales National Parks.